Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Question What do you wish they'd do with the new models that you know they won't?

As much as I've tried to be realistic about what they'll do with the new models, at least some of me is hopeful enough to come up with some ridiculous fantasies about what they could do but obviously won't. My top three are:

1) Different casting animations that interact with weapons. I'd love to channel a spell through my staff or direct spells with my dagger if I had it equipped. As it is your weapon is practically invisible as a caster, and it sucks. Maybe even class-specific, like warlocks could use daggers to cut open to the nether and that's where your fire comes from or something.

2) Enough creative license to give a lot more character for racial animations. There's a good amount of character and flavour for a lot of the races, but some have so much unused potential. Humans are so boring, but I don't know what could be done about that. Dwarves could use a lot more weight behind their strikes, full-body movements but less actual jumping. Gnomes and Goblins could obviously make do with more jumping. Make Draenei vindicators use heavy overhead smashes as if they are smiting someone. Make Blood Elves haughty and arrogant and graceful, spells blossoming from dismissive gestures. Orcs that are savage and uncontrolled, like the Orc in the original cinematic. Make them savage even when casting, more arm movement and gathering of power to unleash it. Night Elves that are reckless and graceful at once.

3) Animate robes with their own set of bones too. I want flowing sleeves and swishing hems. I want pieces that ripple when I move or cast. Doesn't have to be realistic, just has to have something going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scrap them and spend their time on something worthwhile.

Deleted
    What I would love to see is a kind of Tattoo parlor which would offer lots of different designs for your characters body or arms or even face. The races with fur; Tauren, Worgen and Pandaren, could get Warpaint designs since you can't tattoo fur but would basically be the same thing.

Give me an upright standing Troll or a Blood Elf that doesn't lean over and make one shoulder look bigger than the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would looove to see a wider array of colors and options, sub races.

I would also love and hope that my character has legs under his robes, and maybe the bottom half of a robe vanishes on mounts instead of clipping
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Would love to see sub-races. Also add scars, tattoos and possibility to add thropies and such on the gear (like Warhammer Online could). Also would love different body types to choose between.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Different team working on models and rest of game. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Give me an upright standing Troll or a Blood Elf that doesn't lean over and make one shoulder look bigger than the other.
    This. And also make my Orc stand straight like he is meant to.

Subraces as an option would be amazing too. Like Forsaken elves that look like Sylvanas, or Mag'har Orcs.

Yes because just throwing away YEARS of work is worthwhile....did you even think before you typed that?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Yes because just throwing away YEARS of work is worthwhile....did you even think before you typed that?
    Years of work, on something we barely look at. My character looks just fine and I dont want a new mode. I did think before i typed. Did you? Character models are a waste of time.

Years of work, on something we barely look at. My character looks just fine and I dont want a new mode. I did think before i typed. Did you? Character models are a waste of time.

Do you play in 1st person? With other players turned off or something? I see player models ALL the time. Not to mention all the NPCs.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely new casting animations (Night Elf male is the worst in any game ever). No hunchback character models.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironjaws-Mike View Post
    Would love to see sub-races.
    Pretty much this.

the movement animations from assasins creed.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a bit of a arrogant way to show it. We NEEDED these player models. It isn't a waste of time. If the devs are doing it, it's considered worth it so...yeah.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    What would you rather the 3D character artists be working on, pray tell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Better customization. WoW has some of the worst character customization tools of any MMO out there right now. It is incredibly out dated and doesn't come close to some of the F2P models.

I would love to see either sub-races, or better control of features instead of just having a choice of 10 faces, or however many there are. Tattoo's and scars, jewelry, more hairstyles. Ability to customize hair color, eye color and skin color with a color wheel. Not just pick from a few choices. Stuff like that.

Better customization in general, specifically sub races. I would love the option to be a fel orc, or a dark ranger blood elf undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildhammer skins. :c
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

warpaint, tattoos, more horncolors/types, Update druid forms too (cats cant close their mouths and don't blink), scars

I think sub races would fit BUT it would have to fit in with the current Horde and alliance, ie Fel orcs are not part of the horde, Vyrkul are not part of the Alliance. Subraces need to actually link to the current factions. High elves are not part of the Horde so they cannot be a sub race for the Blood elves. Otherwise a lot of lore will have to be changed and broken to fit it in and possible some races might go without, ie gnomes( mechnomes are titan constructs and not aligned with the Alliance, leper gnomes are undead gnomes who fight against the alliance) blood elves( the wretched should no longer exist now that the sunwell is restored, darkfallen are undead SCOURGE aligned)

I like how blizz has added animations and such to armor pieces but would like to see this taken further. Cloaks that extend around the character, ie wouldn't you love to have a cloak like Keal'thas or Maive, but is animated so when you run its moves with you.

Extended customization. Give us a color wheel to choose hair, eye color with, scroll bars to decrease/increase body mass, or age of our character( by adding wrinkle lines, changing hair color to white, muscle mass)
    -Beards for all races( would love to see a blood elf with a beard)
    -Scars/tattoos( could work like the guild emblem interface)
    -Warpaint ( for races such as tauren, trolls, orcs, worgen, dwarfs and night elves)
    -Accessories( earrings, tribal features, hair pieces, make up)