Thread: 4set

Deleted

4set

i got no clue how others get away a choas bolt on 4set as destruction. i mostly use it for immo. feels wasted tho. with hero and stuff i make it happens at times.

armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Aqira/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    5 second buff with a 3 second base cast gives you at least 2 seconds of error time. Use WA to track you embers and the buff and you can get your immolate and chaosbolt off.

Looking at your haste with the 5% haste in raid your chaosbolt is about 2.19 seconds which gives you about 3 seconds of error time you could get 2 off and close to an immolate Immolate.
    Last edited by dawawe; 2013-11-22 at 10:38 PM.

Most of the time, if you try and min max around it, you will start losing dps cause you are missing other things. I wouldn't worry about it too much, and just enjoy the free buff you get out of it. Just track it with tellmewhen (or whatever addon you may or may not use), and have it in the corner of your eye.

Deleted
    generally speaking, you're not really supposed to use that buff on chaos bolt, its mainly supposed to be an ember generation buff(in addition to the dmg buff ofc) the only point when you should use it on CB is when you're close to ember cap, basically, continue your "normal" rotation.

I just use a weak aura and I keep track of where my embers are at. If I know that my next cast could fill an ember (thus triggering the buff) I just mentally prepare for it.

Deleted
    btw have i missunersttod how spells with proccs? ofc getting a 3 cast on a 5 sec aint to hard. but thought if it ended while traveling it got wasted?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    btw have i missunersttod how spells with proccs? ofc getting a 3 cast on a 5 sec aint to hard. but thought if it ended while traveling it got wasted?
    I'm fairly sure it calculates based on when the spell leaves your character, not on arrival to target

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcherry View Post
    I'm fairly sure it calculates based on when the spell leaves your character, not on arrival to target
    Correct, this can be easily seen with most of the high end int proc trinkets; cast at a dummy for awhile and notice that a CB cast when KTT/BBoY/PBoI procs are active with 5+ seconds remaining is about the same or slightly lower (ramp up trinkets) than if the cast finishes with .5 seconds remaining on the buffs.

Would also be pretty crappy design if a cast that has already left the character could get stronger/weaker based on procs applying/falling off.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Track the ICD of it, track how much embers you have. If you cast an incinerate and you know this incinerate, upon hit, is going to give you an ember, and the ICD of the 4-set is over, start channeling a chaos bolt before you even get the buff and you'll be able to squeeze even two in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    Skull Banner is the only thing that you still have to have the buff when a spell lands. All others snapshot when cast bar finishes.

I usually wait until I'm at .9 of an extra ember and then start queing a chaosbolt since it usually procs every other ember for me. So say I'm at 29 ember bits, I'll que a chaosbolt and *usually* an immolate tick will push it over to 30 ember bits and the 4p will proc, at which point I finish the cast and immediately que up a second chaosbolt and usually an immolate following that.

Otherwise I usually worry more about trying to get an immolate off during it than trying to make sure I get off a chaosbolt on every.single.one.

Skull Banner is the only thing that you still have to have the buff when a spell lands. All others snapshot when cast bar finishes.
    A good rule of thumb is player buffs/debuffs are checked when the spell cast is finished and target buffs/debuffs are checked when the spell actually hits the target.