Poll: Legendaries: Transmoggable?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean0925 View Post
    While it may possibly have been a fair compromise at the time it just isn't possible to do now as legendaries that would have been obtained before Wrath weren't tracked as achievements (unless Blizzard can somehow track when you got the weapon before then but I wouldn't have thought so).

I think going forward it might be a good idea. It lets people know that they need to try and get it now if they want to be able to use it.
    I agree that tracking legendaries from Vanilla are nigh impossible. The oldest possible date someone can have on US realms is 10/14/08. But even with that in mind, the population of players with an achievement date of ~10/14/08 is probably very small & it probably wouldn't hurt to bump the requirement date on Atiesh, Sulfuras, & Thunderfury to the end of BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    They maintain their prestige via being unusable efficiently at max level. If they become useful, that will be gone as well.
    That's not prestige. That's only being able to equip it when standing in town. There's no point to that.

Cloaks yes, wapons no.

Quote Originally Posted by Heywoods View Post
    I think there is a middle ground that can be met with legendaries that can still leave them feeling "legendary." A loose requirement that you have to have earned the legendary within the expansion it was introduced I think is a fair compromise that prevents a million warglaives running around & provides a little prestige & incentive for players who worked hard to earn their legendary when the content was current.
    That's a bad compromise. If that were the case, the items should be taken out of the game. I don't transmog because I want to look unique. I transmog because I want my character to look good to me. I don't care if there are 12 people in my raid that look exactly the same. I want to look cool when I look at my character. Just because there could be a million warglaives around doesn't mean there necessarily would be. Maybe some people would want to be unique. Maybe some people would prefer something else because it matches their armor. There's no point in not giving some kind of value to old legendaries through transmog.

It comes down to this, even if people earned them after the content was current they can still be earned, they dont start dropping like hot cakes after the next tier or expac comes out, imo if people take the time to get it in its current tier or after they should be able to mog it, because they took the time to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heywoods View Post
    I think there is a middle ground that can be met with legendaries that can still leave them feeling "legendary." A loose requirement that you have to have earned the legendary within the expansion it was introduced I think is a fair compromise that prevents a million warglaives running around & provides a little prestige & incentive for players who worked hard to earn their legendary when the content was current.
    Except there isn't a way to track when people got the early Legendaries. There's a feat of strength for some of the early ones, but that would only go back to Wrath launch when Achievements were introduced. Thus, the earliest people could have a Sulfuras tracked is two expansions later.

I also don't get the "If a lot of people have them, they're not as legendary anymore!" argument. Legendaries are obtained one of two ways, either they're extremely rare drops (like the Warglaives or the Sunwell bow); or they're part of a lengthy quest chain usually involving defeating certain bosses certain ways, crafting components, and for the class-specific ones (like the Rogue daggers) involving being able to exploit the abilities of your class to a certain standard.

Yes, two or three expansions later and most classes can solo the raids, but, you pretty much need to be able to solo them because so few people are willing to do them. Yes, some things will be easier after a couple expansions, but a lot of the difficulty/rarity has nothing to do with your level. Being a level 90 isn't going to make the Glaives, the Bow or any of the crafting mats drop any faster than they did at level, right? All it means is you don't have to find a group to do the raid (or only have to get one or two friends to go with you), and is that any different than when those raids were current content?

I worked my butt off to get the daggers during Dragon Soul, but I couldn't give two shits if I go to Orgrimmar and see 3 dozen rogues with them equipped. It takes away nothing from what I've done or the value I attribute to those daggers. It's like the military saying "This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine." They're MY daggers, it's MY Sulfuras, it's MY Shadowmourne, and it doesn't matter if everyone else in the game has 'em as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    Cloaks yes, wapons no.
    i would agree with this

Honestly don't really mind either way, can see both sides of the debate.

I promise you though that the minute they allow legendary mogs there will be angry threads all over the forums about Blizzard taking the feeling of accomplishment out of the game and those SUPER KEWL legendaries being on every tom dick and harry.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Art is subjective. Thunderfury is one of my favorite sword models in the game.
    I like my Thunderfury, but I'll be honest it's mostly because that thing is absurdly huge.

You know one of my favourite swords in the game is an otherwise unremarkable sword that drops off trash in DS:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=78878/

Looks cooler than most legendaries. Way cooler than my legendary daggers!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    Cloaks yes, wapons no.
    Okay I vote "mog legendary cloaks to something else" - yes.

Mog other cloaks to legendary - don't care.
    Mog legendary weapons either to or from - don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Yes, I believe you should.

Though I will also add I think the looks of legendaries should be available to be transmogged onto other weapons/cloaks but not the other way around. My reason for this is think of e.g. someone transmogged a current legendary into that of a rubbish looking green weapon. How are you meant to know what weapon they have unless it procs a specific visible effect to show it.

