Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    One cool memory i have is being chased across ashenvale on my low level nelf priest. There were four horde on my tail and a couple of them were level ?? guys but didnt seem to have any mounts. only one had a movement speed cd so every time he caught up to me i would AoE fear him and keep running. I think i was trying to get to astranaar where guards would hopefully protect me, but after five or so minutes the fast guy finally caught up to me, stunned me, and promptly murdered me within sight of the entrance to astranaar. It was pretty epic though.

10+ Year Old Account
    First memory: Going down the road into Goldshire and seeing all the Christmas decorations. It was Winter's Veil 2006
    First worst memory: Trying to do a quest I had in Moonbrook. Went down into this barn and wondered why I was dying so quickly, and why the enemies were so much harder to kill. Soon after I was told the concept of dungeons.
    First best memory: Finally getting the mats and gold for my epic warlock mount and completing the quest with my new guild friends. Now when any new player complains about mount cost, I /punch them

Early Wrath. Co-Worker almost forced me to join (I was a huge fan of shooters at the time and thought WoW was too "geeky" to play.). I decided to meet him half way and join a private server, because I didn't want to waste money on a game I was "prolly gonna hate."

I clearly remember walking around Mulgore on a Tauren Hunter.

Oh, I bought WoW the next day.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Late vanilla (after naxx release) Created a tauren warrior at night and remember killing plainstriders... I remember the nights in vanilla wow were actualy dark, everything is highligted now. Oh and don't forget the two moons...
    Last edited by Sigroth; 2013-11-29 at 02:40 AM.

I think it was me making a Dwarf Hunter in Dun Morogh, back in classic. I was fascinated by all the little things. I went fishing in a hole in the ice, and admired the scenery. Leveling 1-10 took a while back then, but I felt like I was hunting the wildlife, and how awesome it was to skin them and make stuff with them. Then when I got my pet, even if it was that silly temp pet, it felt awesome. Sad that I had to release it, I instantly tamed the same one. A bear because the Dwarf from the cinematic was awesome. Oooh, and the vanilla pet system where you taught your pets, everything. Would be killing myself to have it now-a-day, but back then it felt like a good thing to teach my pet Claw (Rank 5)

Funny how the little things were fascinating by then. I miss that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by kriimsilm View Post
    What is your first (or most memorable) memory of playing WoW.

Mine is when about 6 or 7 years ago I rolled my first toon. Nelf warrior. And while doing the first quests I ran into a level capped Nelf who sat on her nightsaber mount. That looked so cool. I joined her guild and that was basically the very beginning of the adventure.

It`s been quite a ride when I think about it.

So what`s your memory?
    Mine was right after TBC dropped and I was about lvl 25 alliance and I was sort of stuck around Razorfern, I was pretty lost and no idea what I was doing then these 2 ally guys showed up and they really helped me out, I joined their guild and went up in ranks, when I was officer and friends with a bunch of the other lead officers we left that guild and made our own, we because the biggest guild during LK and there was a short period of a few months (right before Cata when other guilds took breaks), almost nothing happened on our server unless our guild sanctioned it/was involved in it. the power was quite intoxicating, never abused it, my guild we never ninja'd loot or rip anyone off, we had all the power and we used it responsibly.

not to be racist but me and my brother both made human rogues, as black colored and named them gankster and ganksta during the first week of the launch of WoW

Undead - Got to trisfal glades was exploring and met the Plague lands welcome bear. Game was so brutal back then

Wonderful Sig made by Torgerd

10+ Year Old Account
    I started in Nov 2007 as a draenei hunter. I wanted to be a tauren, but the friend who got my wife and I to start playing was a nelf, so we had to be alliance to play with him. The starting area felt so huge. I took hours just exploring around azuremyst isle. That sense of wonder and wanting to see and learn everything about the game I could. It still happens with each new patch and expansion too. Hense why both of us still play.

I wish I could go back to tell myself to just make a resto shaman from day one, as that is what I fell in love with doing.

Getting my first warglaive ( right hand) on my warrior

First memory ?

Timing out on account creation. Those servers were hammered beyond beliefe. d3 login error had nothing on wow launch

First ingame memory. Making a Orc warrior. Playing for about 3 min. Going to bed. Deciding to find a server with the most Norwegians on the next day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Funny, I don't remember WoW ever having an open beta initially. I remember it going from closed beta to release. Maybe my memory's foggy.

I remember doing the quest in Arathi Highlands where there was a long quest chain to summon this boss at these pillars. I never for the life of me could kill it without a group.
    I was in Closed Beta. I too do not remember there being an Open Beta at all.

Not knowing where the hell I was supposed to go. Started out as a NE Rogue, I got so turned around in Teldrassil. After almost 2 weeks of aimlessly wandering around, trying to accomplish quests, I eventually made it over to Darkshore...man, that place was HUGE. It intimidated me to the point where I logged out lol. Then, there was that "Deep Ocean, Vast Sea" terror...oh god, I still have nightmares.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    The first thing that came to mind was that I rolled a NE hunter on a pvp server and the first moment I stepped into Redridge Mountains I got ganked by a horde of high level. Though after I dig deeper into my memory I remember levelling my very first wow character (UD priest) around Brill.

I remember buying and creating my character and being blown away that first night. BUt my most amazing experience in all video gaming ever in my entire 32 years on this Earth was the first time I decided to take my Night Elf sailing from Auberdine to Menethil Harbor at level 15 to learn 2 handed sword training from Master Woo (or was it ping?), and the walk along the road up the mountain tunnels through Loch Modan and Dun Morogh ultimately to Ironforge and to Stormwind via the tram.

I had never seen such rich and diverse terrain in a full sized free roaming world that made me feel like i was living in a Pixar movie, the way the land changed and the foreshadowing of seeing ruins from miles away you'd later be under,... the vistas. The atmosphere. For the very first time I felt like I was actually living and exploring a fantasy world, something no video game had ever done. Everquest tried, but the graphics were boring and sterile and generic.

Every new zone brought with it brand new different kinds of trees and bushes and soil patterns and music and atmosphere that was so distinct, i was absolutely in fucking heaven, totally captivated. Nothing has ever come close.

Maybe the Oculus Rift and virtual reality will give me an experience on par, but perhaps being 24 in 2004, being this old I'll never ever feel that way again about a game. A depressing thought.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Being an undead warlock and killing a gnome in a battleground. Then cannibalizing him. Hhhehehehhe.

My ret paladin using int gear...

Making a Human Paladin and running through Elwynn the first time Was amazing was my main until MoP

The first memory that sticks with me in WoW was when I first ran up the hill to Ironforge. As a little gnome, it was pretty awe inspiring.

10+ Year Old Account
    First memory? Running through Ironforge as a Paladin with my Training Sword.

Worst memory? Beta Testing Wrath Beta and Ghostcrawler calling a person who offered feedback on Death Knights a scared cow, and making a body weight insult on a good friend. Deleting many many pages of feedback. That was six years ago, and I knew he would not last more than 2 expansions.

He didn't. Good riddance I say.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2013-11-29 at 06:56 AM.

snake trap bug at tarren mill.
    FUUUUUUU!
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.