Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Solo heal heroic norushen. That'll probably make you happy.
    People complain about whack-a-mole, suggest even worse whack-a-mole. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The "problem" with healing is that it's no longer a thinking persons job, now it's just "use one spell". I used to complain back in TBC when Hyjal/BT etc. as a resto shaman was literally spamming chain heal (and much of LK as well) but it's even worse now.

Ideal situation for old healers like myself would be a) all self healing abilities out of the game b) the return of down ranking c) get rid of the "slow inexpensive healing spells" modus operandi.

None of which will happen of course, because whack-a-mole is such fun, at least GC and the rest of the inept design team seems to think so.
    Last edited by mmoce1e4d9dec7; 2013-11-25 at 12:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played all roles in raids, healing is one of the most fun and probably the least boring, for me at least.

It's also a team game, not one person is due extra credit for a boss dying. Healing is not a challenge at all while levelling, they aren't really needed for 5 mans. Who the hell uses CC? If a druid used CC in a 5 man I was tanking, it would just annoy me, nothing worse having to deal with a cyclone in a 5 man you could probably solo.

If you are healing normals or heroics, stop healing, you will wipe. That should make you feel significant.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2013-11-25 at 12:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In 25man, or in 10man if 3 healing, even the most terrible healers can be carried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Willfox View Post
    Firstly, I do think healers have the most boring job in raids.
    I would disagree since healing is never the same on the same fight, even all the conditions,raid setup etc are the same Imo, that is the only role that doesn't get boring when the content is on farm. Dpsing, on the other hand, is exactly the same no matter where you are, raid, dungeon, world boss - do the same rotation, something procs, press something, add spawns, tab to add and do rotation on add. zzzZZZZzzzz

To the OP:
    about this part: I feel so fucking anonymous, even when topping meters.
    When a boss dies, I cannot relate I was a significant part of the successful outcome.

Raiding is teamwork, since, obviously, unless you are solo healing, you are doing your job together with other members of the healing team, therefore the success of the fight is split among the 6 of you if it is lfr. I would recommend solo healing fights in your raid guild if you do 10 mans. Then you can claim all the credit yourself and perhaps challenge yourself a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    I still think it's a matter of opinion. People have different strengths and weaknesess. I know a lot of people who has tried different roles. Heck, even did so myself some years ago when I was playing seriously. Everyone has a different opinion on the matter. I find healing to be the easiest aswell, but I am pretty confident it has to do with me prefering the role.

And yeah, I share your opinion on the DPS part. That's probably the most challenging role for me aswell. I love to be challenged, but I don't find dps'ing or tanking entertaining anymore, and prefer getting that challenge solely through healing because I enjoy it.
    It's a matter of perception.

Someone may perceive that healing is harder because the nature of the role is more personal and reactionary; giving them the illusion that it's more tense than DPSing or Tanking.
    That illusion of pressure makes people overthink how difficult their role is.

It isn't hard to heal decently - and to be honest, even in most heroic-difficulty fights, healing 'decently' is all that's required. A healer is allowed more major mistakes than a Tank or even an individual DPS. It's not a matter of 'opinion' that this is the case; it's something that WoL can tell you.

Play enh shaman and convert all your mw5 heals to chain heal and see how many healers you can beat in LFR. thats my fun way to heal now. have to queue as dps tho or people get cranky.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Soki View Post
    It's a matter of perception.

Someone may perceive that healing is harder because the nature of the role is more personal and reactionary; giving them the illusion that it's more tense than DPSing or Tanking.
    That illusion of pressure makes people overthink how difficult their role is.

It isn't hard to heal decently - and to be honest, even in most heroic-difficulty fights, healing 'decently' is all that's required. A healer is allowed more major mistakes than a Tank or even an individual DPS. It's not a matter of 'opinion' that this is the case; it's something that WoL can tell you.
    How do you rank something, when people have different abilities to manage it? There's plenty of brilliant dps or tanks who just can't heal, and the other way around. You still haven't mentioned anything that can convince me that role-difficulty isn't personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Healing in raids is probably the least challenging thing in this game.
    Really depends on the group and the progression. Towards the end, yes, healing becomes the least challenging due to gear, nerfs, farm status.

