Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 5.4.2 PTR - Build 17614, Nov 25 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, Blue Tweets

Fey Dragon and Brew Pup Bundle Giveaway

Reaper of Souls Expansion Highlights: Adventure Mode, Bounties, Nephalem Rifts, Blood Shards and Gambling, Blue Posts

Weekly News Recap, 5,000 Beta Key Giveaway Reminder

Patch 5.4.2 PTR - Build 17614
    Build 17614 will be deployed to the PTR realms soon. The "Karazhan Restoration" phase was renamed to Medivh's Big Birthday Bash in this build. The cobwebs, skeletons, and chairs were also added back in, but the instance remains slightly modified.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Automated In-game Mail
    • Automated In-game Mail #401 - Your recruited friend!: Great news! Your recruited friend logged in during your absence with a character named .... Add this character to your friend list to see them next time they log in. Have fun, and happy hunting
    • Automated In-game Mail #402 - Your recruited friend!: Great news! Your recruited friend logged in during your absence with a character named ... on the realm named .... Add this character to your friend list to see them next time they log in. Have fun, and happy hunting

LFG Entry
    • LFG Entry #771 - Vale of Eternal Sorrows
    • LFG Entry #772 - Gates of Retribution
    • LFG Entry #773 - The Underhold
    • LFG Entry #774 - Downfall

Phases
    • Karazhan Restoration - Renamed to Medivh's Big Birthday Bash.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    • BLIZZARD_CHALLENGE_SCREEN_EXPLANATION - Only an authentic information request from Blizzard will create the blue screen effect with white outlines!
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_BROWSE_EUR - *Taxes Included
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_BUY_EUR - Select
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_FINAL_BUY_EUR - Pay Now
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_LICENSE_ACK_TEXT_ARS - User Acknowledgment: By clicking the Buy Now button below, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the terms and conditions regarding this transaction (including the Terms of Sale, Refund Policy, and Privacy Policy) and confirm this purchase. >
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_LICENSE_ACK_TEXT_AUD - User Acknowledgment: By clicking the Buy Now button below, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the terms and conditions regarding this transaction (including the Terms of Sale, Refund Policy, and Privacy Policy) and confirm this purchase. >
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_LICENSE_ACK_TEXT_BRL - User Acknowledgment: By clicking the Buy Now button below, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the terms and conditions regarding this transaction (including the Terms of Sale, Refund Policy, and Privacy Policy) and confirm this purchase. >
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_LICENSE_ACK_TEXT_CLP - User Acknowledgment: By clicking the Buy Now button below, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the terms and conditions regarding this transaction (including the Terms of Sale, Refund Policy, and Privacy Policy) and confirm this purchase. >
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_LICENSE_ACK_TEXT_EUR - User Acknowledgment: By clicking the Pay Now button below, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the terms and conditions regarding this transaction (including the Terms of Sale, Refund Policy, and Privacy Policy) and confirm this purchase. >
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_LICENSE_ACK_TEXT_GBP - User Acknowledgment: By clicking the Pay Now button below, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the terms and conditions regarding this transaction (including the Terms of Sale, Refund Policy, and Privacy Policy) and confirm this purchase. >
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_LICENSE_ACK_TEXT_MXN - User Acknowledgment: By clicking the Buy Now button below, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the terms and conditions regarding this transaction (including the Terms of Sale, Refund Policy, and Privacy Policy) and confirm this purchase. >
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_LICENSE_ACK_TEXT_RUB - User Acknowledgment: By clicking the Pay Now button below, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the terms and conditions regarding this transaction (including the Terms of Sale, Refund Policy, and Privacy Policy) and confirm this purchase. >
    • BLIZZARD_STORE_LICENSE_ACK_TEXT_USD - User Acknowledgment: By clicking the Buy Now button below, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the terms and conditions regarding this transaction (including the Terms of Sale, Refund Policy, and Privacy Policy) and confirm this purchase. >

Patch 5.4 Hotfixes - November 25
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Siege of Orgrimmar
      • Siegecrafter Blackfuse
        • Siegecrafter Blackfuse's Magnetic Lasso will now also pull character corpses that are on the conveyor belt to the main platform.
        • Resolved an issue during the Siegecrafter Blackfuse encounter where players dropping into the conveyor belt may sometimes take fatal fall damage.
        • Resolved an issue where destroying the last disassembled weapon right as it exits the conveyor belt may cause Siegecrafter Blackfuse to incorrectly gain the Energized Defensive Matrix effect.

Blue Posts
    Ability Squish
    We do feel that, at least for some classes, there are a few too many buttons to keep on your action bars. It's an issue we'd ultimately like to solve, but something we have to be very, very careful with.

It's easy to look at your bar, go "LOOKIT ALL DEM BUTTONS", and decide that some of them need to go. In fact, we agree. It's much more difficult -- even dangerous -- to decide exactly which abilities to get rid of. Generally speaking, if you have an ability keybound, it's probably at least fairly important to your class. Getting rid of abilities you don't have bound doesn't really fix anything, so that means that, in most cases, we're talking about cutting the important ones.

That's not to say it can't (or won't) be done, but it does mean it's a fairly large task. Depending on the ability, there could be a lot of rebalancing or restructuring needed to make sure the class is still functional and fun to play. Again, it's something we'd like to do, it's just a very involved process.

