Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does anyone remember Professor Putricide on Heroic?

It's very old now, so most won't, but for the time, this was considered one of the most unforgiving bosses in all of WoW on heroic.

Do you remember it, or have any memories, be it good or bad?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

I've always loved all of his lines ''Good news everyone!'', which is a parody of professor Fsrnsworth from Futurama. Would've been cool if they made bosses like him more often, I now want a Zoidberg boss

Really, I remember it more as "one of the only fights other than Lich King that isn't a complete joke" much like "Nothing in Firelands except Ragnaros is a challenge" Then there were the Sindragosa jokes.

It's hard to believe what one buff for 30% can do to make it obvious that accessibility is always greater than "quality." ICC actually wins some polls on greatest raid ever made, despite my memories of forums and such being much different
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

Yeah, Putricide reminded me of Professor Farnsworth a lot. He sounds like him too. Anyways, I really enjoyed the character. Blizzard should expand upon him.

As far as the fight, I remember when PuGs kept wiping on him all of the time. It was infamously difficult.

the nightmares.... so many nightmares on his progression ....

Good news everyone! The slime is flowing again!

wouldn't call it a nightmare, even p3 dps check wasn't as tight compared to following bosses in cata/mop.

If H LK was a 10 on a 1-10 scale in difficulty for the tier, PP was a 9. Then the next hardest was like a 6 or 7 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    It's very old now
    lol
    10char

I remember my 10 man (strict!) guild absolutely struggling for about 2+ weeks just on the normal mode version.

He was our 10 mans cockblock boss for the LONGEST time in ICC. Everyone was on farm. Except that guy. His attempts even when we beat him were hit or miss. You could always tell how excited everyone was when he got to him and all you heard in vent was *groan* from everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good neeewwwsss everyone

we need more bosses like this!

When was the last time we had a meme boss?

No one in cata except for beta theralion

He was a fairly balanced boss and wasn't bad when we got the melee out of the group, 3-shot him when we got melee out.

Deleted
    God.. 25 man hc + putricide.. that was a night mare, but i never forget how much i started to scream when we got it down

What I remember most was the super clever UI an addon enabled. It was so good that Blizzard broke it by disabling the APIs it used, which was a real pity because it was brilliant: It would put a circle around your feet so you could see what 5 yards (or whatever) looked like BUT AT THE SAME TIME it would cause a "radar style" sweep to occur around that circle, showing you the time remaining on it.

I didn't care so much about them nerfing it for the fight but for the love of God it was a GREAT UI choice and I really wish to this day that they'd have incorporated that in the game. Being able to watch your character without also needing to watch some arbitrary corner of your screen for buff/debuff icons and timers? Brilliant. Even if you use addons to put timers in the middle of your screen (which I do) having them around your character in 3D was about 100x more immersive and awesome.

this boss was sooo fun and unforgiving on 10man NORMAL

25man Heroic yea.... so much fun lol

at least his quotes kept the fight intersting
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

many wipes, many many wipes :'( but fun times probably one of the most enjoyable fights in the except for LK

I remember getting yelled at a lot. And I remember that final zerg following him around the room while trying to avoid green stuff.

good times...

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    What I remember most was the super clever UI an addon enabled. It was so good that Blizzard broke it by disabling the APIs it used, which was a real pity because it was brilliant: It would put a circle around your feet so you could see what 5 yards (or whatever) looked like BUT AT THE SAME TIME it would cause a "radar style" sweep to occur around that circle, showing you the time remaining on it.

I didn't care so much about them nerfing it for the fight but for the love of God it was a GREAT UI choice and I really wish to this day that they'd have incorporated that in the game. Being able to watch your character without also needing to watch some arbitrary corner of your screen for buff/debuff icons and timers? Brilliant. Even if you use addons to put timers in the middle of your screen (which I do) having them around your character in 3D was about 100x more immersive and awesome.
    I remember that, AVR I think? It was good on Sindragosa too. I think it wasn't well-known until later in progression so it mostly helped us save attempts for HLK, we had already killed Putricide a few times by then.

10+ Year Old Account

classic
    #boycottchina