Poll: Legendaries: Transmoggable?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Don't know maybe as a major goldsink and only on specific items so you can't just throw it on your shitty green crap.

Ofc they should. Some worked for months to get them.....

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    No. Want to know why? Because just about EVERYONE will be running around with the same look.
    like they are now?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why not. I would LOVE to get Thunderfury on my Mage and transmog to it. One of a few 1-handed swords that sheathe on your back and it looks FUCKING AWESOME after all these years.

I doubt everyone would wear legendaries if they were allowed. Sure, thunderfury looks awesome, but people don't always want to go for the extravagant. A lot of the times a subtle and simple transmog looks the best.

That said, they would still be pretty common in the current situation. I would like to old world legendaries rewarded with long, epic quest chains with scaled solo encounters, with the reward being a transmoggable "cosmetic" version of the legendary. You could still get and keep the original, random drop legendaries, but you'd never be able to mog it. Everyone would have to do the quest chains to get a moggable version.

If you want to get all lore crazy on it, you could make the quest chains related to time travel, where the hero is sent out to retrieve copies of the ancient weapons, which would for some reason lose their potency during retrieval, leaving you with a powerless, but moggable, copy.

Deleted
    A thousand times yes. It'll give me new incentive to farm that ridiculously-low-dropping offhand warglaive I've been putting off when I've had the main-hander for a very long time.

Imagine entering a raid where EVERYONE is carrying legendary weapons - you can't see any other type of transmog, just because legendary is (supposedly) "legendary"...

You can not see current raid weapon loot on any character, you can't see any of the old expansion weapons - just legendary, legendary, legendary, legendary...

Worst thing ever.

Deleted
    Will be very Tiresome seeing all those glaives.

It is nice for RP, making a kill picture when you down a new boss or when you obtain a certain Arena rating with a group of friends and make a Screenshot to remember the occasion.

Legendaries are like a fancy suit. You don't wear a fancy suit when doing the groceries, you shouldn't wear legendaries when doing a HC Dungeon or Random BG. Or that fancy item will just loose it's value so quickly, save it for special moments!
    Last edited by mmoc0d8208a29e; 2013-11-23 at 10:13 AM.

Transmog away from legendaries, yes. But to them, no

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Imagine entering a raid where EVERYONE is carrying legendary weapons - you can't see any other type of transmog, just because legendary is (supposedly) "legendary"...

You can not see current raid weapon loot on any character, you can't see any of the old expansion weapons - just legendary, legendary, legendary, legendary...

Worst thing ever.
    I never see current things anyway. Straight up. See a lot of BC lightsabers, see a lot of the druidy staff from wrath, see a lot of lamp-posts, see a lot of the ony dagger.

Honestly, this "NO EVERYONE WILL LEGEMENDARY" is silly. So what? There's only one legendary right now that is actually "legendary", all the rest are garbage in EVERY WAY and have been for years now, except the look. How about this? The look isn't the power. The look isn't the achievement. It's just that some of the legendaries are the only things you can get with certain aesthetics and colors.

I know for a statistical fact that not everyone complaining about "mogging legendaries ruins the legendariness" has them. My guess is that most of the people making that complaint either don't have legendaries to mog or only have legendaries that they got late to the game.

I want to mog my Shadowmourne that I worked for in Wrath. Took a long time to get all the mats. I want to mog it, not to let it sit in my bank. I want to mog my Val'anyr. I want my buddy to be able to mog his Tarecgosa.

Take the bow, for example. I remember it being a big deal not because everyone thought it was awesome, but because something like only 2 people had it drop before wrath. Statistical likelihood is that those people don't even play anymore. Just open the mogs.

While we're at it, let me mog non-stats clothing. I want to wear my easter outfit. I want my bank-alt to be in his tuxedo while actually having some gear on.

More mogs means less repetition. Bring it on, peeps.

Yes, BUT it should cost a lot of gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JLarks View Post
    People say no to try and keep the item prestigious, however this is wrong imo for 2 reasons

1) The majority of legendaries are very easy to obtain, with the 'hardest' aspect being RNG
    2) If someone has obtained it after however many long weeks/months, surely they should be allowed to view and enjoy their reward without having to be severely gimped/when out of combat
    The answer to the OP's question is an obvious no, because they're far too easy and fast to obtain compared to how iconic they are. EVERYONE would be using them, they would lose ALL of their prestige in a matter of days.

I hope Blizzard sticks to their guns and never allows Legendaries to be transmogged.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    The answer to the OP's question is an obvious no, because they're far too easy and fast to obtain compared to how iconic they are. EVERYONE would be using them, they would lose ALL of their prestige in a matter of days.

I hope Blizzard sticks to their guns and never allows Legendaries to be transmogged.
    They lost all of their prestige in your first sentence.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    No. Want to know why? Because just about EVERYONE will be running around with the same look.
    Absolutely. A legendary item is considered the most powerful item in the game (at least at the time it was implemented). It would lose some of its unique-ness (?) if everyone was running around wielding their favourite legendary weapon. When you see someone holding whatever it is, you should know it's the real deal, and not, say, Xal'atoh but looking suspiciously like Sulfuras.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    They lost all of their prestige in your first sentence.
    They maintain their prestige via being unusable efficiently at max level. If they become useful, that will be gone as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I just want to be able to transmog the cloak because it's goddamn ugly. There's nothing special about it.
    idd
    blizzard makes allways ugly looking items and now that you cant trasmog it to look better it just sucks to thanks blizzard again

Ofcourse they should be transmogable. Why else would you put in the effort of obtaining one from old content ?! Just to have it in the bank ?!

Deleted
    So... you want transmog the legendaries because you don't like their model... but also you don't want anyone to use it's looks in their set if they get one of the legendaries....

ok.... I don't see any logic here after that

I would honestly die a bit inside if i see (for example) the twin blades of azzinoth being wielded by a rogue who stacks intellect and strength...

Perhaps legendary items should be transmog by people who have slain those bosses during their respective expansions - so that raiders of the Black Temple in TBC can transmog the glaives since they actually did defeat illidan when he was the big boss.

But allow everyone to transmog into any legendary, even at low levels?
    Seeing level 20 warriors using sulfuras in deadmines?
    Please no...

10+ Year Old Account
    I say yes and i know everyone who has them will trans mog it but you cares? its not like it will ruin the game its all cosmetic.