Taking the Warglaives as an example, there is nothing to be able to tell you that a lv70 Twink Rogue will be using them (except for a buff). Whereas, copying the appearance of a legendary to a normal item is fine because, if it is of current content and they are of matching spec, chances are it will be used instead of said other epic (and below) weapon. Legendaries are significantly powerful for their content and if they are used in a PvP situation it is extremely useful to know if the person is carrying one such as the Warglaives so you know exactly what you're up against.

I say yes, even some are just RNG it usually takes weeks and weeks of farming to get them.
    Stupid thing is, when you discuss this, people always like to tell you they got both glaives in 2 runs.

I can personally say most of my legendaries took a lot of effort to obtain, even when I outgeared stuff.
    Thunderfury took me almost 2 years to get both drops, and then the crystal grind was still frikkin horrible.
    Sunwell Bow has just recently dropped for me, after god knows how many runs.
    Currently trying to get shadowmourne done, icc25man hc only has a 51-100% dropchance and some bosses are still no pushover to solo. This will also take me weeks to complete, including all the RNG that comes with farming shards.
    Farming the mats for Sulfaras was also a good amount of work,..although running MC for almost 2 years Made me stock up
    And I have yet to see a warglaive drop on my DK ( only once when I was on my lock ofcourse...*figures* )

I've had Tier 1/2/4/5/6 etc. sets completed in 2 raids. Less then 2 hours of work for a full set.
    RNG yes, but most of my sets certainly did not take longer then 3-4 weeks of farming.
    Why should these be transmoggable to be shown off and legendaries not is beyond me.

All that work, so I can stand around in an almost empty capital on my realm and enjoy the look of my hard earned LEGENDARY.
    All it does now is take up bankspace....

* little edit* It would also be fun to see who on your realm went through the same stuff you did to obtain his legendary.
    I would love to see more people who put that kind of effort in the game.
    Now, you hardly ever see someone with a legendary equipped , besides the usual afk'er at the ah mailbox.
    Last edited by Vindicatu; 2013-12-19 at 02:07 PM.

.worldofwargraphs.com/de/statsglobal-achievements-81-0.html

I think, not everybody will run around with legendarys! You have to scroll down to 6% and lower

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    No thanks, warglaives everywhere.
    tbh i dont think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno.

I definitely think you should be able to transmog legendaries to other things. I'm not sure if that restriction is only in place because they can only block something entirely and not one way, or what.

I'm torn on transmogging non-legendaries to legendary designs. Because they've historically been fairly rare, it has given the art designers a lot of freedom to make the weapons look very over-the-top. I think it would look silly if a good portion of the population was running around with Thunderfury. I also wonder if that might make the art department "tone down" future legendaries to avoid half the population running around with some obnoxious oversized weapon that they really only intended to be an attention-getter for its own tier.

I don't have real strong opinions either way, though.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    No. Want to know why? Because just about EVERYONE will be running around with the same look.

OMG why the hell do you even cares about the look? Does it affect ur gameplay? Does it affect ur raiding skills? Does it affect ur pvp skills? Does it affect ur afking skill? No? STFU man

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They don't want everyone running around with legendaries. But they gave us all legendaries this expansion? I'm confused. I don't really care if they let me use my legendary staff for xmog or not, I'd just like to be able to make my cloak match my xmog set so I don't have to have it disabled.
    We pay 14.99 to restriction our tmog looks? That has to be the most retarded thing i ever read. This game isn't going to last forever. Just give us whatever and who fucking cares what other ppl think.

Sure, why not? People look ridiculous anyway when half of them are running around in bikini armor, might as well let them have glaives too.

The argument that if they allow the transmog, then everyone will run around with legendaries is pretty weak. If they obtained them why shouldn't they be allowed to use them. It's like thinking that your trophy is so great and rare, only because most other people keep their trophy in the closet and don't flaunt it. The people that just want to show off will get bored easily enough, as plenty of people will be using them. Just make it so legendaries can only be transmogged on items of the exact same type (sword to sword) to limit it a bit.

I'd love it, Mainly if we could transmog away from the legendary look too.
    I never liked my rogues daggers since there wasn't a set I could find that looked good.

However, My Paladin would love to mog into some legendary gear.

Everything should be moggable, from vendor trash to legendary. Like a look? Have it. The point of cosmetic options like transmog is that it shouldn't matter how valuable an item is/was - you're choosing your look, as you want it. The marriage between stats and gear-look has ended.

Deleted
    When this was brought up during cata, I didn't want them to, but now I don't really care.

I'm a completionist and have absolutely no desire to feel like a special snowflake, I actually dislike those who argue "I got it when it was hard and it should remain rare, cuz otherwise my friends won't think I'm coooool." (saying that with the voice of Eric Cartman).

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW needs another gold sink imo... I think Transmog would be a good route for it, with the option to transmog to a legendary weapon model including any visual effects it may have for a very high fee. 20k a go would be a fair price and placate the people worrying about "warglaives everywhere"

I'd pay to transmog a BiS wep into Sulfuras... hell, I'd probably go back and keep grinding MC for it
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!