Page 28 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Did you buy it before or after EA pulled it off of Steam and launched Origin?
    before, maybe that's why

Why has the last page & a half been about DA2, isn't there a megathread for this?

Deleted
    So I'm like *EUUUUUGH* so far in this whole sale.

I've spent about £3 so far, after preparing myself with a ~£100 budget.

Um-ing and ah-ing about Rogue Legacy. Anyone got an honest opinion on it?

Also if there's anything else there you could recommend?

Already own Oblivion, DA1, 1.5 and 2, Witcher2.

Heard Max Payne is just not that good, the rest I don't really know anything about..
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-12-22 at 11:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post

Um-ing and ah-ing about Rogue Legacy. Anyone got an honest opinion on it? I own everything else I would want today.
    It's a "rogue-lite", meaning you die over and over, but you actually build up your character with the money you earn each "game". The gameplay is platformer/action, with a little bit of bullet-hell. You find blueprints to get new gear, and runes to enchant your gear. There's a New Game + that goes up to 9, to challenge your skill (I'm at 4 and 3 was super duper hard). It's the most fun I've had in a game in a long time. There's only two things I would like to see different about it. 1. You get three (six with an upgrade) choices of characters each time, and it's completely random. Meaning, you don't get to pick what class and what traits your character has. Plus, if you end up with a character you love, you only get to play it until it dies. I'd like a little more option on this. 2. You can easily cap your character's stats out around New Game + 1. The character upgrading is the best part; I like to see noticeable improvements constantly to my character. But once it's capped, I just don't feel like playing much beyond that. You get stat boosts in treasure chests sometimes, but...eh, still.

Overall, it's a super great game. They just released a small patch with some bug fixes and updates, but overall it didn't change much. I would love to see more updates to the game.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-12-23 at 12:15 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks I love rogue-likes which is why I was looking at it. Just didn't really know how much "game" there is after watching a few videos. Most of them seemed a bit inept.

Unrelated, but if Grimrock goes on sale this time around and there's anyone here who doesn't own it - get it! (So happy that Grimrock 2 is in alpha nearly)
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-12-23 at 12:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue Legacy is amazing and addictive. It also recently received a patch with 5 (? I think) new bosses and some fun new traits and a few more rooms. Great, great game.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post

Um-ing and ah-ing about Rogue Legacy. Anyone got an honest opinion on it?

Also if there's anything else there you could recommend?

Already own Oblivion, DA1, 1.5 and 2, Witcher2.

Heard Max Payne is just not that good, the rest I don't really know anything about..
    Well there are not that many good Games. If you have all Fallouts, DeusEx, Witcher1+2, KotOR1+2, TES3-5, Civ5+Expansions, FarCry3, Saints Row 3+4 and Bioshock 1+Infinite you won't find that much great Games anymore.

And the best Deals you will always get at GMG, Amazon.com and Nuuvem. Steam is only good for older or smaller Games.

Bought medieval something, cant remember the name haha
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Deleted
    Thinking of grabbing Dishonored (done),Tomb Raider,Oblivion (GOTY) since they are on sale now next to AC IV:Black Flag.Also,about BF,is there any chance it will be on the sale,since there isn't even the "regular" discount?Yes,it did come a few months ago,but a discount would still be preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    I beat DMC 4 a LONG time ago on my 360, and repurchased it on the same platform 2-3 years ago. That game's REALLY hard to master, as I pretty much live in the "B" category for all level ratings. I wanted to try to get some Achievements on it, but they're BRUTAL if you're not great at the game, haha. I never played any of the others, but I beat that one and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I voted for Dead Space 2, forgetting that its successor was an Origin title, because I would have considered buying all 3 if they went on-sale. In hindsight, I woudl have voted for Devil May Cry, but I think that since I bought 4 games already (Dishonored, plus all 3 Deus Ex games), I woudl still pass on this one at $12.50, because I wouldn't expect myself to get to it before the summer, when there might have been a better sale. I have a LOT to finish on my 360, plus I'm planning to get more on PC.

I need a SSD just because I don't have one yet, but you don't have to install the game right now to buy it, you know. Just finish games and remove them as you get done, then move to the next, perhaps? IDK how a HDD-to-SSD transfer goes, but you could swap games between SSD and HDD based on activity, I suppose.

