The horrible effect of no flying on imbalanced PvP servers.

I personally like the idea of no flying until 6.1, mostly impartial though.

However, I think an extremely negative effect will be on faction dominated PvP servers. All of my 90's are Horde on Bleeding Hollow, an extremely horde dominated PvP server.

The Alliance players are going to have a terrible, frustrating time leveling through WoD that makes me even pity them. Not to mention I'm sure it's going to be frustrating enough for a lot of them to server transfer, making the imbalance even worse.

Realistically though what can be done?

They've stated that they're also trying to balance out factions with connected realms in addition to trying to fill the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Deleted
    Think about the wonderful, wonderful gankfests we'll have! Whenever someone spots a gnome we'll just form a circle around the corpse and take turns killing and teabaging it over and over again. When one gets bored, two more will take their place! Orc boots stomping on a pitiful gnome face forever.

Bleeding Hollow is one of the most balanced high population servers in the game...

In any case, I doubt it makes any difference. People are blowing this way out of proportion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't we have like massive horde and alliance faction zones, so that wouldn't be such a big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I doubt it will have much impact compared to previous expansions. The only difference between this model and others is that you will still be grounded when you hit max level, and only until the next patch.

Imbalanced PvP servers already have issues with every single thing that happens outside of instanced content. You can't balance content with that in mind. Otherwise there would be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Bleeding Hollow is one of the most balanced high population servers in the game...

In any case, I doubt it makes any difference. People are blowing this way out of proportion.
    Do you play on Bleeding Hollow? Seems not or you'd know. Try the Timeless Isle as Alliance there.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was at end of Cata and start of MoP. I took a break around 5.2 and just came back. I'm horde also and it really is VERY lopsided now compared to before. Taking a stroll around Timeless Isle lets you know how bad it has gotten.

I don't see a fix for this. Their are more horde players on pvp realms and more alliance players on pve realms. There is no way to server merge to make them balanced. I don't even attack alliance anymore unless I get attacked first, feel bad for them.

Quote Originally Posted by dPwnShop View Post
    I don't even attack alliance anymore unless I get attacked first, feel bad for them.
    Same here, I've actually seen a lot of horde on bleeding hollow take the same approach. There will of course always be the people that just love winning through numbers sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanlover View Post
    They've stated that they're also trying to balance out factions with connected realms in addition to trying to fill the world.
    Which is funny because on Monday they doubled the Horde population on my server by adding 2 heavy Horde pop realms to it.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    Do you play on Bleeding Hollow? Seems not or you'd know. Try the Timeless Isle as Alliance there.
    I am also on Bleeding Hollow and overall it is one of the most balance PVP servers, however it is still like a 65% Horde 35% Alliance split, not 50/50 by any means.

Everyone is blowing it out of proportion, when it comes to leveling, no matter what population size there will always be griefers. However in most cases everyone leaves each other alone while leveling. I for one only attack when I am attacked... in most cases anyways.

Leveling on a PVP server (provided it isn't too imbalanced) can be one of the funnest things in the game (outside of getting camped) . I remember leveling on a PVP server in Vanilla was so damn stressful, never knew when there would be a battle .

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    I am also on Bleeding Hollow and overall it is one of the most balance PVP servers, however it is still like a 65% Horde 35% Alliance split, not 50/50 by any means.

Everyone is blowing it out of proportion, when it comes to leveling, no matter what population size there will always be griefers. However in most cases everyone leaves each other alone while leveling. I for one only attack when I am attacked... in most cases anyways.

Leveling on a PVP server (provided it isn't too imbalanced) can be one of the funnest things in the game (outside of getting camped) . I remember leveling on a PVP server in Vanilla was so damn stressful, never knew when there would be a battle .
    The 65% that most census sites has seems pretty inaccurate, as it accounts all characters and not just 90's. Whenever I play it's nothing but swarming horde. I made a 90 alliance warlock on BH to check out the other side and timeless isle is so frustrating I just avoid it all together.

Are they shutting off cross realm servers? Because those tend to balance the areas out, don't they?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is most definitely not. 65-35 would be a conservative estimate that also doesn't account for all the horde that do nothing but camp questing/leveling/daily areas pretty much at any time of day I've ever been there.

I can't even imagine what the Timeless Isle is like. If I ever go there it's after receiving an invite to an alliance dominant PvE server first.
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

Pvping on a pvp server ? Proposterus! What were they thinking ? Btw. this is the same as in Pandaria, I remember pvping beign more common than normally during the first couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Fathr View Post
    Pvping on a pvp server ? Proposterus! What were they thinking ? Btw. this is the same as in Pandaria, I remember pvping beign more common than normally during the first couple of months.
    Yep, 10 vs 2 is pvp. That's not the issue being discussed. The point is just brainstorming ideas to make it actually competitive open world pvp. What is pvp worth if it's not competitive? This isn't a complaint, I acknowledge it's an incredibly hard issue to solve and I don't blame blizzard.