Page 50 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    Only things I bought so far are Terraria and Trials Gold. Im really glad I got Terraria really really fun, more then I thought it would be. Trials I have on Xbox but I wanted it on my computer...only to find out I have to install something called Uplay. Its bad enough I had to get Origin for BF3 but now I need another game launcher...great.

Oh and FF7 but that was given to me.
    I was a bit turned off buy needing Uplay for AC4 but it auto launches when you click play in steam and really isn't that more intrusive then a normal splash screen launcher that other games have.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Anyone recommend Dust: An Elysian Tale? Looks cool, looks pretty, on sale for really cheap.
    i spent 14 hours on that game, more then worth the price tag.
    also i didnt play on the highest difficulty so 14 hours or more there as well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    Orcs must die 2... is there much fun to be had out of it?
    ppl might disagree with me but i enjoyed 1 more then 2.
    they both great games but 1 was more fun imo
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

never played either of the portal games, so I bought portal 2 yesterday

a bit of a shame how short it is but overall it is pretty fun. I would love to see a game with similar mechanics but added features, maybe make it into an rpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    Only things I bought so far are Terraria and Trials Gold. Im really glad I got Terraria really really fun, more then I thought it would be. Trials I have on Xbox but I wanted it on my computer...only to find out I have to install something called Uplay. Its bad enough I had to get Origin for BF3 but now I need another game launcher...great.

Oh and FF7 but that was given to me.
    I'm sick of this stuff. Had to get Origin for Mass Effect trilogy, UPlay for Farcry 3 and sign up for Microsoft Live for Bioshock 2. I'm sure there is a way to bypass it all but I haven't looked into it yet. Might do some research about it tomorrow. I just bought your game why must I be exposed to the same ads you get from playing free 2 play game.

I guess I shouldn't be bitching about it. I just find it annoying. Blizzard does the same thing though with it's Battle.Net Desktop App that they are making mandatory.
    Last edited by Stevecow; 2013-12-29 at 06:39 AM.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    I'm sick of this stuff. Had to get Origin for Mass Effect trilogy, UPlay for Farcry 3 and sign up for Microsoft Live for Bioshock 2. I'm sure there is a way to bypass it all but I haven't looked into it yet. Might do some research about it tomorrow. I just bought your game why must I be exposed to the same ads you get from playing free 2 play game.

I guess I shouldn't be bitching about it. I just find it annoying. Blizzard does the same thing though with it's Battle.Net Desktop App that they are making mandatory.
    I wouldn't attempt to bypass it as one of the DRM providers could ban you for circumventing their DRM. As for Bioshock 2 it will probably be losing GFWL soon though as its service is shutdown next year and I think Bioshock 1 already removed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    Everyone wants to sell games on their own digital platform, as they don't have to split revenue with other storefronts then. On the bright side, GFWL (Microsoft) is dying in the near future, so there's one less hassle to deal with. Just always make sure you check any DRM for a game before you purchase it.

And I can't think of any F2P games that deliver ads through the game or even in the launcher, unless they're ads for the game itself or other games that the publisher publishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Everyone wants to sell games on their own digital platform, as they don't have to split revenue with other storefronts then. On the bright side, GFWL (Microsoft) is dying in the near future, so there's one less hassle to deal with. Just always make sure you check any DRM for a game before you purchase it.

And I can't think of any F2P games that deliver ads through the game or even in the launcher, unless they're ads for the game itself or other games that the publisher publishes.
    Something I just remembered and wanted to add to this. If you use the Chrome Browser get the addon "Enhanced Steam" it'll pop up a warning above the "Add to Cart" button letting you know if it needs additional DRM and if so what. There was one game I thought about getting but saw it needed Uplay and​ Tage (whatever that is)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    There was one game I thought about getting but saw it needed Uplay and​ Tage (whatever that is)
    Not only have I never heard of Tage, but I can't find a single thing on it through some causal googling >.> What the hell game was it even for? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not only have I never heard of Tage, but I can't find a single thing on it through some causal googling >.> What the hell game was it even for? >.>
    It was Anno 2070 as I thought about getting it for a friend. Here's an image:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2408301 -- Seems to have some complaints on it
    Apparently it's a DRM that ensures you are online, used by Ubisoft and can be a pain and requires activation (limited per month).

Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-12-29 at 09:21 AM.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2408301 -- Seems to have some complaints on it
    Apparently it's a DRM that ensures you are online, used by Ubisoft and can be a pain and requires activation (limited per month).

Can't say I've encountered this, I've also been able to play the game offline.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

They removed Tages in a patch post-launch IIRC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grabbed Alice: Madness Returns and Long Live the Queen. yays!

If you're looking for an ARPG, I can heartily recommend Titan Quest. Be sure to get the Gold version, and run the Immortal Throne application when you play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I need like 4 more snow globes :x

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If you're looking for an ARPG, I can heartily recommend Titan Quest. Be sure to get the Gold version, and run the Immortal Throne application when you play.
    I second this, though its not a popular game, this game is very bright and very similar to diablo 2.

Its an awesome game, very very fluid as well. Looks great for its age too

Daily Deals Day 10 (12/28/13):
    Name of Game……………………………… Original Price………… Discounted/Sale Price
    Godus $19.99 $9.99 (50% off)
    Brother's $14.99 $4.49 (70% off)
    Garry's Mod $9.99 $2.49 (75% off)
    Dust: An Elysian Tail $14.99 $3.74 (75% off)
    Saints Row IV $79.99 $31.79 (60% off)
    Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion $39.99 $9.99 (75% off)
    Simcity 4 Deluxe Edition $19.99 $4.99 (75% off)
    Deadpool $39.99 $9.99 (75% off)
    Torchlight II $19.99 $4.99 (75% off)

Flash Sales Day 10/Round 1:
    Rage $19.99 $2.49 (75% off)
    Shelter $9.99 $4.99 (75% off)
    Evoland $9.99 $2.49 (75% off)
    Gunpoint $9.99 $3.39 (66% off)

Community Choices Day 10/Round 1:
    ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
    Injustice: Gods Among Us (50% off)
    Divekick (75% off)
    King of Fighters XIII (66% off)

Flash Sales Day 10/Round 2:
    Farcry 3 $29.99 $7.49 (75% off)
    Gas Guzzlers Extreme $24.99 $8.49 (66% off)
    State of Decay $19.99 $9.99 (50% off)
    Spec Ops the Line $7.49 $29.99 (75% off)

Community Choices Day 10/Round 2:
    Skulls of the Shogun (75% off)
    Titan Quest (80% off)
    Volgarr The Viking (50% off)

Flash Sales Day 10/Round 3:
    Long Live The Queen $9.99 $4.99 (50% off)
    Alice Madness Returns $19.99 $4.99 (75% off)
    Beatbuddy $14.99 $1.49 (90% off)
    Starpoint Gemini 2 $22.99 $16.09 (30% off)

Community Choices Day 10/Round 3:
    Really Big Sky (80% off)
    PixelJunk Eden (90% off)
    Soundodger + (75% off)
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-12-29 at 10:46 AM.

Why does shit I want always come on flash sale when I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Why does shit I want always come on flash sale when I sleep.
    I'm embarrassed to admit that my sleeping patterns currently revolve around the resets of the community choice and flash sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vote for Really Big Sky! It looks like a fun shooter.

Also, totally not disappointed in Dust so far. Funny, and cool combat. Would work great as a 3d game too, would make for more exploration.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should be the prime example of why you should never use hughs net as a gamer (I dont have a choice). Nearly at my cap between 2am and 8am (the times my dad lets me download big ass crap) of 20 gigs and have to wait til the 19th of next month to download al this new stuff