I need to figure out what this game is. I added it to my Wishlist, just in case, because people are so fond of it. I don't know if I'd buy it though, because I just don't know what the game is at all.

Like I said, I'm something of a completionist. I can't get myself to get BioShock Infinite because I can't convince myself to finish BioShock 2. I only bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut because the first 2 games were $1.75 each, and I intend to play them all. Since I can't get all 3 Crysis or Dead Space games, or both Dragon Age games, I can't convince myself to buy any of them. Without being able to play every game in the franchise (DMC 4 being the one time I broke tradition on that), I feel like I'm missing something, and it annoys me.
    You do realize that Bioshock Infinite has nothing to do with Bioshock 2, it's not even in the same time period. Completionist or not, kinda stupid if that's what holding you back...now if you didn't want to do the Rapture DLC for Infinite because you never finished 2, you might have a very slight argument, but the main story of Bioshock Infinite is a lot different than 1 or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    You do realize that Bioshock Infinite has nothing to do with Bioshock 2, it's not even in the same time period. Completionist or not, kinda stupid if that's what holding you back...now if you didn't want to do the Rapture DLC for Infinite because you never finished 2, you might have a very slight argument, but the main story of Bioshock Infinite is a lot different than 1 or 2.
    Maybe the reason they didn't finish 2 is because they didn't like the gameplay? I know I struggled to force myself to finish the first and Infinite, because while I enjoyed the art and narrative in the game, the I found the gameplay pretty dreadful : /

Here are yesterday's sales for anyone interested. Got busy and just now got a chance to post it. Will post today's in a few so I know it goes in a separate post for easier linking/viewing.

Daily Deals Day 3 (12/21/13):
    Name of Game………………................... Original Price………… Discounted/Sale Price
    Ace of Spades Battle Builder $14.99 $3.74 (75% off)
    Sleeping Dogs $24.99 $4.99 (80% off)
    Starforce $19.99 $9.99 (50% off)
    CS : GO $14.99 $3.74 (75% off)
    Forced $14.99 $7.49 (50% off)
    Age of Empires II: HD Edition $19.99 $4.99 (75% off)
    The Wolf Among Us $24.99 $16.74 (33% off)
    Dark Siders II $49.99 $9.99 (80% off)
    Star Wars II: Sith Lords $9.99 $4.99 (50% off)

Flash Sales Day 3/Round 1:
    The Binding of Isaac $4.99 $1.24 (75% off)
    XCOM Enemy Unknown $19.99 $9.99 (75% off)
    Craft the World $14.99 $10.04 (33% off)
    Deus Ex Director’s Cut $19.99 $4.99 (75% off)

Community Choices Day 3/Round 1:
    ……………………………………………………………………………... .......................…………………….
    Evochron Mercenary (60% off)
    Red Faction Guerilla (80% off)
    Zeno Clash II (75% off)

Flash Sales Day 3/Round 2:
    Need For Speed Hot Pursuit $19.99 $4.99 (75% off)
    3D Mark $24.99 $2.49 (90% off)
    Civilization V $29.99 $7.49 (75% off)
    Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures $14.99 $5.09 (66% off)

Community Choices Day 3/Round 2:
    Legend of Dungeon (85% off)
    Proteus (80% off)
    Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars (85% off)

Flash Sales Day 3/Round 3:
    Kerbal Space Program $26.99 $16.19 (40% off)
    The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot $19.99 $9.99 (50% off)
    Deponia $19.99 $1.99 (90% off)
    Sir, You are Being Hunted $19.99 $11.99 (40% off)

Community Choices Day 3/Round 3:
    Paranautical Activity (88% off)
    Machinarium (75% off)
    Qube (75% off)
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-12-23 at 02:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm theres something amusing about seeing the battlefield 2 complete collection on sale

well.. community choice anyway

i probably spent hundreds of hours playing it and actually bought the x-pack and booster packs (what the dlc was called) and id have to say its a game ive really enjoyed during its time since im sure people still play it but ofc most people moved on to other similair games or the eventual sequel

and the mount & blade collection is very tempting although the only people i know that have played it all say they prefer warband to the rest of em and after trying the demo a few months ago its a pretty fun game (except for the awkward horse riding :/)
    Last edited by Achaman; 2013-12-23 at 04:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well hello there Oblivion that I lost the CD to! I must buy you on steam because I like your story more than Skyrim's!

