Replacing Old PC

Just like the title says. Getting a new PC for the first time in 6 years, and I understand what all the numbers and what not mean, but I have no frame of reference for comparing GPU vs GPU, etc. when it comes to the performance of games, since on this one I've not played more than WoW and FFXIV (which this PC has a hard time running), sooo just wondering, would this computer be able to run Battlefield 4 and other graphically intense games on high settings with decent FPS? (Not that it's incredibly important but the computer I'm replacing is a Dell XPS 410, with the Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4, so yeah, definitely overdue)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboB...=Combo.1413457

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to also add, I like to do streaming and recording with Fraps, and just wanna make sure this will still be able to do that. On my current PC I can on LoL/DotA and WoW, but definitely not anything more intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Egitel View Post
    Just like the title says. Getting a new PC for the first time in 6 years, and I understand what all the numbers and what not mean, but I have no frame of reference for comparing GPU vs GPU, etc. when it comes to the performance of games, since on this one I've not played more than WoW and FFXIV (which this PC has a hard time running), sooo just wondering, would this computer be able to run Battlefield 4 and other graphically intense games on high settings with decent FPS? (Not that it's incredibly important but the computer I'm replacing is a Dell XPS 410, with the Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4, so yeah, definitely overdue)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboB...=Combo.1413457

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to also add, I like to do streaming and recording with Fraps, and just wanna make sure this will still be able to do that. On my current PC I can on LoL/DotA and WoW, but definitely not anything more intense.
    That build is very poorly optimized. Randomly high end parts mixed with randomly low end parts. Buying individual parts will net you much higher performance for $1230. Follow the sticky at the top of the forum and update the OP so we can help you further.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    That's not a bad combo if you're streaming, but I'd go for a higher end GPU, namely 770.

Which sticky are you referring to? The "Want help with your build," one? And sorry, I've really never built a PC (I just understand what the different parts do and where they go lol) so I'm not sure which parts are low end, or are a poor match, etc.

Deleted
    $150 more than the linked build for much greater streaming performance:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($294.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($57.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($143.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($174.00 @ Mac Mall)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($58.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($349.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Thermaltake Urban S21 ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Microcenter)
    Total: $1362.89
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-21 03:04 EST-0500)

Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    $150 more than the linked build for much greater streaming performance:
    With this build here, it's going to sound silly, but my budget is pretty much that exact $1230. This is a birthday gift from someone else and they saw that bundle. Removing the SSD gets me where I need to be, but that shouldn't be too big a deal, right? And it's something I can just add later? I mean the SSD is used primarily for just starting up frequent programs quickly, yeah?

Also, thanks a bunch for going out of your way to put a build together. Very much appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so here's the build I've come up with since then. I removed the SSD drive, as I can just buy another later, with my own money, and I changed the case to the one from that first bundle (I just liked the case better, and it had more fans, etc) and I changed the RAM to 2 sticks of 8GB, instead of 4 of 4GB. Figured that would allow me to have an easier time of upgrading to 32GB down the road. Anyway, the total price came out to $30 cheaper than that first bundle, with the better video card, the liquid cooling from your build, etc. Is this looking better?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/25VBL
    Last edited by Egitel; 2013-11-21 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Can't figure out how to link the list like you did. lol

Deleted
    Not too shabby! I could conceivably mention the Corsair Graphite 230T, as it contains three 120mm fans and it gets the build to under $1230. It is, however, orange rather than red.

EDIT: it seems that if you do go for the Graphite 230T, you won't be able to fit in an AIO water cooler, which is a shame.
    Last edited by mmoc5a460f7641; 2013-11-21 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    Not too shabby! I could conceivably mention the Corsair Graphite 230T, as it contains three 120mm fans and it gets the build to under $1230. It is, however, orange rather than red.

EDIT: it seems that if you do go for the Graphite 230T, you won't be able to fit in an AIO water cooler, which is a shame.
    Ah, okay. That's alright, this build here works for me! Thanks guys so much for the help, very much appreciated!