Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Death knight or Warlock in WoD

Soo I just can not decide which class I should roll in the new xpack.

I really love both classes, do you think we recieve some DK love from blizz this time or just the random I buff this one I nerf that one thing again?

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock4real View Post
    Soo I just can not decide which class I should roll in the new xpack.

I really love both classes, do you think we recieve some DK love from blizz this time or just the random I buff this one I nerf that one thing again?
    After this xpac I am sure Warlocks are going to see a nerf.

But I am with ya.. I love both classes but have stuck to the warlock most this xpac due to the overhaul and green fire.. I love green fire!

Dk.

Warlocks are target dummies in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Picking which class you are going to play next xpac seems kinda pointless I'd reccomend that you wait till they like actually change something.
    Negative - US Lightning's Blade
    <Imba>
    B-tag: Negative#1554

Deleted
    Unless you can see into the future nobody can answer that question for you. I seem to remember devs themselves have acknowledged the op-ness of warlocks during this expansion (pve-wise) and, if they know that then you can be sure they'll be looking to change it.

Disclaimer: The next couple of paragraphs will be complete guesswork and my opinion only.

While the masterfrost(dw) and haste...er...critfrost(2h) playstyles have been great in terms of flexibility and variation they have likely limited how far they can balance us as a class overall. I can see them consolidating both playstyles again, likely going down the obliterate-centric route.

I doubt they'll make many changes to Unholy. It would be nice for weapon damage to play more of a part but at least you have a spec to turn to if you've been really lucky with weapon drops during a tier!

There will be a whole load of balancing, tuning and new abilities during the PTR and blizzard themselves said you might get little spell changes/upgrades as you level. "Wait and see" is the only real answer. You can always use that free level 90 on a warlock!

There is almost no conceivable situation, outside of tanking bosses in raids, where a DK will be better than a warlock.

Except for the fact that warlocks are just emo mages that stand in the back in their pretty dresses with all the rest of the effete pussies.

Dress-wearing weakling >>>>>>> ele shaman=boomkin > hunter >>>> rogue >>> warrior >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    There is almost no conceivable situation, outside of tanking bosses in raids, where a DK will be better than a warlock.
    Soloing old content, questing and dailies, leveling speed, duels, open pvp when alone, generally anything involving being by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post

Except for the fact that warlocks are just emo mages that stand in the back in their pretty dresses with all the rest of the effete pussies.

Dress-wearing weakling <<<<<<< ele shaman=boomkin < hunter <<<< rogue <<< warrior <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<everything else
    Erm, im thinking this is what you meant

beta testing first, don't think about re-rolling until well into the beta, as they change stuff so much. that being said, play what you like more i believe both will be great in 20man raiding, if they hold true to what they're saying this will be the most balanced raid to date. as they stated they want to have every class brought to the 20man raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Razhiel View Post
    Erm, im thinking this is what you meant

If the hungry crocodile wants to eat the Ele shaman then that means the Ele shaman is stronger.....which is wrong. You will have to forgive me, the last time I covered the ">" and "<" symbols was 20 years ago in primary school.

Deleted
    The hungry crocodile... XD?
    But "<" means less than, ">" means greater than.

Meaning that, in the above example, "Dress wearing weakling <<< elemental shaman"; the dress wearing weakling is weaker/worse than/less than the ele shaman and so on and so forth :P

10+ Year Old Account
    We have no idea yet what blizzard will do with DKs in WoD but if we don't get any sort of buff or if they don't sort out our scaling issues, well... the situation won't be any better than it is right now.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    If the hungry crocodile wants to eat the Ele shaman then that means the Ele shaman is stronger.....which is wrong. You will have to forgive me, the last time I covered the ">" and "<" symbols was 20 years ago in primary school.
    Easy way to remember;

The left arrow (<) is less-than. the right arrow (>) is not.

OT:

I'm kinda tied between DK or something with a ranged DPS spec myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythea View Post

Meaning that, in the above example, "Dress wearing weakling <<< elemental shaman"; the dress wearing weakling is weaker/worse than/less than the ele shaman and so on and so forth :P
    That's a shame, I was under the impression hungry crocodiles were honour bound only to consume the strongest prey. Now it turns out that they are a bunch of craven's seeking the weaker option.

I am very disappoint. My faith in crocodiles smashed .

Deleted
    Yet another, what class do we think will out dps the other.. rather then which is more enjoyable to play as.. i say roll a pandaren monk

I think we all got what he meant, even if is was worded out a bit oddly

OT: On the whole "should i reroll" questions/threads, i honestly think it doesn't matter what WoL or any parse/sim says - what you should ask yourself is what ROLES do you enjoy playing. Be it tanking/healing/dpsing (range or melee?) and then figure out what classes appeal to you. Other then a few occasions where a patch makes a particular class excel at some form of "meter", under "normal" circumstances all the classes are very close to one another. Of course, this doesn't include any sort of combat mechanics that favor range/melee nor should it matter when picking a class to play.

Want to do melee dps + some tanking? Pick DK.
    Want to exclusively play a ranged dpser? Pick Warlock.

Your DPS aint on par with the others in your group? Try harder, learn more and execute the fights better - you`d be surprised how big of a difference more skillful play makes regardless of class.

Guess I took the thread off-topic a bit

Ultimately, whichever direction the mouth is facing is considered "greater than", but I'd hope everyone recognizes that Blizzard prefers the dress-wearing weaklings.

I have a 563ilvl as unholy, a rogue in my guild has a similar ilvl (within one or two points) and he is consistently ahead by a large margin, 50-90k dps(not damage done). That seems like a pretty large gap between two melee players. It would be nice if dps values were a little closer in WoD.

Here's a WoL for one of our recent weeks: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ye...um/damageDone/
    Last edited by dubious_doomhammer; 2013-11-23 at 07:23 PM.

Usually we are one of the top dps first tier of an expansion because of the low stats but after that I'm sure dk dps will go right back down to where it is now. Warlock might be the safer bet long term but honestly just play whatever you think is more fun.

Deleted
    I'd say DK, awsome pvp etc etc