Thread: world first 100

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

world first 100

Any bets on who?

Is high level mob tagging the way to go now? wouldn't the guy that raids by himself have the upper hand then?

I think Blizz said they took away the world first achievements for next xpac

not for achieve purposes.

takes me back to cata when I had the perfect plan for server first 85. The vikings dueling each other in NW Icecrown gave full exp, were all clumped together, and respawned super fast. Only problem was not 2 days before release blizz reduced former content exp on mobs to 10%. I was so pissed, I planned and planned and planned and invested in pots and flasks and anything else I woulld need to continuously fight for the time i needed to. People on forums running mouth about running old dungeons to level up, go figure.

Whoever happens to have the boa from garrosh

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how we'd even know. There are millions of players, and out of that, thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, that try to go for "realm-first" and "world-first" leveling stuff.

Fs will do it again, and get unbanned half year later!

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy029 View Post
    Any bets on who?

Is high level mob tagging the way to go now? wouldn't the guy that raids by himself have the upper hand then?
    Most likely it will be some guy with some master plan who we've never heard of, just like the new guy in MoP. He was able to do that because he spent time on the PTR really searching for something like that forscience did in cataclysm with mob tagging.

And yes, mob tagging will most likely be the way to go. Someone will figure out a spot where high level mobs spawn quickly and are easy to kill or give some sort of buff, and a couple of beta-type personalities will mindlessly kill mobs for one person who tags them, just like in cata and MoP. This won't likely be talked about at all, because the people that go for this kind of thing keep it under wraps and keep their mouths shut about it. Regarding raids, I don't know if solo raids give XP, but you can only do one raid a week, so that wouldn't even get you close to 100 even if you did every single MoP raid solo.

The way blizzard can make sure that tagging isn't the way to go, is to make it so that mob xp is shared by anyone who was in combat with the mob, regardless of party status. They do this with many elite mobs now, so it's possible they could do that with all mobs in WoD.

But still, most likely it will be like some random Russian guy or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    Most likely it will be some guy with some master plan who we've never heard of, just like the new guy in MoP. He was able to do that because he spent time on the PTR really searching for something like that forscience did in cataclysm with mob tagging.

And yes, mob tagging will most likely be the way to go. Someone will figure out a spot where high level mobs spawn quickly and are easy to kill or give some sort of buff, and a couple of beta-type personalities will mindlessly kill mobs for one person who tags them, just like in cata and MoP. This won't likely be talked about at all, because the people that go for this kind of thing keep it under wraps and keep their mouths shut about it. Regarding raids, I don't know if solo raids give XP, but you can only do one raid a week, so that wouldn't even get you close to 100 even if you did every single MoP raid solo.

The way blizzard can make sure that tagging isn't the way to go, is to make it so that mob xp is shared by anyone who was in combat with the mob, regardless of party status. They do this with many elite mobs now, so it's possible they could do that with all mobs in WoD.

But still, most likely it will be like some random Russian guy or something.
    All perfect reasons for making the whole world/server first thing irrelevant and removing the achievements entirely. Putting together a team to get a personal e-peen achievement is a waste of time.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Fs or Athene
    Taking bets on who will find the biggest exploit during beta is better contest tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was fortunate anough to get a Realm First 70 achievement on my Shaman, back in the day.

every since than getting it is not worth it as missed out on alot of things, Like for MoP was the 3rd Druid on my realm to reach 90. I missed alot of things until I did everything the 2nd time & for Warlords I'm actually take it slow the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    That one guy from that one server, you know who...

Look at all the jelly in this thread.

Someone has to be first since the dawn of the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    I was fortunate anough to get a Realm First 70 achievement on my Shaman, back in the day.
    Surely you mean Realm First 80. TBC didn't have achievements.

i'm probably gonna get the world first 100, i just know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can you all, it won't be me!! haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't see how we'd even know. There are millions of players, and out of that, thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, that try to go for "realm-first" and "world-first" leveling stuff.
    Agreed.

I expect these forums, and the official forums for that matter, to be filled with "I got realm first 100" threads and threads similar to it. People are probably already working on their photoshopped photos to go with it.

On topic: Watch Athene get close only to be banned for exploiting the game again.

Hate to burst your bubble but there gone. It was stated at blizzcon.

Kinda glad they took the "First's" out. Got the best of me during Cata, was so pissed. LOL. But I did get Herb and Scribe server first on my realm this Pandaria. And I was literally 2 minutes short of getting Alchemy. So now I can start and actually enjoy the first hour of the release, ha ha ha!

10+ Year Old Account
    does this include athene cheesing this?