To all ADC players: Start with a Relic Shield!

This makes your early game a tad weaker but at the same time spoonfeeds your support for a better mid/late game. Make it a new meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to say, but by a tad weaker you mean you will lose every single trade against someone who started with a dorans blade, have no sustain outside of pots and runes and get zoned the entire laning phase.

It's simply not worth giving up your ability to lane to give your support a little bit extra gold.

Duo lane relic shield is so stupid lol...

I saw oddone & xspecial doing 2-1-2 comps with duo relic shields.

I love preseason patches. So much fun...

League of cleavers
    League of warmogs
    League of shields

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    I hate to say, but by a tad weaker you mean you will lose every single trade against someone who started with a dorans blade, have no sustain outside of pots and runes and get zoned the entire laning phase.

It's simply not worth giving up your ability to lane to give your support a little bit extra gold.
    2 pokes and dorans shield is basically worthless for health. The 10 attack damage I never felt was that much of a difference.

Shield > anything else if you're a decent player. Its 360 gold which allows you to go with more health pots. Relic shield is already good sustain. I see them increasing the cost of it soon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    2 pokes and dorans shield is basically worthless for health. The 10 attack damage I never felt was that much of a difference.

Shield > anything else if you're a decent player. Its 360 gold which allows you to go with more health pots. Relic shield is already good sustain. I see them increasing the cost of it soon
    I dunno. In a proper trade you would come out behind because of the extra AD and health that dorans gives. I may be underestimating the amount of gold that relic shield gives, but I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    I dunno. In a proper trade you would come out behind because of the extra AD and health that dorans gives. I may be underestimating the amount of gold that relic shield gives, but I don't think so.
    The relic can share cannon gold as well if that matters for anything.

It works well in a passive lane that can sustain & disengage. You will lose the trade yes, but if they start dorans blade eventually it'll get to the point where they can't stay in lane longer than you, therefor you can continue to farm, while your support feeds you share gold and vice versa.

Its really hard to say, its day 1. I'm pretty sure its going to get nerfed again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I guess I was wrong.

Apparently the amount of gold it generates is prompting people to run a 2-1-2 setup with no jungler because the item gives so much gold that it makes it inefficient to have a jungler.

I do suspect it will be nerfed soon though.

Yea It's getting nerfed in the next patch I believe, Riot stated they're fixing the stats on it

Deleted
    Is fixed, anyway is OP. Too much gold for both.

It's getting nerfed but if you're a competent player you should dominate that trade early enough and zone them completely, it's sort of hard to predict that though in blind or even ranked as you don't know what strategy they'd use.

Still, after plenty of time, I'm sure someone would find the flaw in it's practice to be too much to pass up and you'd see people countering with like Blue Pot ganks on evelynn or diana jungle to try and catch the duo laners out.

Even without the nerf, I can't imagine it changing the meta that much. You'd see a change in solo laners though, massive wave clear and safe farm would suddenly make a rise, potentially having morgana/anivia make a comeback with blue buff starts (as the enemy blue is now open for your own jungler).

Again, too much counter play to really be effective.

- - - Updated - - -

Or worse, can you imagine if suddenly a team had 3 safe solo laners with massive wave clear and safety tried to farm up early game while you had 2 junglers on the map? I mean, the experience and gold and map pressure would be insane. Relic Shield has the chance of changing the meta against itself, how crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

I've heard the execute mechanic doesn't work anymore for ranged, but you can still share the gold.

Haven't played a ranged character on bot yet to even test it.

So sounds like things are the way they should.

I mean look at it this way, its not as if the support isn't getting gold. They're just not getting another 20-50 gold per min (after the 30-60 sec nerf). The another gold income items are not bad actually. I prefer the new 'shureliyas' esque item.

I've heard the execute mechanic doesn't work anymore for ranged, but you can still share the gold.

Haven't played a ranged character on bot yet to even test it.

So sounds like things are the way they should.

I mean look at it this way, its not as if the support isn't getting gold. They're just not getting another 20-50 gold per min (after the 30-60 sec nerf). The another gold income items are not bad actually. I prefer the new 'shureliyas' esque item.
    i agree the coin seems to be a better item and doesn't fall off late game. Relic Shield stops generating gold when everyone on your team is 1 shotting waves. Frost blade thing also falls off since your not harassing as much. The coin gives some good universal stats.

On a side note these new support items are creating very odd support combos. Last night i played a tris/brand vs a lucian/aatrox. (brand wasn't intentional). The enemy team had really great diving abilities if we go too close while we had some good nuking abilities to keep them low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the "minions below 200 health are executed" doesn't work for ranged, but if you last hit with an auto or spell, it still gives gold and the heal.

... If you are up against a bully team like thresh/leona/taric/nami mixed with a adc that likes to trade like graves that extra gold you make is not going to be worth all the kills your going to be bleeding or cs lost from you backing...

It's not going to be a new meta the small long term gain is not worth the massive handicap early game.

relic shield is pretty good when duo laning

Anyone else sell the shield when laning phase is over? I like it on tanky champs as leona and taric, but when the laning phase I just think its worthless. It dosnt generate gold while I roam, because my team oneshots waves, and I dont realy like the on use on it.
    So I just sell it and buy my self a coin to get that awesome speed boost, so great for engage/disengage.

Having it on my adc though, dont think I would. The adc will lose out on the AD and some healt, but will be able to buy some more pots. In the end a doran's blade will out sustain you and you have to back before him. With a heal support, it could go. As he could just spam heals on you to keep you in lane.
    I did however do it when One for All was up, duo laning with two shields was awesome in that game mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore