Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

"TBC ruined game" quotes

I liked tbc, made more room for the casual players. Though blizzard took it too far with the stats on the Arena items, and the ease with which they were acquirable.
    TBC gotten worse, too easy now.
    I cant find people commiting to guilds anymore, they often jump ship once they get gear to go ahead to a guild that has 1 or two more bosses on farm.
    The 25 man raids has really gimped the progression you can get, if anything build more 10 mans, alot more, im talking like a dozen of them.
    Yes. It did ruin the game for me.

I miss raiding with 40people instead of 25.

More fun then 25.

After TBC came out, I found it boring and not fun.
    So you like making everything pathetically easy and love having 20,000 things to do that are still all exactly the same.
    You can deck yourself out in epics without any effort, compared with pre-TBC where you at least had to get into a raiding guild and spend some time building up DKP.
    I liked how pre bc having epics meant something, post bc not having epics means either you just turned 70 two days ago or you are mildly retarded.
    Take all the non raid gear and just change them to blue instead of purple keep all the stats exactly the same and watch as every nonraider complains they arnt super awesome anymore because they dont have the sweet purples.
    TBC made raiding boring, made pvp even more boring, made epix worthless and meaningless, getting t6 only means u raid hardcore and u cant even beat noobs that grind honor all day and get full s2 (soon every1 will be in full s2).

so end of story. TBC ruined every aspect of wow.... except the flying mounts...
    Another thing TBC loses is in dungeon design.
    But instances are more hallway-like than ever before for the most part.
    It's the same frickin' decor EVERYTIME you head into one of the winged instances.
    Many of them are explicitly linear hallways.
    Raiding isn't better than it's ever been.

Most fights are just copies of Naxx fights, we're killing major story characters in teams of 25, Guild #'s are down because PvP gear is easier to get and better, etc.
    Illidan is the most disappointing boss fight for such a huge character he is. You could fall asleep fighting him. Vashj and Kael were good fights, but the Hyjal Summit takes the cake for most hastily pushed out raid in WoW. Every single fight besides Archimonde is a boring tank & spank.
    I started playing this game 2-3 months ago. The week I hit 70, I did Kara runs and a few weeks later I'm decked out in mostly purples.

But it WOULD feel more fulfilled if I had actually put in crazy effort to get this gear. I read stories here about back when only a few people had epic mounts and a decked out guy in purples wasn't all too common. That sounds like something I would have liked since it makes your character more special and unique, rather than dime a dozen nowadays.

But the problem is, this new way appeals to the casuals and thus gets more players and more money for Blizzard. That's what matters in the end.
    BC made WoW so accessible that it took the MMO feel away to it and old school players don't like it because of that.
    You think 4 hours each raid night is a lot of time?

Listen here steakhead, back in my first ever raid guild (This was around November 2005), we raided and cleared MC in 6 hours (which was pretty good for guilds if you weren't in/finished BWL). After that, we did Razorgore and spent the next 14-20 hours wiping on Vael. This continued every week for about 3 months.

BC raiders have no idea how much effort went into gear back then. Squeezing every little bit of dps/healing/mitigation from your gear as possible, and all coming together at once.
    1. TBC killed the already suffering world PvP.
    2. TBC killed the already suffering lore. (lol @ Drenai, lol @ trying to balance the factions by giving paladins to Horde and Shaman to Alliance... stupid, stupid, stupid)
    3. It did not bring any new class.
    4. It brought 1-2 useful new skills to existing classes, and 1-2 new useless/crap skills (lol @ mage invisibility) in total.
    5. It brought 1 additional BG to 3 existing ones, no additional BG whatsoever after TBC.
    6. It brought Faction Grinding. Yay! The most idiotic implementation/clone (I bet some other crap MMOs went that approach) ever seen! This was the final nail in the coffin for me.
    7. Same type of quests, more instanced PvP, nothing new, breaking the "good" things about WoW.
    So yeah, TBC was a disaster. Literally everyone in my guild quit the game max 3 months after TBC. But the kids become young adults, they buy the most "popular" MMO when they become 15 years old, so that's how WoW got bigger and bigger.
    Just the whole aliens crashing in a space ship ruined it. Not to mention the nether dragons and the pet nether whelp look retarded (HURRRRR) compaired to their old world cousins. Also resilience made pvp last for ages.
    Enjoy reading.

Deleted
    What's your point?

And the point of this is?...

That people always complain about new expansions? Well, I think we already know it.

