Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Originally Posted by Dustin Browder

Source

In a recent interview with Rock, Paper, Shotgun, I responded poorly to a statement the interviewer made about over-sexualized character designs in games, and I want to apologize for that. This is a serious topic and I don’t want anyone to think that I, or anyone else at Blizzard, is insensitive about how we portray our characters.

It takes work to make compelling characters, but it’s important to take a step back to ensure that we’re not alienating our players. We have an amazing roster of heroes and we will always strive to make sure that everyone can have a hero that they identify with and feel powerful using. And at the end of the day, we all want the same thing. A great game where we can all have fun battling for glory and maybe some bragging rights.

On the stage at BlizzCon, I spoke about Heroes being a collaborative project, shaped by the passion, love, and support of gamers like you. We’re building this game together, we’re listening, and your thoughts are valued.

I would like to thank Rock, Paper, Shotgun as well as our players for their feedback on this important issue. We want to do better, so keep the feedback coming and thanks for the continued support. We’ve got some pretty amazing things in store for you and we’re looking forward to seeing you in the Storm.

Dustin Browder
    Game Director, Heroes of the Storm
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-11-27 at 06:39 PM.

Browder: Uh-huh. Cool. Totally.

That seems like a very odd response in general, even under shock, that didn't relate to anything the person just said.

Deleted
    I don't think this puts Heroes into any danger.

Although I did notice Kerrigan looks a bit different in Heroes compared to Starcraft II, and I think it's ridiculous that they had to increase the size of her breasts. Why? Aren't they noticable enough from a zoomed out top-down view?

Then again, it could simply be the art style, since many characters seem like caricature versions of themselves. The Lich King for example has big hands, feet, shoulders, helm and weapon compared to little chest and legs. It's just a more goofy playful look. I wouldn't put it past Blizzard for putting emphasis on a certain part of Kerrigan for the same reasons.

I love how in his followup he has images that contain "half naked" characters and in both images 1 is a male and the other is a female and yet Blizzard is this evil corporation who only sexes up female chars?

What...the...helll

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    More muscular than most male gamers.... How could anyone find that sexy?.. let alone oversexualized.
    This isn't sexy to you? Forget the muscles.

http://www.darkestofangels.com/wp-co...le-pcgamer.jpg

Mod Edit: Please do not post images that large.
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2013-11-30 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post

Not at all... Sexy character for me would be like Nova and something like that.
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2013-11-30 at 04:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Not at all... Sexy character for me would be like Nova and something like that.
    And she is not oversexualized, not from what I have seen atleast.

10+ Year Old Account

BUT THE CLEAVAGE, no better than DOTA or LEAGUE! Okay, not really, but are those hardliners arguing about the cleavage itself?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Very misleading title, I thought there was something going on! The hype won't die down because of an unprepared answer to an interview.

Deleted
    Just add an option to clad all females in a burqha and it would please everyone. Males to for that matter. The only thing that would change when you switch character is the colour of the grid covering the face (but of course the shop would give you the option to buy a different type of grid).

Deleted

She is badass but a bit manly tbh, definitely more than some men, so I don't find her sexy either. And Nova... man the amount of comments I read about her after the cinematic. How can I find her sexy she looks far too young (like 14), far too cute for my taste.