How I avoided resubbing ....

WoD and the SoO patch have me admittedly curious about the current state of the game. I left quite some time ago - last year maybe? It was before Thunder King - and while I keep abreast of things via MMO-Champ in game hasn't really held a lot of appeal to me.

As I said though, I'm curious. I wonder about the class changes, how much easier it will/would be to get my alts up to 90, state of LFR and whether or not Flex is worthwhile. So tonight while at the store I wander by the electronics section and see just the standard $30/60-day card and get a little itchy.

So I look at it.

Look at it some more.

Then I asked myself one simple question; "Is there anyone I know currently playing that I want to play with?"

The answer? No. No there isn't.

And thus I walked away and instead invested in some trail mix and egg nog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gamestop is selling 60 day game cards for 5 bucks on black friday.

./mind explode
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post

./mind explode
    If such is truth that MAY get me to give her another go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post

./mind explode
    If this is true: suddenly ALL the game cards!

(But seriously, why didn't Blizzard just sell us who know we're going to be playing another annual pass? /mindboggle)

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Then I asked myself one simple question; "Is there anyone I know currently playing that I want to play with?"
    If I asked myself that, I'd have left years ago. The only 2 individuals I personally know who played this game left before ICC opened...

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If I asked myself that, I'd have left years ago. The only 2 individuals I personally know who played this game left before ICC opened...
    I never said I had to know them personally, in BC my friend's list was filled to the brim with competency. Almost nothing but healers and DPS that knew how to CC.

LFD kind of killed that and most guilds I've been in are filled with people that either are unable to bring competency to a raid or are uptight and freak out at every last little mistake anyone makes and often are both.

At this point there's just not a lot going on in game to keep me all that interested and while I love the convenience that LFD and LFR have offered - especially given how poor I am at guild finding - I do solidly feel that they've killed community. Not because of that whole "Well in BC your reputation on a realm mattered!" because frankly that hardly ever did as no matter how much of a jackwagon someone was in trade chat there was always more than a few folks amused and in some cases looking up to them.

Instead it killed community by making it too easy to dungeon, too easy to raid. There wasn't really a large need to try and sync up your schedule with folks you enjoyed playing with to get your daily dungeon done and as folks left the game, myself included on one of my many breaks, there wasn't much of a reason to make new friends.

I'm hoping Flex has done a lot to alleviate this, but at this point I don't see myself dropping $30 or even $15 to log into the game, putz around for a bit, visit the timeless isle, cue up thunder king and be bored in a week. :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I never said I had to know them personally, in BC my friend's list was filled to the brim with competency. Almost nothing but healers and DPS that knew how to CC.

LFD kind of killed that and most guilds I've been in are filled with people that either are unable to bring competency to a raid or are uptight and freak out at every last little mistake anyone makes and often are both.

At this point there's just not a lot going on in game to keep me all that interested and while I love the convenience that LFD and LFR have offered - especially given how poor I am at guild finding - I do solidly feel that they've killed community. Not because of that whole "Well in BC your reputation on a realm mattered!" because frankly that hardly ever did as no matter how much of a jackwagon someone was in trade chat there was always more than a few folks amused and in some cases looking up to them.

Instead it killed community by making it too easy to dungeon, too easy to raid. There wasn't really a large need to try and sync up your schedule with folks you enjoyed playing with to get your daily dungeon done and as folks left the game, myself included on one of my many breaks, there wasn't much of a reason to make new friends.

I'm hoping Flex has done a lot to alleviate this, but at this point I don't see myself dropping $30 or even $15 to log into the game, putz around for a bit, visit the timeless isle, cue up thunder king and be bored in a week. :-)
    Yea, the community thing is kinda a junk argument. Most of the people I played with regularly were met in LFD. Guilds started to fall at the end of wrath as the ICC patch went on forever. Then with the start of Cata and guild leveling people would jump guilds at the drop of a hat just for a higher perk. This was also probably the biggest time of churn with new players replacing the old, and a lot of Vanilla players leaving. The whole culture of the game changed, but LFD had little to do with it.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

Quote Originally Posted by BEYR View Post
    The whole culture of the game changed, but LFD had little to do with it.
    Maybe not for you, but since LFD came along in LK I think I've maybe added 10 people to my friend's list and that's being generous.