Though good read, I laughed when I read:
    Just the whole aliens crashing in a space ship ruined it. Not to mention the nether dragons and the pet nether whelp look retarded (HURRRRR) compaired to their old world cousins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanSon View Post
    What's your point?
    That change is scary I guess

Deleted
    But I thought TBC was the bestest and most perfecterest thing ever...

Also, inb4 "nah, tbc was fine but oh boy let me tell you about WotLK/Cata/MoP/witching clairvoyance into WoD!"

Deleted
    It all does sound awfully familiar

Granted if I cared about raiding so much I did a 14-20 hour session on Vael for weeks on end, I'd be quite upset if they made that more accessible too. Poor chaps.

"The point" is, people will always resent change, but will praise it when they have to suffer even greater change.

Burning Crusade, along with WOTLK are now considered the best expansions. It won't be long until someone starts praising Cata as well.

yes because we must believe that all these quotes are real and not of your mind..or probably they are real but they are all your old posts, so yeap, minority is minority
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    Enjoy reading.
    1) Quotes without reference to the original post are not really meaningful - who's to say you didn't just make all of that up?
    2) WoW subscriptions went up during TBC, not down as they have done pretty much ever since.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    yes because we must believe that all these quotes are real and not of your mind..or probably they are real but they are all your old posts, so yeap, minority is minority
    I played in TBC and remember most of the sentiments in the quotes being expressed in one way or another. They were also the minority, given how strong subscriber growth was in TBC.

Deleted
    lol, ok that is pretty funny

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    2) WoW subscriptions went up during TBC, not down as they have done pretty much ever since.
    Didn't Wrath have the highest Sub numbers?

It seems to me that the complaints about ease of content and gear attainment are echoed today by current players. What I draw from this is that the changes in each expansion have cumulatively created a different playing experience than was had in prior expansion sets. Whether that is good or bad is up to the individual players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synyzta View Post
    Didn't Wrath have the highest Sub numbers?
    Correct, and they began to fall a few months into Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    And the point of this is?...

That people always complain about new expansions? Well, I think we already know it.

Though good read, I laughed when I read:
    Some people complain about new xpacs... the complaints from the wrath and bc era were from the hardcore elitist types who wanted epics to be epic, and resented the so-called "welfare epics," even though it made more of the game more available to more people.

That has now reversed, and the casual-favored gameplay is being phased out in favor of the more hardcore elitist attitude, such that the people complaining in the OP are likely very happy to see things like flying being severely curtailed, and a set raid size for the top raid.

you didnt play during bc if you dont think these quotes are real, and even if these specific quotes arent real the same exact things were being said.

"bc is to casual"

"sci fi is ruining my fantasy"

"spacegoats and wind chimes are retarded"

"why are illidan and kael'thas bad guys"

"pvp gear is to easy to get"

"all the dungeons look the same"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Because comparing WoW (and potential market of new players) in 2006-2007 to 2013 is logical and fair.

But yup, BC had the same shitty forum mentality as it does now. Only difference is that now everyone feels like their individual opinion matters more because a game launched in 2004 can't sustain 8 digits of subscribers anymore.

oh, "BC welfare epics".. how many threads did you not inspire..
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    That has now reversed, and the casual-favored gameplay is being phased out in favor of the more hardcore elitist attitude, such that the people complaining in the OP are likely very happy to see things like flying being severely curtailed, and a set raid size for the top raid.
    not really, other than flying being stalled until 6.1 there arent really any "harcore" changes coming, there is still going to be a legendary obtainable through lfr over the course of the expansion, there is still going to be 10 man raiding just not in heroics which really nobody doing heroics were what you would consider casual (even though everything in wow has always been casual since release) all the other raid difficulties are now flex meaning you can have people drop in and out and not have to worry about a strict raiding team, theres still going to be world bosses people can zerg and get normal mode gear without ever even stepping into one and theres still gonna be valor gear and upgrades allowing people to get better gear alot easier.

- - - Updated - - -

subs went up, but they were nothing compared to how large of a growth wow had in vanilla. wows largest growth in subscribers was during vanilla. its highest amount of subs was in wrath and even then millions of people were quitting for these reasons among others. over 40 million people have quit wow during its lifetime, obviously those 40 million didnt all come from cata and mists of pandaria, not even half of that 40 million
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    tbc was so epic.

real adventures

The point is that 9 person out of 10 in this thread don't understand irony.

You obviously didn't play during BC then if you would even question for a second that these quotes weren't real.