Poll: Hardest Heroic boss?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    In 10 man, it would be something like -

Difficulty in terms of personal responsibility - Siegecrafter
    Difficulty in terms of amount of ways to fuck up and die - Paragons (even though I would rate this fight below the other two)
    Difficulty in terms of numbers - Garrosh

Garrosh would overall be harder than both of those by a mile. Siegecrafter is the most fun of the three fights though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blackfuse is a nightmare. The fight isn't easily overgeared and it's difficulty will vary based on raid comp (certain classes are just better for the belt plus some classes can make saws not spawn at all). So first it takes a lot of time to figure out what approach your group should take and then take time for everyone to learn how to react to various elements.

Just downed Blackfuse so can't really say anything about Garosh and just saw a bit of Klaxxi but many people say Garosh difficulty is lowered by gear a lot (that's why it's harder for 10mans as they gear up slower than 25mans) and Klaxxi isn't even half of the hassle as Blackfuse is (sure, they have a lot of abilities but they don't seem as opposite to each other as some things on Blackfuse)

Deleted
    Siegecrafter just irritates the hell out of me. Every week we still spend an 30-45 minutes on this nightmare. Klaxxi didn't take long at all. Not had many pulls on Garrosh due to 3 x badly timed holidays but we definitely seems like he has a hard gear check before we even begin. The damage from iron star alone is brutal.

Although I haven't killed Garrosh yet, I'd say Paragons is harder (25M). Maybe we've overgeared Blackfuse by now, but during Blackfuse progression and kill, it doesn't seem as complex as people said (although that might have something to do with mental preparation - we came in Blackfuse thinking "this is the hardest mechanical-wise boss here" and thought Paragons "this should be easier than Blackfuse according to people"). The hardest part of the Blackfuse fight for us were just making a belt team that won't randomly die to beam, everything else are very repetitive and basically a "follow the guy with the marker, move left with Sawblades and kite laser behind" - the moment we got to wave 11 without anyone in belt team died, we killed him shortly after, was even able to gearstomp and ignored Missile spawn.

For Paragons, you need more than 10 people knowing what to do, and have a lot more damage / 1 shot stuffs. Even now on farm, we've never one shot Paragon yet, and people still dying here and there stupidly...

Paragons > Siege > Garrosh on 25 man. Absolutely no discussion. Paragons is an absolute clusterfuck of possible fuckups, and far more punishing due to the limited space than its 10 man counterpart as far as I have both been told and observed :<.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Paragons > Siege > Garrosh on 25 man. Absolutely no discussion. Paragons is an absolute clusterfuck of possible fuckups, and far more punishing due to the limited space than its 10 man counterpart as far as I have both been told and observed :<.
    Sounds about right. Paragons on 10 is a bit of a joke as long as you have decent gear. It took my alts guild 1 night of raiding to get it down and it could've died halfway through. (the guild was world 230 when I joined and 2 days later we were world 80 with Klaxxi going down within the first hour of the raid the day after siegecrafter went down). Garrosh on the other hand is very setup depending (Do you have proper stuns, silences and burst dmg for the first transition) and obviously there's the adds in p3.

Siegecrafter Blackfuse and Paragons are about even in my eyes. In my experience both encounters are huge checks in personal awareness. Almost all the wipes I have experienced were caused by someone not paying attention to their screen.
    Last edited by Sobura; 2013-11-26 at 10:40 PM. Reason: grammar

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blackfuse has the added bonus of being a huge step up from Thok. After you kill him, Paragons won't surprise you with another jump in difficulty, so even if they are "harder", it won't be nearly as obvious.

Siege > garrosh > paragons for us on 10man hc, siege mainly because the time we reached it there wasn't a hell alot of info on it and working out the belt order that worked for us took us a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    In 10 man, it would be something like -

Difficulty in terms of personal responsibility - Siegecrafter
    Difficulty in terms of amount of ways to fuck up and die - Paragons (even though I would rate this fight below the other two)
    Difficulty in terms of numbers - Garrosh

Garrosh would overall be harder than both of those by a mile. Siegecrafter is the most fun of the three fights though.
    Pretty much my take on it as well - for 10 man.

One of the reasons Garrosh is harder imo, is the fight duration. It takes a lot of time to get to the last phase on a regular basis and there's a lot of wipes early on while learning. Paragons was easy compared to Siegecrafter and easier than Thok - for my guild that is. Thok is made a lot easier with double Paladin and Devo Aura though, so if you have a good setup for that, then it becomes much easier.

Garrosh is a dps check for sure and it makes you admire the people who managed to kill it with way less gear.

Are we talking about Garrosh with or without the dagger?

It was more like Garrosh=>Paragons>Siege for us, but Paragons was during Blizzcon which made comps difficult. Siege took like 75 pulls and we had no issues re-clearing.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Having the person still die and 3 ppl in the malice with immunities hardly makes the fight much harder. But anyway Garrosh is the longest fight, and the most tightly tuned one, overall it is by far the hardest, at least on 10-man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post

Without, is was fixed recently.

We had 97 wipes on Siegecrafter, 36 on Paragons, at 140~ on Garrosh atm.
    Last edited by dooble; 2013-11-27 at 01:51 AM.

Paragons for the sheer amount of terrible things that can fuck you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siorray View Post
    And difficulty on bosses changes from 10 to 25.
    no it doesnt

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valaras View Post
    Having the person still die and 3 ppl in the malice with immunities hardly makes the fight much harder. But anyway Garrosh is the longest fight, and the most tightly tuned one, overall it is by far the hardest, at least on 10-man.
    some of the 10man guilds that had killed it pre dagger nerf had to change the entire strat because they couldn't do it without daggers
    Last edited by cyqu; 2013-11-27 at 05:58 AM.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    no it doesnt

- - - Updated - - -

some of the 10man guilds that had killed it pre dagger nerf had to change the entire strat because they couldn't do it without daggers
    Really? You are gonna sit here and say that certain bosses are not harder on their 25 man version then 10 man? Try Paragons. Just like some bosses are harder on 10 man then their 25 man versions. To say the difficulty doesnt change is laughable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    no it doesnt
    Are you really that ignorant? Of course difficulty on bosses changes between size.