Ditching my Laptop finally and building a new PC

Budget
    Around 1300-1500USD

Resolution
    1920x1080

Games / Settings Desired
    Warcraft with the ability to steam/record kills
    only other games I play are usually LoL and the occasional CoD

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    only streaming and recording video

Country
    USA

Parts that can be reused
    none

Do you need an OS?
    Selected windows 7, but am curious is windows 8 will be necesasry anytime soon?

Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc
    monitor, and possibly speakers although i did not select them in my list

Basically I want to see if there is way to lower my costs without gimping performance all that bad. If we are talking a few fps then I would prefer to go with cheaper parts as I will be purchasing all of the parts over the next few months.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($233.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($32.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-PRO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($174.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($335.91 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 500R White ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts Green 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($83.98 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor ($155.58 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1407.38 (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.) (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-21 11:47 EST-0500)

15+ Year Old Account
    Motherboard: Drop down to Asus Z87-A or Asrock Z87 Extreme4. A cheaper motherboard will not influence the performance at all, as long as you stay with the same chipset. A cheaper motherboard just has some features less (which you don't even need most of the time) and might not achieve the highest overclocks***, but other than that, there is no reason to pay like $100 more for a "better" board.

*** Every Z87 board can achieve 4.5GHz or more. The board quality only matters if you are pushing against the limit of the cpu, when you get closer to 5GHz.

PSU: You don't need 650W. For the same price you could get a Seasonic G 550W with 80+ Gold or save a bit a get an XFX Core 550W for $60.

Monitor: As you are not going for a 120Hz monitor, i would suggest to get an IPS panel. The picture quality is just superior. E.g. Acer or Asus
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Deleted
    Asus PB238Q fo your monitor if you can fit it in your budget.

Get yourself an SSD (Samsung 840 EVO) when possible, it's worth every penny.

I see no reason to go with Windows 7 anymore.

Sorry I am not all too familiar with monitors, what is the main difference between the one I included in my list and the one that you linked?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voluntaire View Post
    Sorry I am not all too familiar with monitors, what is the main difference between the one I included in my list and the one that you linked?
    IPS monitor will offer the best image as it has more accurate and better quality colors and you also get better viewing angles.

Short comparison video, you can easily find more on Youtube just search "IPS vs TN".