Just came back...

And I must say that the game feels a lot better now then at launch. When the game first came out I enjoyed it quit a bit but something just felt off about it. Coming back in now about 9 months after the last time I played it feels a lot smoother and the classes I have played so far since coming back feel a lot more enjoyable (I did not find engineers enjoyable at all at launch but find them pretty fun now, as for my Ranger it felt fun before but feels even better now).

I don't know, maybe I was just burnt out on MMOs in general and it just feels better now that I have not played WoW in 3 years (or was it a 2 year break, either way well over 18 months in either case) (which I also am playing a bit again now just to see the newest expansions content), have not played GW2 since about early February, and have not played TSW since about June, not to mention all the other MMOs I tried like ToR, Rift, Tera, Raiderz, and some others I can not remember the names of... So maybe that's why I am enjoying it more now then last time I played. But assuming that is not the reason why I do find the game more enjoyable now.

Have people who have been playing GW2 more frequently then I found the game to be actually improving, or was it just burnout that prevented me from enjoying it when it came out? Would be interested how other peoples options of the game have changed over time wither for the better or worse, I would like to know what type of changes have been made (other then the temporary content since though while I personally like the idea of content being temporary so that each time you come back to the game you have something different to do then the last time as a pose to expansion content where you may get more content at once but you have the same content for years before seeing anything new). I would like to know how people think the game has improved and how it has dis-improved or taken steeps backwards, I know good and bad things in games are subjective so things you may find bad I may find good and vis versa.
    Last edited by Hockeyhacker; 2013-11-22 at 11:06 PM.

I play GW2 casually- 3-4 times a week for an hour or so. I haven't noticed too many differences since launch. Though all MMOs in active live development experience incremental QoL improvements.

I usually don't notice much difference among MMOs. And I play a ton of them, constantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've made a massive amount of changes since the game launched. Here’s a great video that shows what changes you’ll see right away (applies to everyone)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce_dvXJercI

And another video that highlights changes to WvW
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUfV3OBLyc8

You can see the release splash pages here:
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/

And here is a searchable patch notes:
    http://gw2patchnotesearch.david-reess.de/
    Valar morghulis

Did they ever get a real group finder?

what's a "real" group finder?

One that does all the work for you so you can continue doing your thing while it assembles the group.

There is a LFG tool that can assemble a group for you, it's not going t automate everything like teleport you to the dungeon though

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    Did they ever get a real group finder?
    Yes. There is a group finder in the game.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lfg

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's pretty slick too. You can use it for Dungeons, Fractals, Open world events, Story Missions and PvP arena or custom arenas also.

Takes only a minute or two to form a group.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Yes, it's pretty slick too. You can use it for Dungeons, Fractals, Open world events, Story Missions and PvP arena or custom arenas also.

Takes only a minute or two to form a group.
    Always wanted to try out dungeons - never tried them before. I'm afraid I'd run into WoW LFG-type players though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Always wanted to try out dungeons - never tried them before. I'm afraid I'd run into WoW LFG-type players though.
    unavoidable in some cases but you have the ability to write comments in your LFG message so that you can get like minded players

The changes to currencies a'la the account wallet and to the Magic Find system might be improvements you'll like as well.