Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Soul of the Forest Revive

Talents

Soul of the Forest effect for Restoration Druids that gives 100% haste for the next spell no longer modifies the cast speed of Revive.
    Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ts-Blue-Tweets

About fkn time if you ask me. Resto Druids are already the best healer for pvp. They certainly dont need a 4-5 second cast revive in arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ts-Blue-Tweets

About fkn time if you ask me. Resto Druids are already the best healer for pvp. They certainly dont need a 4-5 second cast revive in arenas.
    Stop being such a whiney little bitch. The 5 sec cast ress comes at a cost, you completly loose treeform if you pick it.

Edit: infracted -- please don't flame other users.
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2013-11-26 at 09:20 AM.
    ^ I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bzl View Post
    Stop being such a whiney little bitch. The 5 sec cast ress comes at a cost, you completly loose treeform if you pick it.
    No good Druids take Tree form anyway aside from against very certain burst comps. Soul of the Forest is better 90% of the time.

As for the res thing, I don't really think it's that big of a deal. Good teams can stop res even if it is hasted, it's obvious when they're going for it and pretty easy to stop in 3s really. Don't see it being a massive change. Not like it's gonna make SotF weak or anything.

Really annoying, and yet another case of PvE players' lives being made more obnoxious for idiotic PvP reasons. The whole idea of having revive take ten seconds to cast was more or less outdated already when WoW was released. I get how a quick no-cooldown rez was overpowered in PvP, but do they really have to break it everywhere just to fix that?
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Really annoying, and yet another case of PvE players' lives being made more obnoxious for idiotic PvP reasons. The whole idea of having revive take ten seconds to cast was more or less outdated already when WoW was released. I get how a quick no-cooldown rez was overpowered in PvP, but do they really have to break it everywhere just to fix that?
    You're calling PvP balance idiotic while this change doesn't really affect anything substantial in any PvE situation, unless I've missed something big. What the.. ?
    Last edited by mmocb6730ad4ad; 2013-11-26 at 09:12 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    i barly ever use revice in pve, its always combat ress of mass ress
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    No good Druids take Tree form anyway aside from against very certain burst comps. Soul of the Forest is better 90% of the time.
    This I agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    As for the res thing, I don't really think it's that big of a deal. Good teams can stop res even if it is hasted, it's obvious when they're going for it and pretty easy to stop in 3s really. Don't see it being a massive change. Not like it's gonna make SotF weak or anything.
    This, not so much. Ive seen sotf-revive in ALOT of games lately. Both when playing myself (2300 mmr) and when watching rank1 players streaming (2500-2600+mmr)

Its not just as simple as "good players counters it". If it was, it wouldnt been hotfixed

Its just annoying to lose a nice pve perk because of pvp implications. Can't they just disable it when in arena or pvp flagged or something. Or you know, just make separate rules for pve and pvp like most folks have been asking for years. Le sigh...

As long as i can make 3.8sec mass resses, its all fine.

it should still work with mazz rezz for pve anyways and even then, when you include the the 2-2.5s it takes to swiftmend and rejuv, you haven't saved much time

anyways, glad to see this go, it was kind of ridiculous, especially on nagrand arena and WSG

Unbelievable... so people have to actually cast a 7+ second mass resurrection or out of combat resurrection in PvE like the rest of the classes have to... god forbid?

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Its just annoying to lose a nice pve perk because of pvp implications. Can't they just disable it when in arena or pvp flagged or something. Or you know, just make separate rules for pve and pvp like most folks have been asking for years. Le sigh...
    Are you seriously complaining about this? This was an accident in the first place. It changes nothing about pve at all. Literally you dont even need rez on your bars. Just mass res and rebirth.
    Last edited by tauntor; 2013-11-26 at 05:41 PM.

no, on progression, especially on fights where wipes happen on the start (remember heroic maloriak progression when your whole guild was like oh shit black magic phase then dies?) you'll find yourself throwing revive

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Unbelievable... so people have to actually cast a 7+ second mass resurrection or out of combat resurrection in PvE like the rest of the classes have to... god forbid?
    Aside from those using the 13136 haste breakpoint most druids are sitting as close to 3043 as possible. But yeah, very minor effect on pve to balance pvp a bit more.

Right, I'm just shocked that people are actually QQ'ing over a change that 1) does zero combat benefit for PvE, only removes a "cheese" in PvP, and 2) does not make quality of life out of combat any worse for druids, just puts them on par with every other resurrection class (and mass res) in game.

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    it should still work with mazz rezz for pve anyways and even then, when you include the the 2-2.5s it takes to swiftmend and rejuv, you haven't saved much time
    If you're single target rezzing, it's usually because someone was out of range of a mass rez (in which case you cast SM while moving to them) or because one or two people died on a fight (in which case someone probably needed to be healed anyway), so the time it takes to cast Swiftmend is usually irrelevant.

It's just an idiotic mechanic. You can't cast the spell in combat anyway, so what's the point of it having a ten second casting time? It feels like the old Gift of the Wild mechanic where you needed a reagent and had to cast it once on every group in the raid. It adds absolutely no gameplay and feels like it belongs in an RPG from 15 years ago where designers would just add spells without thinking too much about them. With SotF+Revive we finally got rid of that horribly outdated mechanic (at least to some degree), so of course it's going to feel annoying to go back to the inane default state of resurrections.

It's not that people are impatient and ten seconds is a long time. It's that the wait serves no purpose outside of arenas, which have always had their own rules for a lot of things anyway. It's like if you went into a store to buy something and the cashier stopped and stared at you for exactly ten seconds before accepting your money, every single time. Not because it achieved anything useful, but simply because that's how it's always been done.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

The cast time is for arenas. It also has a nice side effect of preventing insta rez in some other (world, trash, whatever) situations. Removing the cast time is less of a "time saver" than say removing Mass Rez debuff, maybe you should go advocate for that.

The cast time is for arenas. It also has a nice side effect of preventing insta rez in some other (world, trash, whatever) situations. Removing the cast time is less of a "time saver" than say removing Mass Rez debuff, maybe you should go advocate for that.
    It aims to "fix" this for arenas, but really it doest. If a team is dopy enough to let the opposing team ress for 5 seconds, then chances are they are going to let it happen (alltho it will probably happen fewer times, yes), on a 10 second ress. The difference seems to be 1 additional CC required to keep the resser out of combat.

But lets face it. Blizzard is dumbing stuff down for PvP'ers. This isnt the first time PvE takes a hit for PvP.
    ^ I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bzl View Post
    It aims to "fix" this for arenas, but really it doest. If a team is dopy enough to let the opposing team ress for 5 seconds, then chances are they are going to let it happen (alltho it will probably happen fewer times, yes), on a 10 second ress. The difference seems to be 1 additional CC required to keep the resser out of combat.

But lets face it. Blizzard is dumbing stuff down for PvP'ers. This isnt the first time PvE takes a hit for PvP.
    it was still op as fuck for arenas..

shadowmeld -> 3-4 sec res. ez.

even happened once to me in 2v2, my healer died, I killed his dps, and he cloned me (no trinket) and ressed.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.