Something you didn't really touch on is how some abilities exist as flavour for the class. The last time this kind of ability trimming occurred, a lot of things we players took for fun and playing about wound up biting the bullet because they were seen as "unnecessary" (i.e. Hunter's Eyes of the Beast).
    True, and we want to avoid that. As I mentioned above, removing abilities you don't often use doesn't accomplish much. We often talk about this issue in terms of action bar space, but it's really keybind space that's the problem. One could make an argument that, say, Unending Breath could stand to be cut, but that's not something that's going to free up a keybind for the vast majority of Warlocks. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Patch 5.4.2 Warrior Changes
    We don't feel that Warrior damage output itself is the issue. It's strong, but not out of line compared to other classes. We think the issue lies with mobility, and the Warrior's ability to keep that constant pressure going. That's why we decided to revert the 5.4 Intervene change in 5.4.2 and move the root break back to Safeguard. Once we've had a chance to see how that affects things, we'll be able to decide if any further changes are necessary. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Reputation / Questing
    Why not take the leap into mounted combat using the tech from quests like The Drakkensryd from back in Wrath?
    It would take months of work to feel decent and not hacked in like it was in the (overall awesome) Drakkenryd quest. (Source)

Dailies are a grind because being able to use your class is not really a challenge anymore to ANYONE.
    I agree that's a problem when you start to overgear the content. Say Isle of Thunder at its launch still had challenging mobs. (Source)

With the success of the Warlock Green Fire quest chain, are you planning to add quest chains for other classes?
    If and when it makes sense. We like the feature overall but don't want it to become formulaic. (Source)

Technically questing is trivial. It's not hard and everyone can do it. It's simply a time sink until raiding.
    We could make WoW a game only about raiding. I don't think it would be as popular though. (Source)
    You know, the "heart and soul" thingie which is played by 5% of your players.
    I don't know where that number comes from. Raiding is very popular. But that doesn't mean all players raid. (Source)

Not the same as saying "okay but make it trivial for alts". Just reduce the restrictions since we've already done it all once.
    Why? Why is being able to click quest objects without fighting anything a better design than just skipping questing altogether? (Source)

Yet at max lvl, we won't be questing (no dailies at max lvl), so no real change from current flying design decision
    You will be out in the world doing stuff, more like Timeless Isle than Golden Lotus. (Source)
    But pls give to that T. Isle 2.0. some structure. Killing 2k Yaungols without the pacing/reward that a daily gave is boring.
    Yeah, it won't just be Timeless Isle 2.0. That's just an example of content that isn't just "Kill 10 mogu every day." (Source)

in WOD will we see more shared mob tagging outside of groups. Really like that in other games. Allow more impromptu grouping
    We'd like to improve our tagging rules for sure. Not convinced dot everything to get credit on all is the right design. (Source)
    Last edited by chaud; 2013-11-26 at 02:30 AM.

Really hope Medivh is finally coming back

LOL... They are so purposely messing with us for data mining with that one... Big Birthday Bash lol.

Happy Birthday, Medivh!

!Medivh's Big Birthday Bash!!!!

well....with that name change on the new Karazhan I am positive it is going to be a scenario now....way to fuck it up blizzard. way to fuck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyrial View Post
    LOL... They are so purposely messing with us for data mining with that one... Big Birthday Bash lol.
    lmao agree!

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I uh.. uh
    ...Happy Birthday?...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracbane View Post
    well....with that name change on the new Karazhan I am positive it is going to be a scenario now....way to fuck it up blizzard. way to fuck it up.
    Or it wasn't ever going to be and we took the bait hook line and sinker.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Trolled by Blizzard and I love it.

How does it fail to get trolled by Blizzard and you actually fell for it?

The "Karazhan Restoration" phase was renamed to Medivh's Big Birthday Bash in this build
    Happy Birthday to you. It's Karazhan mark 2. You look like an upgrade, and a plot device too!

Well, now. That points a lot more closely to "10th anniversary retro raid redux" than my other theory of "Medivh in alternate Azeroth's Karazhan is the final boss of the expansion."

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by sealtest View Post
    Really hope Medivh is finally coming back
    About that, Medivh was never really "in" the game to begin with it was a "Image" of him. Proof of that is in Kharazan.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecitadel View Post
    About that, Medivh was never really "in" the game to begin with it was a "Image" of him. Proof of that is in Kharazan.
    To be fair, they might be considering Warcraft as a whole, not just World of Warcraft. Medivh was certainly around in Warcraft III. Despite being dead. (I never quite understood that.)

Soul Reaper change should make Dancing Rune Weapon's version of Soul Reaper to actually do damage if it goes off after DRW disappears.

Probably not. It's not a new server, it's just an over lay of the existing Kharazan, most likely just phasing.

"Medivh's Big Birthday Bash"

That's got to be trolling after someone goofed with having that stuff on the PTR, surely.

It's Blizzard, not Nintendo.

some classes have too many abilities that do the same thing. that would be an easy first step in easing button bloat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecitadel View Post
    He was in Black Morass. Also, he was for sure in WC3, which is probably what the poster was referring to.