Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

[TV] Family Guys Episode from tonight (Nov 24th) *Potential Spoilers*

Seriously?! How long do you guys think it will be before they bring him back? Or how long before Stewie manages to rig together a new time machine? And do you guys even like Vinny, he seems a little bit different and doesnt feel like a fit for the show :/

I don't care about spoilers, can you explain what happened?

I completely agree, if brian doesn't come back I'll boycott the show. I know it doesn't make a damn difference but seriously why not kill off meg or chris? nobody gives a fuck about them

Stewie and Bryan was messing around with the time machine and Stewie got bored with it and destroyed it. They found a hockey net at the junkyard and as Bryan was about to set it up in the road to play street hockey with Stewie and Stewie turned around to watch a car fly around the corner and run Bryan over and smoosh him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have preferred if they killed off Meg or Chris, but I can see how that might make controversy because they are kids and not a pet... still though, I agree, absolutely terrible. It's even worse they replaced him with what so far appears to be a stereotypical Italian-American character. I'll give next week's episode a chance to see how he fits in, but I am pretty sure I am done watching Family Guy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I don't care about spoilers, can you explain what happened?
    stewie destroys his time machine realizing how dangerous it is. brian gets hit by a car and stewie can't save him with the time machine. stewie tries to rebuild his time machine but can't due to lack of special resources. they get a new dog.

Yeah of all people i could see them ridding Chris off the show. Bryan at least has some kind of story going on each episode and hes really the only one who truly talks to Stewie and keeps people informed with Stewie as no one else can talk to him really. Chris all he has going for him is Evil Monkey and Herbert. Meg has the hate thing and that would have been to straight forward for it to be her. But Bryan? Damn man.

Vinny is so fucking annoying. I can't stand that character type. The street-wise italian-sounding guy.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Vinny is so fucking annoying. I can't stand that character type. The street-wise italian-sounding guy.
    I completely agree. He just doesnt fit into the persona of Family Guys comedic jokes.

i'll stop watching if brian isn't brought back, after watching this show since 1999 I at least want them to know what a stupid fucking decision they made

What is the worst party of all this was the way it happened i believe. There was a heartful moment of a boy and his dog about to play and the boy turns around to watch his dog get hit. I mean it would have been less of an impact if maybe the guns misfired and got him or the indians did or something.... i just think the approach was wrong.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am shocked that they killed off Brian.

For more information as to why I found this source:
    http://www.eonline.com/news/484172/f...ll-off-spoiler
    We can't believe that Brian is gone! What led you to make this crucial decision for the series?
    Steve Callaghan: Well, this was an idea that got pitched in the writers room and it sort of caught fire, and we thought it could be a fun way to shake things up. As soon as this idea came up, we started talking about what the next couple episodes could be and we got very excited about the way this change wil affect the family dynamics and the characters.

Why did you decide that Brian had to be the one to go and not one of the other characters?

It seemed more in the realm of a reality that a dog would get hit by a car, then if one of the kids died. As much as we love Brian, and as much as everyone loves their pets, we felt it would be more traumatic to lose one of the kids, rather than the family pet.

How did long-time Family Guy actors, Mila Kunis and Seth Green, react once they learned that Brian would die in tonight's episode?
    I think they were glad it wasn't them. [Laughs.] I think they were surprised, as anyone would be and I think they were pretty stunned especially this far into the show. They were as shocked as anyone.

Why did you feel like you needed to bring another dog into the Griffin family right away?

It felt like the way that this show was conceived by Seth all those years ago, was this entire family unit including the parents, kids and a dog. So by losing Brian, it felt like a void needed to be filled both comically, and also for the interpersonal relationships between all the characters. We felt that we needed to fill that role.

Of all the actors in the world, why did you have The Sopranos' Tony Sirico come in to voice the role of Vinny, the Griffin's new dog?
    I think it was Seth's idea actually to get Tony to come in. He's a big fan of The Sopranos and always loved Tony Sirico in particular and he thought it would be fun to write a character based around his voice and his personality and just who he is as an actor.

We saw a little bit of Vinny's personality in tonight's episode. How does Vinny's demeanor compare to Brian's?

Oh they're very different. Brian was very smart and studios and intellectual, and Vinny is just a lot more of a rough around the edges.

Brian and Stewie were extremely close and developed a very strong bond over these past 11 seasons. Will Vinny and Stewie continue to grow closer?

Vinny is a really good match for Stewie. Where Brian was sort of a match for Stewie intellectually, Vinny is a good match for Stewie because he doesn't let Stewie get away with any crap. He'll call Stewie out on his B.S. freely.

What's coming up in the next all-new Family Guy episode airing Dec. 8?

It's just a regular, run-of-the-mill episode. Well, actually it's a super funny episode. Peter and Quagmire form a Simon and Garfunkel folk-type singing duo and there's a lot of funny and original songs that they write which as you might expect are really absurd and silly and stupid.

Lastly, killing off Brian is a really big shocker. Are you worried about the backlash from longtime Family Guy fans?
    I'm not, only because our fans are smart enough and have been loyal to our show for long enough, to know that they can trust us. We always make choices that always work to the greatest benefit of the series.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't trust him. Maybe it's that annoying accent but he just sounds like a guy that would backstab you. I don't know... Cleveland was my favorite character and then he got his own show. My next favorites are Chris and Brian but now Brian is gone too. Like, what the hell?
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

From that article posted above, he says that Vinny will call Stewie out on his B.S. So does this mean we wont see much of Stewie doing anything now..? Since most of the crazy antics will be shot down by Vinny. Ugh what are they doing to this show

It was a very meh episode, and Brian (my fav) is now dead >.>

Why couldn't they have killed off Chris or Quagmire, could easily do without either.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I don't trust him. Maybe it's that annoying accent but he just sounds like a guy that would backstab you. I don't know... Cleveland was my favorite character and then he got his own show. My next favorites are Chris and Brian but now Brian is gone too. Like, what the hell?
    I thought cleveland's show got canceled...wouldnt he just move back to quahog? i mean that show sucked, so...yeah...

I haven't watched Family Guy in a loooong time. It just got old to me, but now? Now I'll never be interested in even stopping while channel surfing in a hotel on a trip. Brian made the show for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I thought cleveland's show got canceled...wouldnt he just move back to quahog? i mean that show sucked, so...yeah...
    I think cleveland show is actually really good, at least compared to all the other crap they try to fill that last sunday slot with

Well the show is overdue for something to happen death wise. Peters mom dies soon also so probably in saving brian stewie kills peters mom.

10+ Year Old Account
    ;_; they killed brian!!