Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turmoill View Post
    ACTUALLY, there were already 2 Naaru that arrived with the Draenei. You have to do the "legendary" Nagrand questline on Horde side (aka Thrall Come Home).
    Well yeah, but.. surely them missing a shard (which is really something like a Naaru limb or something?) would be noticed... Not really an overabundance of naaru floatin about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    So what if the Ashbringer only was the counter-part (pretty much) to Frostmourne and the Lich King, because the crystal came from Ner'zhul himself. Or yeah. From the "Ashpole". Dude. That would be awesome.
    Oh shit. This has potential. If the Ashbringer was a cleansed Naaru shard like has been heavily alluded to..
    .. and if Kil'jaeden was the one to originally craft Frostmourne... he would have access to that sort of stuff from earlier dealings with Ner'zhul...

Damn.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Well yeah, but.. surely them missing a shard (which is really something like a Naaru limb or something?) would be noticed... Not really an overabundance of naaru floatin about.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh shit. This has potential. If the Ashbringer was a cleansed Naaru shard like has been heavily alluded to..
    .. and if Kil'jaeden was the one to originally craft Frostmourne... he would have access to that sort of stuff from earlier dealings with Ner'zhul...

Damn.
    The shard is pretty small and Naaru are HUGE, I doubt they would be missing it, especially if a Naaru in near death condition, he becomes a creature of void (M'uru) and the only way to return it to original state, it must feed on either light or life. Both Ashbringer scene in Durnhold, as well as Auchidoun's Auchenai crypts with Nagrand chain is proof of that.
    And seeing Ner'zhul's background, his clan being associated with death-magic, he likely found one of the shards that was corrupted and dark, and after having it fed on life, it was restored.

And it was the Nathrezim that created Frostbourne, not Kil'jaeden, which is also the reason why Ashbringer so easily shattered Frostmourne. If Frostmourne was forged from a piece of Naaru, they would probably deflect each other... or destroy each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be neat if Ner'zhul has one of the Ata'mal Crystals and there's some story about or we at least see all 7 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    If the fragment was a small shard that cracked off D'ore when Oshu'gun crashed and left It "dead" for hundreds of years, then K'ure would probably be the only living being on Draenor who would be able to notice the missing fragment. Since D'ore was transported and buried in Auchindoun after crashing, it likely went unnoticed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    Now that you mention it it indeed looks like it.

The Ashpole?
    it leaves everything in ash... the ashpole

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder how things are gonna shake down for this Ner'zhul - how much he leans towards good or evil. Shades of the lich king, or a path of redemption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that.. or, you know.. the design team just do what they always do, they don't give it an explaination, only that 'its sooo cool to look at' while there tripping balls on tip-ex again.
    #boycottchina

I came here just to say:

The Ashpole.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The Ashpole is upon us!
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Yeah, that.. or, you know.. the design team just do what they always do, they don't give it an explaination, only that 'its sooo cool to look at' while there tripping balls on tip-ex again.
    Don't be an Ashpole Trassk.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ashpole..
    Click on me for my anime list!
    Quote Originally Posted by H.P. Lovecraft
    What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kozaky View Post
    Don't be an Ashpole Trassk.
    What this guy said.

What a fun guy.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Tirion decides to take a peak in there, he is gonna shit bricks when he sees the artifact that made his favorite wep..just floating there in a staff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another Legendary limited to certain classes? Not likely unless there will be more for the other classes.

I don't see them changing the "everyone gets a Legendary" mentality that they introduced with MoP.

But then again, maybe they can make the class of weapon it is dependent on class/spec although that would get pretty silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ashpole...

Or Shitbringer as the Dwarves will call it.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ashpole....

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what I was thinking. Probably just some nice coincidence.

If Blizzard thought up the whole "Ner'zhul/lich king/ashbringer/frostmourne" tie, I'll be incredibly surprised.

Also:

Hipster Sylvanas approves of the Ashpole.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the Ashpole? I honestly don't get it, can someone please explain?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Another Legendary limited to certain classes? Not likely unless there will be more for the other classes.

I don't see them changing the "everyone gets a Legendary" mentality that they introduced with MoP.

But then again, maybe they can make the class of weapon it is dependent on class/spec although that would get pretty silly.
    Except all of the shards of the Ata'mal crystal had differing effects. Some fitting of a warrior, rogue, casters, etc.