Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Hmmm i'd find it strange if they banned people simply for using Oque. I'm sure i've seen blue posts in reply to people who have complained about not being able to find groups for stuff on an under populated realm where a blizzard blue poster has actually recommended the Oque addon as a solution... The addon has also been recommended on popular and reputable websites such as wowinsider.

I normally use Oque to find my ordos and Celestial weekly kill on my main and a few alts. I enable it, find my groups for that on a wednesday and then turn it off.. I wasn't aware that it kept you logged in when afk and it's never come up because I disable it whenever i'm not actively using it.

I've heard the reason that OQ has been removed from websites such as curse is simply because it asks for donations on it's in game interface... Nothing to do with the functionality of the addon being against any rules.

I'd like to see a blue post on the subject... Blizz know it's a popular addon that thousands of players use so I find it hard to believe that they'd start banning players who would clearly have no reason to believe they were doing anything wrong.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-11-28 at 06:40 AM.

I'm sure someone said it already, but the addon does have a "prevent afk" feature. Which IS 100% ban-able. Whether any of you want to believe it or not, i remember specifically when they implemented that rule when Cata was launched and servers with login queue times had problems with people using anti afk methods.

The only thing they could ban people for in the addon is the anti afk function.

And another edit. Seems the anti afk function is gone anyway.
    Last edited by noladrew; 2013-11-29 at 11:28 PM.

I always made sure I got the prevent afk feature off , but I stopped using the addon just before I stopped playing MoP.

oQueue is a glutinous hog of an addon that infiltrates itself in whatever you do, even though you can hide the whispers they never truly stop so there's always a butt ton of traffic involved.

Usually my Elvui uses around 7-8mb of memory ( with things like DBM , Gatherer and a few bits ) but as soon as you turn on oQueue and hide the whispers it keeps going up and up , once to a staggering 50+mb used. so u can figure how much background crap its sending.

Also everytime I hide myself from oQueue or go dark ( or even uninstall ) I keep getting randoms added on my friendslist for another 2-3 days.
    Apart from all these things the concept is good , but due to the way it infiltrates itself and keeps sending hidden traffic I would never use it on any decent server like Silvermoon EU Alliance of Draenor EU Horde.

But if your stuck on one of those '' we got 5 raiding guilds '' realms that its your only option next to transferring, just wish it wasn't such a hog of addon.

any luck getting you account back?

Deleted
    That answer from the GM is so vague and stupid i dont find words really.
    You can go into any lowlevel dungeon and but yourself in combat and it doesnt log you out.
    All the raiders in my guild on kazzak-EU go into RFC and AFK there from morning to raidtime due to we having 2hrs log-in que at raidtimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Shouldn't they just let people use OQ until the blizzard raid browser is finished and in the game. I mean come on, they have done that before with plenty of other addons, incorperated good addons into the game. Whether the OP is telling the truth or not is another question, but that's by the by.
    they should yes but i never understood blizzards philosiphy on thease thing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    I always made sure I got the prevent afk feature off , but I stopped using the addon just before I stopped playing MoP.

oQueue is a glutinous hog of an addon that infiltrates itself in whatever you do, even though you can hide the whispers they never truly stop so there's always a butt ton of traffic involved.

Usually my Elvui uses around 7-8mb of memory ( with things like DBM , Gatherer and a few bits ) but as soon as you turn on oQueue and hide the whispers it keeps going up and up , once to a staggering 50+mb used. so u can figure how much background crap its sending.

Also everytime I hide myself from oQueue or go dark ( or even uninstall ) I keep getting randoms added on my friendslist for another 2-3 days.
    Apart from all these things the concept is good , but due to the way it infiltrates itself and keeps sending hidden traffic I would never use it on any decent server like Silvermoon EU Alliance of Draenor EU Horde.

