Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blandar View Post
    This, they sell you the mount for wow gold and then cancel the payment to blizzard which deletes the mount, they get to keep their real money and your wow gold
    If its a paid promotional mount then its definitely bought from either a stolen credit card or a soon to be canceled credit card and you will end up with nothing except a good telling off from a blizz GM about buying such items

Dont risk it trust me it aint worth it

Deleted
    I bought a bat mount for 15k had it for 2 days then it went missing. Wouldn't trust it if i were you.

a TCG mount won't be deleted by Blizzard, go ahead
    btw, what mount and what price?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I could've sworn I heard of people getting banned because of buying those and I'm pretty sure Blizzard said that as well.
    You will get banned if you buy a ton of stuff to sell yourself later.
    If you buy one mount via trade screen and then learn the mount, you won't be punished.
    Just DON'T BUY STUFF FROM BLIZZ STORE FOR GOLD.

There was a duper/hacker/whatever and I regret not buying some cheap mounts for myself
    40k for spectral tiger T.T
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    As long as they use the trade window there's no way they can scam you.
    Duped mounts get removed. The server raises a red flag when it detects duplicate items and a GM will check it out later.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nairobi13 View Post
    I bought a bat mount for 15k
    No, you didn't. You cannot buy a bat mount for gold because it is a BoP item.

What you bought was a code (an out of game item), and doing so is against the Terms of Use of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    God damnit WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL POSTING THIS.

They'll remove game time if you bought it with gold, same for expansions. BUT MOUNTS WON'T BE REMOVED.
    Lies. I bought a blizz shop mount for 10K gold, it got removed...

15+ Year Old Account
    Never buy mounts and the likes that's being sold ingame.

No exceptions.
    Statix will suffice.

Everything you do and say in wow is recorded

Remember that

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Lies. I bought a blizz shop mount for 10K gold, it got removed...
    Blizzard shop mounts cannot be bought for gold. They are all bound to the person redeeming the code. You paid money in return for being told a code, a code which, as it turns out, was bought with a stolen credit card.

Think of it this way: When you buy a Blizzard store item, they give you the item with the assumption that your credit card details are valid, but the proviso that they will take it away again if your credit card transaction fails.

A TCG mount is different. The code is never sold per se. A box of cards is sold, and the code is hidden in a random box. As long as the code is valid it will never be refuted.

I have purchased duped mounts before.

Blizz removed mounts and didnt refund gold. I pursued the matter via multiple tickets and was never given a gold refund.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snookits View Post
    Level 1 spams hes selling a mount, I ask price for shits n giggles since I was after that one. he links super good deal, I get intrigued, ask in guild " is it ok to buy mounts that are shown in trade chat from lvl 1's? guildie tells me yes. I fly over to selling, he asks to see money then replies, Ok I have to transfer mount over, be there in 30 mins.

now, my question is... does anyone know exactly whats going on here? why is he selling so cheap? why is he exfering mount. he promises no code but an actual mount posted in trade window. am I getting steal of a life time or is it a hoax to steal my cash?
    I bought my magic rooster mount like this for 400k gold back in cataclysm, it was a ''cheap'' deal. And the mount still hasnt been removed from my account even though the guy was a gold seller from china. He even admited that in whisper chat in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Takure View Post
    If he is trading an actual mount, in a trade window and you're paying with gold and not real money; it's not a scam. You're just getting a good deal.
    Yep, exactly.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Of-the-horde View Post
    I bought my magic rooster mount like this for 400k gold back in cataclysm, it was a ''cheap'' deal. And the mount still hasnt been removed from my account even though the guy was a gold seller from china. He even admited that in whisper chat in game.
    To be honest, the fact that he was a goldseller is irrelevant. What is important is how he obtained the mount and whether it was reasonable for you to know if he did so in an illegitimate manner.

If he did so by means of an account compromise, and the compromised account just happened to have a Magic Rooster Egg lying around on one of his toons, or if he duped the mount, then it would become a possible issue, but only if you were aware of that, and Blizzard could prove you knew you were buying an item obtained by illegitimate means.

It's more likely he actually bought the mount, either for real money and then selling the gold he got from you for even more real money, or he bought the mount for in game gold and is selling it at a profit - and then selling the gold profits for real money. All of which is perfectly legit except the last part (selling the gold for real money) - which really isn't your problem at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boocifer View Post
    I bought a lil rag pet with gold, few days later I was contacted by a GM saying my pet was removed because it was bought with a stolen credit card. I lost the pet and my gold. If you're asking on here whether or not it's legit, I suggest you avoid it all together.
    Agreed, got buggered on the Bat mount.

If the mount is already in game though, like say a Spectral tiger, then it's good as far as I know.

Deleted
    I don't know. I sometimes use my lvl 1 bank alt to sell pet battles.

I even have a lvl 1 toon on a realm i plan to reroll on, to sell pet battles so i'll have some gold to start with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Just as is said here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    If its a paid promotional mount then its definitely bought from either a stolen credit card or a soon to be canceled credit card and you will end up with nothing except a good telling off from a blizz GM about buying such items

Dont risk it trust me it aint worth it
    99% of these sales is done that way.
    On my realm this kind of spammer/seller appeared few days ago and still keeps going on with that.. dunno what to do to make him gone since we know that report thing really doesnt help at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nairobi13 View Post
    I bought a bat mount for 15k had it for 2 days then it went missing. Wouldn't trust it if i were you.
    There is no way you can trade the bat mount ingame since the item itself is soulbound (http://www.wowhead.com/item=95341/).
    So you traded gold for a code. That is completely different from buying mounts from the AH or via a direct ingame trade.

I've purchased some, none have been removed... I have also gone and gotten 2-4 of the same mount just to resell for double the price.