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Well hello there Oblivion that I lost the CD to! I must buy you on steam because I like your story more than Skyrim's!
    Bad Crissi. Get morrowind not oblivion :P

I have some money to spend and got Hard Reset And AoE II HD and TSW. I'm not really seeing a lot out there that I want that I don't already have.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad Crissi. Get morrowind not oblivion :P

I have some money to spend and got Hard Reset And AoE II HD and TSW. I'm not really seeing a lot out there that I want that I don't already have.
    If morrowind comes out on Steam, I will get it. I'm tired of losing half a million CDs

I'll also probably grab Ducktales (nostalgia!) and AVGNA (I wonder if he noticed that acronym looks like A Vagina?) Most of the games Im seeing that i wanted I got during the summer sale, like the Tomb Raider bundle.

If morrowind comes out on Steam, I will get it. I'm tired of losing half a million CDs

I'll also probably grab Ducktales (nostalgia!) and AVGNA (I wonder if he noticed that acronym looks like A Vagina?) Most of the games Im seeing that i wanted I got during the summer sale, like the Tomb Raider bundle.
    Ummm...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22320/

Its 50% off atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Been contemplating on Rogue Legacy all day, but I'll have till tomorrow to get it. I know many will say get it, I'm just not sure yet. You Don't Know Jack is another one I thought of just to toy around with and have a game just to screw with. Max Payne 3 was the other tossup, but grabbed Sleeping Dogs for now.

So far Sleeping Dogs and the Headhunter DLC is all I've bought other than the gifts I sent out to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    hmm theres something amusing about seeing the battlefield 2 complete collection on sale
    I'm wondering if it gets picked if the other titles will see a discount. Either way if it wins I might get it as I've never played one and might as well try it.

As pointed out above me, Morrowind is on Steam and unfortunately you just missed the Flash Sale of Ducktales earlier this morning. =/ If you can wait it might come back up as a sale again before it ends on the 3rd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do'h! Looks like Im buying that too!

Also, darn. Guess I'll wait. Been sleeping this sickness off all day. Steam, why u get me sick?

Daily Deals Day 4 (12/22/13):
    Name of Game………………............... Original Price………… Discounted/Sale Price
    Antichamber $19.99 $4.99 (75% off)
    The Witcher 2: Enhanced Ed $19.99 $4.99 (75% off)
    Crusader Kings II $39.99 $9.99 (75% off)
    Rogue Legacy $14.99 $4.94 (67% off)
    Tomb Raider $49.99 $9.99 (80% off)
    Dragon Age Origins $19.99 $4.99 (75% off)
    Oblivion: GotY $19.99 $4.99 (75% off)
    Max Payne 3 $19.99 $3.99 (80% off)
    Shadow Warrior $39.99 $9.99 (75% off)

Flash Sales Day 4/Round 1:
    La Mulana $14.99 $1.49 (90% off)
    Ducktales $14.99 $5.99 (60% off)
    Testament of Sherlock Holmes $19.99 $4.99 (75% off)
    Surgeon Simulator 2013 $9.99 $2.49 (75% off)

Community Choices Day 4/Round 1:
    ……………………………………………………………………………… …..............……………….
    The Walking Dead (75% off)
    Dead Space 2 (75% off)
    Devil May Cry (75% off)

Flash Sales Day 4/Round 2:
    Mount and Blade Collection $34.99 $6.99 (80% off)
    The Bridge $9.99 $1.49 (85% off)
    YDKJ Classic Pack Bundle $19.99 $4.99 (75% off)
    Strike Suit Zero $19.99 $4.99 (75% off)

Community Choices Day 4/Round 2:
    ……………………………………………………………………………… …..............……………….
    Star Wars Jedi Knight (40% off)
    Battlefield 2: Complete Collection (75% off)
    Duke Nukem 3D (80% off)

Flash Sales Day 4/Round 3:
    Eldritch $14.99 $2.99 (80% off)
    Awesomenauts $9.99 $2.49 (75% off)
    Garry's mod $9.99 $2.49 (75% off)
    Blackguards $24.99 $12.49 (50% off)

Community Choices Day 4/Round 3:
    ……………………………………………………………………………… ……………..............…….
    Solar 2 (80% off)
    Teleglitch Die More Edition (75% off)
    7 Grand Steps (70% off)
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-12-24 at 06:30 AM.