Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I hope at least 25% of our abilities get removed. Some classes have far too many buttons. Actually my brother has been complaining about the ability bloat since TBC.

Ability bloat is definitely annoying on some of my alts. My main was a rogue (I was a hardcore progression raider) during WotLK. I quit for Cata and came back for MoP and all of a sudden I was overwhelmed by buttons... Crimson Tempest, Shadow Blades, all the new stealthed abilities, Smoke Bomb, mut spec adding Rupture to the rotation, Dispatch, making Shiv a more important keybind... and probably much more. Even just the fact that there are like 400 finishers baffles me. Having Envenom, Kidney Shot, Slice and Dice, Rupture, and Crimson Tempest on my bars is really too much on top of everything else.... Rogues aren't the worst class when it comes to ability bloat, but they're certainly "up there" when it comes to important abilities that NEED to be easily accessed.

Ability bloat is definitely a thing. I also feel that every class having an answer for anything any other class might do to them is a little absurd. Solution? Knock down the number of abilities to something like what we had at 60 or 70 and take some of those answers away in the process.

I hope Inquisition is one of the first paladin abilities to go. Something that is required for maximal DPS, is not instant cast, and has to be refreshed (now) every 60 seconds? What's the point? Fold it into something else, make it passive, make it baseline, or remove it.

*puts on party hat*

Medivh died or should i say, got killed by Kargath... then he resurected himself... well his death was like an exorcism. Sargeras was gone and Medivh is now something like a Prophet as you can see in WC3. He opened the Dark Portal, becuz Sargeras wanted him to do (he was posessed by him)because no race on Azeroth is able 2 bring the body of Sargeras to the surface. For this he needed the Orcs, a new race from an another world/planet. Well... i think that Medivh is going to play a big role in WoD nah i hope it.

The guy behind the guy, the one who actually planed this all for garrosh etc. ... im sure that the Burning leagion has its hands in there. Well maybe Nozdormu himself betreyd his people and starts to corrupt the timeline and at the end he is going to be Moruzond.

Woot? the red wedding kara version?

Ability Squish is easy to do. I have no idea why blizzard makes such a huge deal about it. Just scale back some of the buttons they have put in over the last two expansions. Do it gradually, take away some buttons from pvp. One Button or 2 Buttons. Then if it works do it for pve. Simple.

Deleted
    eventho there are too many buttons but I'd still like my blastwave back :P

What about Mages? They already have two buttons to press.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Krizak View Post
    To be fair, they might be considering Warcraft as a whole, not just World of Warcraft. Medivh was certainly around in Warcraft III. Despite being dead. (I never quite understood that.)
    He got ressed by his mum.

Deleted
    Aw yeah, abillity bloat, time to lose even more dots. And lol at the Soul Reaper fix, it should have been fixed in 5.0.

We'd like to improve our tagging rules for sure. Not convinced dot everything to get credit on all is the right design.

Are they kidding...? Since my WoW began stuttering with patch 5.4.1 I've been spending a LOT of time in GW2 now that I can play it at 60 fps thanks to upgraded comp, and that "dot Everything to get credit on all" is working pretty well I'd say...people are not afraid of losing cred, or wasting time fighting a mob they won't get cred for. Timeless Isle has tons of examples where people will run past fellow players in need if that player is fighting (and losing) against a mob that doesn't have shared tag.

Just get over the old and conflict-causing mechanics already, make it good for players to cooperate and come to the rescue...and yes, as sad as it may be, they won't go out of their way to do that unless they know they get something for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post
    Ability Squish is easy to do. I have no idea why blizzard makes such a huge deal about it. Just scale back some of the buttons they have put in over the last two expansions. Do it gradually, take away some buttons from pvp. One Button or 2 Buttons. Then if it works do it for pve. Simple.
    So in your mind, it doesn't also include rebalancing since the game has been balanced for some time around all abilities...?

It's easy in theory (which is all you got) but there's a bit more to it than just removing buttons from our ability journals.

Karazhan Restoration - Renamed to Medivh's Big Birthday Bash.
    Wut.

"Karazhan Restoration - Renamed to Medivh's Big Birthday Bash."

Blizzard as its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    We'd like to improve our tagging rules for sure. Not convinced dot everything to get credit on all is the right design.

Are they kidding...? Since my WoW began stuttering with patch 5.4.1 I've been spending a LOT of time in GW2 now that I can play it at 60 fps thanks to upgraded comp, and that "dot Everything to get credit on all" is working pretty well I'd say...people are not afraid of losing cred, or wasting time fighting a mob they won't get cred for. Timeless Isle has tons of examples where people will run past fellow players in need if that player is fighting (and losing) against a mob that doesn't have shared tag.

Just get over the old and conflict-causing mechanics already, make it good for players to cooperate and come to the rescue...and yes, as sad as it may be, they won't go out of their way to do that unless they know they get something for it.

So you would be okay with me dotting up every mob on timeless isle while you guys finish them off and getting just as much credit for it? Those people who run past others who are fighting a mob right now would just tag them and move on. That is far from helping eachother.
    Also who is still solo grinding on timeless isle? In a 5 man group you get at least 5x the coins and rep.

My game was also stuttering after that patch. It was because of an addon, in my case MoveAnything iirc. Did you try turning off your addons yet?
    It started stuttering everytime I started doing damage.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2013-11-26 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by torment3d View Post
    Ability bloat is definitely annoying on some of my alts. My main was a rogue (I was a hardcore progression raider) during WotLK. I quit for Cata and came back for MoP and all of a sudden I was overwhelmed by buttons... Crimson Tempest, Shadow Blades, all the new stealthed abilities, Smoke Bomb, mut spec adding Rupture to the rotation, Dispatch, making Shiv a more important keybind... and probably much more. Even just the fact that there are like 400 finishers baffles me. Having Envenom, Kidney Shot, Slice and Dice, Rupture, and Crimson Tempest on my bars is really too much on top of everything else.... Rogues aren't the worst class when it comes to ability bloat, but they're certainly "up there" when it comes to important abilities that NEED to be easily accessed.
    I am hoping the change to 20 man ´mythic´ mode can help with this. Like they said, they can now assume that every class is represented, which means there will be a lot less need to give the same ability to 4 different classes. I think a lot of the bloat with abilities is where they felt they needed to add important abilities to more than one class.

Should the winners not of been announced now? Not sure of the time difference but here its Tuesday night.

Maybe I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    Should the winners not of been announced now? Not sure of the time difference but here its Tuesday night.

Maybe I missed it.
    The news post was up before the contest ended.

Deleted
    Warrior damage not out of line.......lol.

They are ridiculous atm and this is from a pve perspective.