Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Rehashing Content at its Finest - SOO

Ok so I had the opportunity to play through SOO at my brothers house on one of his many alt characters...

The instance is just largely a rehash of Orgrimmar.. and as for the part in the MoP continent, its a rehash of a zone..

Whats Blizzards problem with rehashing everything they can and claiming its new content? This is getting upsetting that they do this with every damn expansion now. They have more developers and more resources working on WoW than ever before, and they come up with "new content" like this? They even used a PvP faction boss as their last Raid boss for their last Raid.

From a lore standpoint, and an artistic standpoint, i think they have started to run out of original ideas to breathe any new life into this game. I will be trying Warlords of Draenor out only because I loved TBC and we get to go back to the world that Outland originally was (which I think is awesome), but you have to admit, they took old ideas and continue to rehash stuff any chance they get.

I love this game, but man they need to really think outside the box if they want to captivate and bring new players into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Ok so I had the opportunity to play through SOO at my brothers house on one of his many alt characters...

The instance is just largely a rehash of Orgrimmar.. and as for the part in the MoP continent, its a rehash of a zone..

Whats Blizzards problem with rehashing everything they can and claiming its new content? This is getting upsetting that they do this with every damn expansion now. They have more developers and more resources working on WoW than ever before, and they come up with "new content" like this? They even used a PvP faction boss as their last Raid boss for their last Raid.

From a lore standpoint, and an artistic standpoint, i think they have started to run out of original ideas to breathe any new life into this game. I will be trying Warlords of Draenor out only because I loved TBC and we get to go back to the world that Outland originally was (which I think is awesome), but you have to admit, they took old ideas and continue to rehash stuff any chance they get.

I love this game, but man they need to really think outside the box if they want to captivate and bring new players into the game.
    Having changes to the existing world, you know to show that the world isnt static, is not rehashing.

Deleted
    So Siege of Orgrimmar is a rehash of Orgrimmar. Er...

I think its the idea or crashing the hordes city/reclaiming your own city that is epic. Who cares that its just orgrimar?

You're mad that the Siege of Orgrimmar is literally just Orgrimmar with raid mobs?

What were you expecting?

How are you not banned? Not one of your threads brings up a valid point. None of your threads make sense to anyone with a brain. You just create these threads to get a reaction out of people.

Siege of Orgrimmar.

Siege. Of. Orgrimmar.

Orgrimmar.

How dare they make it look like Orgrimmar!

Deleted
    oohh, another week, another jaylock negative game aspect post. Man we thought you'd given up!

Yes, and Black Temple was rehashed as well, they used MODELS and TEXTURES! You had to ATTACK enemies to kill them , i mean how outdated can you get? And the best: Bosses dropped LOOT, like EVERY SINGLE Boss before!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was upset that we saw so little of Orgrimmar in the raid.

I wanted options to break in through the front, side or back!!!

I agree; Siege of Orgrimmar should certainly not be taking place within Orgrimmar, using actual areas of Orgrimmar to show that it's actually a raid revolving around raiding Orgrimmar!

Heh.

Just gonna leave this here..
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-11-25 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Siege of Orgrimmar.

Siege. Of. Orgrimmar.

Orgrimmar.

How dare they make it look like Orgrimmar!
    Even at that, there's only 3 bosses that take place on land that wasn't completely built from the ground up. The overwhelming majority of the raid is entirely new content.

Agreed. Siege of Orgrimmar should have been set somewhere besides Orgrimmar. It's so lazy for devs to make you raid the city that the raid is named after. And even from a lore standpoint, c'mon Blizzard, at least make it make sense, like what the fuck? I'll be glad when this game finally dies off.

Wait, so it's not okay for them to use places that make sense, but for them to redo outlands isn't rehashing old content?

The Raid is called Siege of Orgrimmar, did you expect it to be somewhere else? If you look closely at several bosses and things through out the entire game from vanilla to now you can find all kind of things that blizzard didn't actually think of, just put their twist on it. In fact they LOVE Norse Mythology. Lets play a game and see how many references you can find in blizzard games that have to do with Thor, you can start in Ulduar, to include the legendary mace, Val'anyr = Mjölnir and Thorim, well nuff said!

10+ Year Old Account
    How and why are you still on these forums?

Deleted
    Actually, Only 1 of the wings( the second one) is "Rehashed", the entire underground complex is entirely new. The first wing is also parially "Rehashed." (Few new chambers here and there). So All in all, I'd say about 40 % of the instance is "Rehashed" (Since the second wing is quite large)

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually liked Siege of Orgrimmar. It was nearly engaging the whole way through, save for that hallway that you walk through from Spoils to Klaxxi Paragons. Not a fan of using it over and over. It created monotony just a bit.

"Siege of Orgrimmar is just a rehash of Orgrimmar."

Only 4 bosses (Galakras, Iron Juggernaut, Dark Shamans, Nazgrim) actually take place in or around the Orgrimmar that has always been accessible to players, the other 8 are in new environments.

Yeah, okay.