Deleted

Addon to track Maelstrom?

I'm leveling my shaman, and I find that I have trouble spotting the normal UI effect whenever you get 5 stacks of Maelstrom. I'm no stranger to this kind of proc, since my moonkin has starsurge - but I find that it's hard to hear the sound and it's hard to see the graphics when you're up close and personal.

What I need is an addon that lets me see my current Maelstrom stacks, and maybe glow a bit when I'm at 5. The other day, I am almost sure I saw some purple combo point like interface for Maelstrom stacks - five dots that would light up and so on. But I can't for the life of me find it again.

I do have WeakAura's, but it doesn't really let me make it as I want it - namely, the way I saw that purple little box thing. Alternatively, if there is an addon that gives me five dots below my health panel, much like my Eclipse bar on my moonkin, then that would be nice as well. I am not very good at looking at buffs.

Side question: I see "priority addons" mentioned a lot. Is this really the thing with most enhancement shamans? I personally like to make up my own mind, but if these addons are needed to push another 10% DPS, then I'd like to know. If it's just for comfort, then I'll be without

TellMeWhen might be helpful, make it see trough when you have less then 5 stacks and intact when you get 5 stacks or a bigger aura, making something like combo points could be possible as well with TMW but won't looks as good as an addon that is made purely for that reason.

nugcombobar

I edited it and added searing flames too. I really should email nug and tell him to do it!

The 5 dot addon is likely nugcombobar

but you can setup weakauras to do the same, really.

Priority addons are BS. You will realistically need addons to display information the default ui doesn't (mostly for optimizing use of CD's), use what you like to get the job done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    fortexorsist is another addon which can be used to track buffs/debuffs and their durations and stacks

10+ Year Old Account
    NeedToKnow.. I find this the best addon, since it's freely configurable.

And don't count out Quartz.. This needs a little bit of adjustment and placement of the bars.. But it is very neat as well.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I use weak aura's and how I set it is to show an image for stacks > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5. So when I have 5 up I know I have 5 stacks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    nugcombobar

I edited it and added searing flames too. I really should email nug and tell him to do it!
    Thank you. This was excactly the addon I was looking for. Works like a charm - the five combo points are just above my skills on my action bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The 5 dot addon is likely nugcombobar

but you can setup weakauras to do the same, really.

Priority addons are BS. You will realistically need addons to display information the default ui doesn't (mostly for optimizing use of CD's), use what you like to get the job done.
    Back when I was raiding in WOTLK before my break, I used PowerAura's - it was easy to set up. WeakAuras take me a loooot of time to set up and get right, but thats probably just as much just getting used to the addon.

I prefer to only use addons that I need. Functionality addons like giving me a display where I want and so on. I'd hate to be used to an addon and then be screwed over if the addon breaks :P

Deleted
    combat text addons usually allow you to assign a sound for certain warnings, mine plays a loud "AWOOGA" when it procs.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm using weakauras personally
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

I am using weakauras, having it set to only show itself when above 3 stacks. I find that it works brilliantly and would greatly recommend using weakauras for it.

To your side question:

I think that rotation addons often confuse more than they do good, especially if you know your priority list somewhat well. Priorities change too depending on what procs etc - it's much better to sit down and learn it by heart in my opinion.
    Last edited by Draenox; 2013-11-26 at 12:19 PM.

The addon you're talking bout is NugComboBar (or something to that effect).

I personally use Power Auras to track my Maelstrom Weapon procs, and Weak Auras to track everything else.

Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    Indeed, I personally use weakauras as well, generally doing patches + expansions, they are very easy to personally edit and fix in-game over an addon programmed.
    This is my image of the Weakaura I use:

Just throwing here for anyone else whos looking for types of maelstrom tracking, all the WA's I used saved in a wordpad - http://pastebin.com/ta3KgDeE

Deleted
    I used TotemTimers with TellMeWhen, had growing bar from TT and timer from TMW. Smart? Not at all but i could not found any other addon which did same things. If someone know one, i'd like to know.