Deleted

Help to counterpick in the jungle.

Hello. I haven't really played alot of ranked games in season 3, I'm just Silver atm. But I am planning on playing ranked only next season and I need some help to my champion picks in the jungle, as that is what I'm best with.

What should I pick as a counter when the enemy team picks:

-A fast clearing champion.

-Slow clearing champ.

-A tanky jungler.

-Anything else that I'm sure i've missed.

I usually play alot of Maokai and Shaco so far, and I'm doing well most of the time. I also play alot of other junglers from time to time, but like everyone else I want to improve.
    Any help or tips are appreciated.

/English isn't my first language, sorry if I made any mistakes.

- Fast clearing = Pick another fast clearing champ. If they're aoe fast clear, shyvana > sej > lee sin > amumu. If they're st fast clear shyvana > nunu > fiddle

- Slow clearing = Pick one that clears fast & ganks often. Shyvana > sej > amumu > fiddle > nunu

- Tanky jungler = Depends on your goal. If you want to counter jungle shyv usually wins counter jungle fights, if you want to counter gank nunu has very fast speed as well as shyvana, karthus post 6 can basically map wide counter gank and he has been able to jungle for awhile now don't be fooled.

- Don't pick your jungler based on theirs. Then again, try not to pick a weak jungler. Find one that suits your playstyle. If you like to farm fast & gank quick shyvana & sej make good picks. If you like to carry late game, tryn, master yi, fiora, shyvana make great picks. If you like to cc alot, udyr, sej.

If you didn't catch on, shyv > everything else right now.

Unless you're going to counter a lot, you will have more success in picking something that synergises well with your own team, in stead of somving that will counter a single champion on the enemy team for early/mid game. Your team have laners with hard CC? Pick a jungle carry. No tank picked? Zac, Sej, Vi etc.
    RETH

Deleted
    Picking for your team composition is much more important then picking against single enemy champion especially as jungler. For example picking Shyvana with weak laners will most porbably cost you a game.
    Consider if your lanes will need much help or good on their own, if you need more cc or more damage, if your utility will be countered by enemy abilities etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    Olaf fotm jungler? That's news. Olaf belongs top lane or not in the game at all. Also Hecarim is really strong late, just have to stomach his garbage early game.

Get with the times.

He's stupidly strong in the jungle and picked top lane mostly just to deal with Jax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    Get with the times? When is he picked to jungle over going top? And how is he even worth a shit in the jungle? There are plenty of champions that do what he does in the jungle but better. His ganks are meh. His clear is severely gated by mana until he has a tiamat/hydra, assuming he even gets that early, he's probably rushing a ruined king to make up for his lack of a gap closer. If you pick him in solo queue and jungle you better hope the lanes you're ganking have some reliable hard cc.
    Olaf is retardedly fast, only gated by mana if he wants to maintain his speed. His speed is on par with Shyvana and he scales as hard with gold. An olaf with gold will murder your backline if you don't shut him down. He is an exceptional duelist and if he finds the enemy jungler anywhere (his own jungle or the enemy's), he will cause problems.

Yes, he is a bit more situational pick. That does not mean he is a poor pick. In the right circumstances, he is an extreme powerhouse. Say a Sivir ADC, Lulu support (with Shurelya's possibly) and something murderous mid/toplane will guarantee a rampaging Olaf in the middle of the enemy team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great thing about jungle is that it's pretty much the hardest position to counter pick in because you're not always necessarily seeing the enemy jungler on a second to second basis. I say that if you are first picking then choose a solid jungler that won't get counterjungled easily. If you have the ability to counter pick then you also have more freedom on who to choose such as a Karthus jungle which can be very good if playing against someone like Amumu jungle because they are not going to counter you and Karthus rapes face in the jungle if allowed to roam freely.
    Hey everyone

On the topic of olaf if the new jungle item changes go into effect he will NO DOUBT be very very strong and his clear times will be godly. The changes are on pbe currently, you can view them on reignofgaming

10+ Year Old Account
    On another note, what would be the choice of jungler if the enemy jungler intends to gank/camp lanes all day (i.e. Lee, Shaco), only taking minimal farm and donating it to the other laners?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    On another note, what would be the choice of jungler if the enemy jungler intends to gank/camp lanes all day (i.e. Lee, Shaco), only taking minimal farm and donating it to the other laners?
    Farm, if they get kills theres nothing you can do but farm. If you're in the area & suspect you have an advantage help. Don't waste your time dilly dallying. Get ahead, just tell your teammate to play it safe & ward

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    So you seriously think you know better about Olaf than all the pro players and the upper ranks of diamond 1/challenger? Have you even tried Olaf out yourself? You make it sound like preseason completely redid the jungle when all they did was put in some changes and nerfed ancient golem while changing the others and keeping Wriggles in its shitty state.

You're trying to push your opinion on Olaf around as a fact when there is a lot of evidence that Jungle Olaf is a strong pick and top lane Olaf is seeing a lot less play.
    It doesn't matter how bad or good olaf is, with the new jungle items on PBE if they make it to live in their current form at least, he'll be very good again.

At the moment, shyvana is better than olaf though. I've seen shyvana carry way more games than olaf and her win rate is higher. Her team fight potential is good, she's by near unkillable in dragon form, and she's hell do to deal with while she's in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Farm, if they get kills theres nothing you can do but farm. If you're in the area & suspect you have an advantage help. Don't waste your time dilly dallying. Get ahead, just tell your teammate to play it safe & ward
    Sure, but what happens if the enemy CoD camping jungler manages to a critical laner fed, i.e. getting their Vayne or Olaf to 5-0? As in the enemy has Bengi and Doublelift smurfs while your laners are the equivalent of SC2 Bronze players (which I think is worse than even most Bronze V players in League)?
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-11-26 at 04:19 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Sure, but what happens if the enemy CoD camping jungler manages to a critical laner fed, i.e. getting their Vayne or Olaf to 5-0? As in the enemy has Bengi and Doublelift smurfs while your laners are the equivalent of SC2 Bronze players (which I think is worse than even most Bronze V players in League)?
    I'm not really gonna argue here, its not worth the time & effort. I have no experience in ranked sc2 unfortunately, I wish I played more.

For real, it isn't about countering until diamond 1+

If your good at a specifically jungler(mine being Udyr/Nasus), you can carry/clear and be fine.

All about playing smart and your set up

Pick Shyvana, get exhaust, win.