Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

are garrisons phased?

will everyone on the server, horde and alliance be able to see any given garrison? will we see a million garrisons in a zone or will they be phased so only the individual sees his own garrison?

what the hell is going on
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

They're phased, and they're in set locations, (like the farm) with an option in each zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    you have to "group" in order for others to see your garrison. Dont want to be robbed while you are out saving the world.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

i know they're phased so that nobody can see them, but i hope people can't still see you when you're in it. i want to be able to walk about and rp with myself like the socially awkward penguin nerd i am.

They're going to be a shack in a random place with an npc that you speak to and get instanced into your bland generic prechosen human or orc architecture fortification layout.

j/k.

But nah, it will just be a really big farm with more preset plots for your generic looking faction buildings. The only thing that would make it really interesting is if you could actually have a reason to bring other players to your garrison. Like events that trigger that you may have control over, and good exp. Or if you can create portals to places. Or if you could create your own dungeon. Or if you could summon scenario-difficulty/brawler's guild level bosses that you can group up with to fight for random cosmetic gear or something. I don't know. But I have a FEELING (not fact) that it will disappoint a lot of people when they see how little it really has to offer aside from some probably dismal amount of resource gain. (At least in comparison to the inevitable gold sink it's going to be, and the time it will take to upgrade it.)

On a side note, I like how we're just marching back in time through a portal and setting up camp as if it's our birthright. Especially seeing how much destruction we've caused the last one. But I digress.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    They're phased, and they're in set locations, (like the farm) with an option in each zone.
    At least an option in each zone. I'm guessing there'll be at least 2 per zone so that we have variety.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

If they weren't phased there'd be no room for anything else on Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    If they weren't phased there'd be no room for anything else on Draenor.
    Blues had stated they werent phased but that brings up the problem of entire zones being nothing but garrisons. The solution is you can always see yours in the world, but can only see others when invited.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what if two people have a garrison in the same spot and one person invites another to come in to see it?

Which person's garrison will be displayed?

The one's who gear is more epix

So the guy who solos MC out of boredom and has everything full of trash epic will show over the guy in full iLvl 600? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by ssjgohan4life View Post
    Blues had stated they werent phased but that brings up the problem of entire zones being nothing but garrisons. The solution is you can always see yours in the world, but can only see others when invited.
    They are phased, they just modified phasing tech to allow you to see it from much farther away.

Anyway, there's simply not enough land to make them non-phased and actually have space to put any quests in, so Blizz doesn't have much of a choice here.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    So what if two people have a garrison in the same spot and one person invites another to come in to see it?

Which person's garrison will be displayed?
    the invitee will get a ready check like thing to opt in to visit the garrison that isn't theirs.

Yes, they are phased and located in different locations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ssjgohan4life View Post
    So they're phased basically....