10+ Year Old Account

Need help upgrading to new video card

Hey. I going to buy a new graphic card as my old one is noisy and pretty outdated i'm not very computer savvy and don't know anybody to help me. my current spec:

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
    Asus P5KLM IN/GB
    3.1 GB memory
    32 bit system
    NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS

i have about £100 to spend and see plenty within my price range but not sure what to get.. if anybody can help it would be much appreciated
    thank you!
    'I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.' Alex ferguson

Geforce 650 Ti is $100...Best one you can get at that range i'd say.

Not sure what sites you buy from but from amd side you are looking at radeon hd 7850 price range, and from nvidia look for gtx 650 ti boost (make sure it says boost at the end). They make two different versions of each of these cards with 1gb and 2gb of video memory, make sure you find one with 2gb's. In usa these are currently the best bang for the buck cards on the market, but i assume its true where you live also. If they are still too expensive where you live, try finding a radeon hd 7770.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rye25 View Post
    Geforce 650 Ti is $100...Best one you can get at that range i'd say.
    That card would work fine with my current spec or will i need to add anything else?

PS thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Not sure what sites you buy from but from amd side you are looking at radeon hd 7850 price range, and from nvidia look for gtx 650 ti boost (make sure it says boost at the end). They make two different versions of each of these cards with 1gb and 2gb of video memory, make sure you find one with 2gb's. In usa these are currently the best bang for the buck cards on the market, but i assume its true where you live also. If they are still too expensive where you live, try finding a radeon hd 7770.
    I will prob buy from amazon they are doing good deals with america's black friday coming up.

Deleted
    I just upgraded from a AMD Radeon 7750 HD(Really bad card), to a Sapphire Radeon R9 280x Toxic, the card is not in yet, but I can tell you my FPS will shoot through the roof with this upgrade! Only downside was the new PSU I had to buy, but hey, thats okay! =D
    But ye, I've gotta admit with Rye, since its the only thing you can possibly get with such specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok i will buy the GeForce GTX 650 Ti boost 2gb i'm pretty sure it will be a major upgrade to my current 9600gs lol thanks everybody that posted.

Quote Originally Posted by firechancer View Post
    Ok i will buy the GeForce GTX 650 Ti boost 2gb i'm pretty sure it will be a major upgrade to my current 9600gs lol thanks everybody that posted.
    Good choice, its an absolutely massive upgrade from your card, low power draw also : )

No you won't need to add anything else..Just the card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by firechancer View Post
    will i need to add anything else?
    Check your power supply to make sure it has a PCI-E 6 pin power cable. If it doesn't, then make sure that the card comes with a 2x 4pin Molex to 6 pin PCI-E. MOST cards come with at least one, but verify it does, otherwise you'll need one.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab