10+ Year Old Account

Heroic Thok help 10man

Hi everyone, I would love some help on Heroic Thok! I know there is a big learning curve associated with the fight but it would be awesome if we could get any feedback.

We are trying out a few things including solo tank and 4 healers but I think the end comp we're going to go with is:

Tank: pally
    Heals: shammy, disc priest, resto druid, holy pally
    DPS: Boomkin, Hunter, Warrior, Frost DK, Warlock

We were struggling with people dying routinely around acceleration 8-11 but I think that was because the tank wasn't using his tank cloak --> 1 shot --> boss noms raid.

I'm not sure what else we can do. Our strat is to push to 25ish stacks in the first phase and then kite. If anyone could take a look and see if there are some major flaws then that would be much appreciated

Some of our logs here: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uroz3y9ylw9zikar/ + http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4sg7dt9wkoqfxh0r/ (not sure why for some reason they're showing up as normal)
    Skye <Entropy> | US - Frostmourne 8/13M HFC | Twitch | Armoury

Gorgeous signature by ELYPOP <3

We kept losing people as well on 10 man so we simply used the key immediately and used Pally/healer CDs to survive longer P1s. Best of luck!

nvm was wrong
    Last edited by Fluttershy; 2013-11-23 at 07:41 PM.

Deleted
    You're using 4 healers (which isn't needed at all), and still having people die at 11 stacks? How is that possible?

Anyway, their is no special trick that we can share with you to help survive, only that you need to sort out a CD rotation to keep the raid alive for as long as you want (in this case, to 25 stacks).

Deleted
    You have a nice amount of cooldowns there, make sure u use them properly, DA is very nice to chain together near the end for more consistent healing without worrying about interrupts, and dont forget to BoP the druid for tranq

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siorray View Post
    You're using 4 healers (which isn't needed at all), and still having people die at 11 stacks? How is that possible?

Anyway, their is no special trick that we can share with you to help survive, only that you need to sort out a CD rotation to keep the raid alive for as long as you want (in this case, to 25 stacks).
    Originally we were using 3 and having people die around those early stacks. I'm not sure what happened when they were using 4 as I subbed myself for it.
    Skye <Entropy> | US - Frostmourne 8/13M HFC | Twitch | Armoury

Gorgeous signature by ELYPOP <3

Deleted
    All I can suggest is to figure out a cooldown rotation. I can't remember mine off the top of my head, but it goes something like this.

We run with:

Resto druid
    Disc
    Resto shaman
    Boomkin
    Ele shaman
    Lock
    Hunter
    DPS Warrior
    Rogue
    Prot pala

7 stacks Ele shaman guidance
    9 Devotion Aura (prot pala)
    12 HoP + resto druid tranq
    16 banner + shout from warrior
    19 Light's Hammer (from the tank, very high healing due to vengeance)
    Around 22~ we stack under a Smokebomb
    25 we Barrier and push him around 27-29 stacks.

Second phase one we have our resto shaman cycle through his CDs and we get around 14 screeches from that alone, and the third phase 1 we use the original one & kill him.
    Last edited by mmoc31033b1d6b; 2013-11-24 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siorray View Post

4 heals is not needed if you have a shaman heal and a resto druid. Just to clear that since people seem not to realise how OP this comp is for this fight. In fact you can duo heal with shaman/resto druid thok heroic.

The guy is asking about acceleration which is phase 2, the kitting. In my experience it is easy to have people get eaten when the boss is at 8+ acceleration.

Deleted
    aslong as people "bait" him properly so that you dont get the same person 2x in a row getting to 12-14 stacks of acceleration isn't too difficult, past that you start relying on shadowmelds, vanishes, invis etc

Tell your tank to use the tank cloak if he's dying. Seriously.

At 3 stacks of Panic, use Holy Avenger or Avenging Wrath with Sanctified Wrath. At 4 stacks, start using 3 min cooldowns and ask for externals if needed. If you're pushing for 25 stacks on the boss, the tank will end up with 7 stacks of Panic. He needs to plan ahead. Shield of the Righteous should be up constantly from 3 stacks onward.

I glyphed Divine Protection because the nature/frost/fire breaths aren't scary at all and weren't even an issue, whereas the physical damage was. In phase 1, I pretty much just used Divine Protection on cooldown, but I have the normal CDR trinket and Unbreakable Spirit talented.

Deleted
    By far the most important part is setting up a CD rotation and tell your healers to really watch the accelerations and pop their CD's on the right time.
    To give an example, this is the rotation we use on the first P1 and -2 on timings on the second:

We run with 2 tanks, one of which a paladin, and 3 healers (Dru, Sha, Pala).

2) tank pala: Hammer
    5) dru+war: Tree of Life + Demo Banner
    7) priest+sham: VE + Ancestral Guidance
    8) ALL: Personals
    10) Pala+Dru: BoP Tranq
    13) tank pala: Devo Aura
    15) Pala+Sha: Light's Hammer + Spirit Link
    16) Pala: Devo Aura
    17) Sha: Healing tide
    18) Dru: Nature's Vigil
    20) Dru: Bloom
    21) Sha+tank pala: HoP + Ascendance
    26) tank pala: Light's Hammer

The Light's Hammer is just complementary with the Ascendance. We pile up at 29.

If you make your priest go shadow you'll have pretty much the same setup as my group. You can even toss in a BoP+Tranq on the boomkin if you're having trouble with some part. But as it stands, we had Spirit Link at 27 the first few times and that caused us to wipe at 31 stacks because nobody was bloodied when we piled up at 29/30.