Thread: Zangarmarsh?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Zangarmarsh?

From the new interview posted on the front page:

"Early versions of old Draenor weren't going to use what is now Zangarmarsh for anything, but someone made a concept art of the giant mushrooms underwater that made the team decide to use it after all."

What does this mean? I thought Zangarmarsh was part of the ocean, at least according to the map. Are they making it an underwater zone?

I hope not. I hate underwater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marksman12 View Post
    From the new interview posted on the front page:

"Early versions of old Draenor weren't going to use what is now Zangarmarsh for anything, but someone made a concept art of the giant mushrooms underwater that made the team decide to use it after all."

What does this mean? I thought Zangarmarsh was part of the ocean, at least according to the map. Are they making it an underwater zone?
    i think its more a choice of they wanted no underwater ocean at all. They just wanted a straight fatigue around Draenor.

No Tusk Club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its the Zangar Sea. I dont think it will actually be a big questing zone just there to add flavor

Deleted
    Why do people care if it's an underwater zone? The more the merrier... Some people like it - if not, don't do it... I for one loved Vashj'ir and I was pretty pissed off when they scapped the raid around it (coming from a PvPer too)

10+ Year Old Account
    why would mushrooms be shaped like mushrooms underwater?

mushrooms have caps because their spore dropping efficiency is determined by the viscitudes of gravity, which is a non-issue underwater

underwater a fungal fruiting body would be shaped like a coral or a sea squirts or sedentary marine organisms....

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    why would mushrooms be shaped like mushrooms underwater?

mushrooms have caps because their spore dropping efficiency is determined by the viscitudes of gravity, which is a non-issue underwater

underwater a fungal fruiting body would be shaped like a coral or a sea squirts or sedentary marine organisms....
    A quick google search found me 3 species of mushrooms that grow underwater. Also why are there dragons in WoW there are no dragons in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything linking draenor to outland is welcome in my eyes.. I want to go to draenor and be like "oh yes i can imagine that outland once did look like this" not Draenor being nothing like outland and outland having more in common with pandaria than draenor >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    A quick google search found me 3 species of mushrooms that grow underwater. Also why are there dragons in WoW there are no dragons in real life.
    those are mushrooms that evolved typical caps on land, and later and more recently evolved to fruit underwater, and haven't optimized for aquatic life yet, like sea lions which still have external ears...

but fine, you win... this round.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought Zangermarsh did not exist on Draenor. It only came into being when Draenor was pulled apart and Zanger Sea flowed in and created the marshes.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooney View Post
    Thought Zangermarsh did not exist on Draenor. It only came into being when Draenor was pulled apart and Zanger Sea flowed in and created the marshes.
    It's more like the sea flowed out and the water that was trapped formed the marsh.

Deleted
    Zangarmarsh was my favourite Zone and I think it will be even more awesome underwater. Why do you even care? Since it was not talked about very much, it will not be an obligatory questing zone. They will rather add rare things and such into that zone and I really like that idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    "What is now Zangarmarsh."

They weren't planning to use the Sea of Zangar, now they are.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    "What is now Zangarmarsh."

They weren't planning to use the Sea of Zangar, now they are.
    And I am super happy about this fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    those are mushrooms that evolved typical caps on land, and later and more recently evolved to fruit underwater, and haven't optimized for aquatic life yet, like sea lions which still have external ears...

but fine, you win... this round.
    They have a marine biologist on their staff I think they would know if mushrooms grow under water or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was some part of it that existed as a marsh prior to Draenor kerploding.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So 8 zones now instead of 7.

My guess as to how leveling ranges will go.

90-92 - Shadowmoon and Frostfire

92-95 - Gorgrond and Talador

95-97 - Nagrand and Sea of Zangar

97-100 - Tanaan and Arak
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai182 View Post
    Why do people care if it's an underwater zone? The more the merrier... Some people like it - if not, don't do it... I for one loved Vashj'ir and I was pretty pissed off when they scapped the raid around it (coming from a PvPer too)
    underwater combat, questing, and just plain movement is horrid in WoW interface. even the little bit we have to suffer in other zones is too much.

i for one could care less if every bit of water in azeroth and draenor evaporated and was never seen again.

I quite loved Zangarmarsh in Outland. I hope it's similar.
    Hi! I play a hunter. .

Zangarmash was located between Frostfire and Nagrand where water is

BUT Pandaria's map changed between the announcement and release