However, at the start, it can be the hardest for the same reason, gear, unfamiliar with the boss. Also some guilds may under heal due to agressive enrage timers causing more stress on the remaining healers.

Deleted
    Sounds like you should test out 2v2/3v3 arena as a healer.

That way you'll get back the heroic feeling that people are dependant on you.

Deleted
    Dps is boring - rotation 500x

i must agree, healing DOES get diminishing return fun values as you grab more and more gear.
    Meh, i wish you could have multiple healing playstyles like monk does.
    Restro Druid for me makes me sleepy ><

Healing is cool, its tense on hard content, meters are not as important for healers as for dps, keeping ppl and your assigned targets alive is important. The moment when many ppl are low on HP and you need to do best judgement on your cooldowns and keeping ppl alive. Every time someone's HP drops to less than 10%, a healer is having a heart stroke back there lol
    Last edited by Xjev; 2013-11-27 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Soki View Post
    DPSing is juggling.
    Healing is reaction.

DPSing is harder than Healing, in raids - even in cutting-edge content, to me.
    (DPSing well, anyway)
    If you are only reactionary in your healing, then you (or your raid) are not "doing it well". Good healers know exactly when damage is incoming, and are proactive in planning out their heals. The only time you need to be reactive is when people screw up.

DPS is the same way. To maximize your output, you need to know exactly where and when to do stuff. Both roles can be complicated. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

But if healing in a raid is boring, that usually means you have too many healers. /shrug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    People complain about whack-a-mole, suggest even worse whack-a-mole. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The "problem" with healing is that it's no longer a thinking persons job, now it's just "use one spell". I used to complain back in TBC when Hyjal/BT etc. as a resto shaman was literally spamming chain heal (and much of LK as well) but it's even worse now.

Ideal situation for old healers like myself would be a) all self healing abilities out of the game b) the return of down ranking c) get rid of the "slow inexpensive healing spells" modus operandi.

None of which will happen of course, because whack-a-mole is such fun, at least GC and the rest of the inept design team seems to think so.
    I'm not even sure how to respond to this but if you're only using one button as a healer now then you're doing it wrong.
    Last edited by fengosa; 2013-11-27 at 06:22 PM.

Are you serious? I leveled my druid almost exclusively using rejuvenation. Just spamming one button was more than enough to keep most groups topped off all the way up to 90.

Healing current tier raids is on par with ranged dpsing current tier raids, if not more demanding. You really, really don't have a point here.

When healing actually hard content It's really enjoyable, If you are doing thok hc you screwing up a cast or missing a cooldown will most likely phase it, My guild have been 1 healing siege-garrosh for a few weeks now and it makes healing way more fun.

However if you are overgearing content and you zerg it with no chance of failing healing is just a afk job, Invest in a 2nd monitor so you can start browsing the internet while your raid group is clearing the super easy content

5mans are a joke, you feel like you did something useful? my blood dk tops the healing meters when im in a 5man heroic, CANT HEAL IF I DONT TAKE DMG problim?

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Go watch the solo-healed H-Garrosh kill. Maybe that's more along your playstyle, given what I've read. Maybe try healing some arenas, as lots of comps are single-healer only, and you'll definitely have to work hard and be appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    5mans are a joke, you feel like you did something useful? my blood dk tops the healing meters when im in a 5man heroic, CANT HEAL IF I DONT TAKE DMG problim?
    DISC PRIEST BUBBLE SNIIIPE.

Hah, I do that in raids. =P
    Our resto shaman threatened to reroll DPS if we use disc+paladin heals, as she doesn't get much healing past the bubbles.