10+ Year Old Account

What WoD absolutely must change!

It has come to my attention that I'm not hipster enough. I've failed to post a complaint thread about WoD, but the time has come to rectify that.

My first reaction was that most people will agree that WoW just isn't what it used to be and we can find reasons to complain about everything that has happened since that fateful day when they allowed clams to stack.

I realize however that there is something even more important that must be changed as soon as possible.

Our underwear.

My toons have been wearing the same underwear since 2005 and something needs to be done about it. Now, you might say that aside from ERP we don't need to worry about a character's underwear, but I contend that just isn't thinking things through. Some of you are worried about better character models, despite the fact that most or all of the character is covered and you may be playing a druid anyway. I demand that resources be shifted to give that mailbox dancing Nelf a new set of undies, maybe even a choice of undies ... imagine having two pairs, an unthinkable luxury right now.

WoD means more /waggle, let's at least change our underwear. You never know when you might get hit by a Gronn.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

The new models which were shown at blizzcon had new underwear... ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wryn View Post
    The new models which were shown at blizzcon had new underwear... ^^
    Beat me to it. Yes, new models sport stylish new underoos.
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

Choices in underwear will just lead to more streaking through cities and nelfs trying to make a living dancing on mailboxes. That being said I support this idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by DETdream View Post
    Just enjoy the game folks, they're not making it for you specifically. When you were playing Super Mario Bros. you learned to jump over piranha plants, you didn't complain until they removed the damn thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indstructble12 View Post
    Choices in underwear will just lead to more streaking through cities and nelfs trying to make a living dancing on mailboxes. That being said I support this idea.
    I actually did pay for my enchants and gems in Wrath stripping for a while, but it was on that big statue by the coin fishing pool in Dalaran.
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    It has come to my attention that I'm not hipster enough. I've failed to post a complaint thread about WoD, but the time has come to rectify that.

My first reaction was that most people will agree that WoW just isn't what it used to be and we can find reasons to complain about everything that has happened since that fateful day when they allowed clams to stack.

I realize however that there is something even more important that must be changed as soon as possible.

Our underwear.

My toons have been wearing the same underwear since 2005 and something needs to be done about it. Now, you might say that aside from ERP we don't need to worry about a character's underwear, but I contend that just isn't thinking things through. Some of you are worried about better character models, despite the fact that most or all of the character is covered and you may be playing a druid anyway. I demand that resources be shifted to give that mailbox dancing Nelf a new set of undies, maybe even a choice of undies ... imagine having two pairs, an unthinkable luxury right now.

WoD means more /waggle, let's at least change our underwear. You never know when you might get hit by a Gronn.
    I believe new models come with a fresh pair, sir.

Also, as silly as this thread may seem, I remember back when I started in Vanilla, this was my very first MMO, and I was actually turned off by the fact that the characters never aged. I specifically remember walking up to a Night Elf and wondering how he could be level 60 and look just like the level 5 I had seen a few minutes earlier. I thought to myself "What kind of RPG is this?!"

lol, it's about as silly as many of the arguments brought up on MMOC daily about things that are "flawed" in WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Also, as silly as this thread may seem, I remember back when I started in Vanilla, this was my very first MMO, and I was actually turned off by the fact that the characters never aged. I specifically remember walking up to a Night Elf and wondering how he could be level 60 and look just like the level 5 I had seen a few minutes earlier. I thought to myself "What kind of RPG is this?!"
    Players don't want their character getting old, though. Some of us spent a lot of time picking all of the options to make our characters look how we wanted them, and we don't want the system making arbitrary changes because we've aged.

Quote Originally Posted by Callous1970 View Post
    Players don't want their character getting old, though. Some of us spent a lot of time picking all of the options to make our characters look how we wanted them, and we don't want the system making arbitrary changes because we've aged.
    Again, it was a silly expectation from a brand new player. It's one of the reasons I can understand where people are coming from on these forums half the time with their silly, absurd expectations of the game. The expectations make no practical sense much of the time, but from a relative standpoint, they do make sense through the eyes of the beholder. The point at which these expectations become hard to bear is when people get aggressive with them as if there's no other way the game will possibly work without their expectations being met.