But if your stuck on one of those '' we got 5 raiding guilds '' realms that its your only option next to transferring, just wish it wasn't such a hog of addon.
    I've never had any issues with the addon, been using it most of MoP. I have all the options unchecked except for maybe one or two.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

Deleted
    Shouldn't be...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengamer08 View Post
    Any updates of any sort? I just found out about this addon, and I'd love to use it and get to raid But I don't want to get in trouble for using it :S /worried
    Not to disparage anyone making such a claim but often times it is other programs, and not addons, that are the reason why an account is suspended or closed. That or other illicit activities (i.e. Scamming, Win Trading, Account Sharing, etc…).
    http://oq.publicvent.org/is-oqueue-safe-to-use/

/THREAD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post

And another edit. Seems the anti afk function is gone anyway.
    OH REALLY?! lol maybe because thats an outright lie... and there never was an "Anti-AFK" feature. Ive been using the addon LITERALLY from day one. Months before it was one curse, there never existed such a thing.
    Last edited by Ronburggundy; 2013-12-05 at 11:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh a blue just openly admitted that many people at Blizzard use Oqueue when responding to the Raid Finder changes in 5.4.2. So I guess they will need to ban themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronburggundy View Post
    http://oq.publicvent.org/is-oqueue-safe-to-use/
    OH REALLY?! lol maybe because thats an outright lie... and there never was an "Anti-AFK" feature. Ive been using the addon LITERALLY from day one. Months before it was one curse, there never existed such a thing.
    My oQueue does a thing where it removes my <afk> tag, even if I type /afk. Or is that another addon? I don't remember it happening before oQueue.

Regardless, it's never stopped the game from logging me after inactivity.

Anyone know if there are plans to continue development after WoD's release? I don't trust Bliz's planned group-finder.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    IF and this is a BIG OL IF, oQueue removes the afk from a person, this is certainly not a "function" or a "feature". There is not any kind of "keep me logged in feature", that people are trying to say there is.

Anyone know if there are plans to continue development after WoD's release? I don't trust Bliz's planned group-finder.
    There are absolutely no plans to stop development of oQueue as long as blizzard does not straight up break its functionality to promote their group finder.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...of-oqueue-542/

If a blue poster community manager openly admits that they are using it themselves then I think it's safe.

"A lot of players are drawing parallels between our new Group Finder and the oQueue addon, and that's a perfectly valid comparison. We've been thrilled to see how people have taken to oQueue for finding organized groups, especially in 5.4, and feel that's the sort of thing that the game really should be providing to all players. We're not trying to "kill oQueue"; in fact, a lot of us use it ourselves."

Just disable the auto afk remover thing (if it even exists).. I've never even noticed the option tbh.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-12-05 at 11:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post

Just disable the auto afk remover thing (if it even exists).. I've never even noticed the option tbh.
    Thats becuase it doesn't exist, other than in the minds of the trolls spewing slander.

Using oQueue does not violate the terms of service, no.
    Now that we have a blue on this (which is on the front page right now) can we please see this thread closed? Far too much feeding of the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymertron View Post
    Now that we have a blue on this (which is on the front page right now) can we please see this thread closed? Far too much feeding of the trolls.
    I was actually coming in here to clarify it as well. OQ is NOT a ban-able offense.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

There are absolutely no plans to stop development of oQueue as long as blizzard does not straight up break its functionality to promote their group finder.
    Wonderful news.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Now that we know for sure that OQ isn't a banable offence.
    What I'd like to know is if making troll threads and fueling it for quite some time is ?

I've been quite late for this discussion but Blizz have been promoting OQ a few times in the past already, and also how long does it take you to walk your dog... 3months ? Because that's what it would take them to investigate and sanction you.

Im not sure if its oQueue but I noticed earlier today while alt-tabbed my character had been auto set to afk (like normal, I think its about 5 minutes or something) while afk I received a PM from a guildy, when I alt tabbed back I noticed that receiving the PM forced my character to be nolonger flagged as AFK. This is the first time I've seen such an event, I've been running oQueue for some time and I can think of dozens of incidents off the top of my head where I've been kicked from the game for inactivity. I've never experienced an addon forcing me to stay logged in, especially not oQueue.

I didn't read the entire thread as its now almost 1am, but from what I've read so far, I really believe there's more to the story than we've been told and the OP is hiding something.

Good, since there's a strong chance blizzard will get their first iteration of the oQ clone wrong. Hopefully they allow addons to link into their new cross-realm LFM setup so we can keep the options we're used to with oQ.