Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Conquest system awful.

I forgot to cap last week and now my conquest cap is back down to 1800.....when it should be over 2200 cause of my 2's rating.

I would have been better off not capping a single week this season and just doing it all in one week (i would have had a higher cap), why dont the catch up weeks count if you forget to cap one week to the next? System seems pretty messed up to me. It rewards people that dont ever do pvp, but if you do pvp and forget a week they screw you.

- - - Updated - - -

wrong forum, im an idiot lol.

Deleted
    Thread moved to PvP.

I didn't really get into the next expansion changes, but I been told there will be no more conquest gear, pvp gear will be bought with Honor, and in arena everyone gonna get same gear

Not sure if it is but I wish all this is true.

Can anyone tell me if this is right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    I didn't really get into the next expansion changes, but I been told there will be no more conquest gear, pvp gear will be bought with Honor, and in arena everyone gonna get same gear

Not sure if it is but I wish all this is true.

Can anyone tell me if this is right?
    Not true.

10 char

Honestly, can anyone explain why my conquest caps went back to 1800 after forgetting to cap a week? I do not recall this happening last season, can anyone confirm this is as intended and not a bug?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Honestly, can anyone explain why my conquest caps went back to 1800 after forgetting to cap a week? I do not recall this happening last season, can anyone confirm this is as intended and not a bug?
    I seem to recall it being mentioned somewhere that rating is lost during inactive periods to counter people rushing high ratings and sitting there until the end of the season, I could be wrong though.

Deleted
    As far as i know, the conquest cap is calculated based on the highest rating achieved during the previous week. If you do not play any games, it counts as 0 rating (may be 1500). So it is better for you to win 1 game during a week, than not to play at all.

Thats the thing, i could have swore it kept your cap for the whole season based on your highest rating at any given week, maybe they changed it this season?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    No it has been that way for a few seasons. You need to win a game in that week to keep the cap rolling on to the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamocca View Post
    As far as i know, the conquest cap is calculated based on the highest rating achieved during the previous week. If you do not play any games, it counts as 0 rating (may be 1500). So it is better for you to win 1 game during a week, than not to play at all.
    Yes its like that. But im not sure about the one game. For some reason i remebered for me that i Need to Play at least 10 games a week to benefit from the higher cqp cap.

Anyway, basilcy at every new week start (wedensday) the projected cqp cap is 1800 for me, no matter what ratin im on. Then it changes once you start to Play.

Ist for 2 reasons:

1. Get 2.4 k and sit on it /benefit
    2. Blizzard wants you to Play all the time as much as possible, not just when you feel like

Quote Originally Posted by Valorfar View Post
    No it has been that way for a few seasons. You need to win a game in that week to keep the cap rolling on to the next week.
    Ok i must have been mistaken then, at least i know its not a bug

Deleted
    you shouldnt be rewarded for something u didnt do, or in ur case forgot.. its your fault, this is a dumb reason to complain about tbh. its obvious that piece of gear matters to you.. so next time dont forget

I actually disagree with that alex simply for the reason that the catch up system actually makes it smarter to not cap all season then miss a week. Yes i forgot this time but what if it was unavoidable, like if i was on vacation or something. The way it is now its smarter to not do any pvp the whole season than play the whole season and miss a week, thats my complaint.

It used to be that you had to participate in at least 10 games a week to keep your rating active. Participate, not win. It was changed a while back and now you just have to participate in at least one game int eh bracket your rating is in for it to count the next week.

For example, your RBG rating is 2200 and your 2v2 rating is 1800. You don't play any RBG games this week, but you play one 2v2 game and lose. Next week your cap is based off your 2v2 1800 rating. The following week you play one RBG game and lose, the next week your cap is based off your 2200 RBG rating.

I hope that makes sense.

nevermind someone else already made the comment
    Orc/Human Hunter - Futon @ Nathrezim and Kel'Thuzad

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually disagree with that alex simply for the reason that the catch up system actually makes it smarter to not cap all season then miss a week.
    How in the world did you arrive at that conclusion? That's not how it works.

I actually disagree with that alex simply for the reason that the catch up system actually makes it smarter to not cap all season then miss a week. Yes i forgot this time but what if it was unavoidable, like if i was on vacation or something. The way it is now its smarter to not do any pvp the whole season than play the whole season and miss a week, thats my complaint.
    If your only reason for playing is gear I guess you have a point. But actually you don't. The catch up system only rewards 1,000 points per week you miss. If you play and participate you get at least 2200 points per week. The catch up system is specifically designed for people who hit max level late into the season but still want to pvp.
    Orc/Human Hunter - Futon @ Nathrezim and Kel'Thuzad

The catch up system works based off of your seasonal earned... if you aren't getting a raised cap from it, then you've already exceeded the amount you would have gotten with it. So no, if you had waited, you wouldn't receive anymore than you have gotten this season, you would receive even less than you currently have gotten so far. I don't see why you're even talking about the catch up system? It's not affecting you at all... you've already surpassed how many points you would have with it.

And your cap defaults to 1800 if you don't do a single game in a week (win or loss). That's how it has been for quite a few seasons now.
    Last edited by Syh; 2013-11-15 at 12:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valorfar View Post
    No need to win, just play a game, win or lose and you'll get your fully projected cap again.

I don't think you understand how the catch up works. You would absolutely be worse off if you didn't cap all season and then used the catch up.

As for your rating and cap. Do games this week. You will find your cap goes back to whatever your rating allows for. You missed a week of games so you miss a week of the rewards.