Poll: Hardest Heroic boss?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Garrosh is by far the hardest of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    He is trolling guys.
    It wouldnt suprise me if he wasnt. Someone in his guild, maybe him I cant remember, went on a rant about 10 vs 25 in one of the WoD mythic threads.

250 wipes so far on Blackfuse and not really close to a kill. Most wiped boss of the expansion so far. Not looking forward to Garrosh, at all.

I think almost everyone who is saying Blackfuse is either a.) wiping to him or b.) 10 man.

Paragons is probably the biggest clusterfuck of mechanics I've ever seen. Doesn't help that there are upwards of 50 of them in the same fight. Let alone an enrage that you will most likely be very close to even on the cleanest of kills in <575ilvl. I can probably count 10 things on that fight that can insta-gib you in less than a global if you make a stupid mistake.
    Last edited by Adsertif; 2013-11-27 at 05:59 PM.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Paragons > Siege > Garrosh on 25 man. Absolutely no discussion. Paragons is an absolute clusterfuck of possible fuckups, and far more punishing due to the limited space than its 10 man counterpart as far as I have both been told and observed :<.
    Sounds like theirs lots of discussion, given that no one really has said that so far

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    I think almost everyone who is saying Blackfuse is either a.) wiping to him or b.) 10 man.

Paragons is probably the biggest clusterfuck of mechanics I've ever seen. Doesn't help that there are upwards of 50 of them in the same fight. Let alone an enrage that you will most likely be very close to even on the cleanest of kills in <575ilvl. I can probably count 10 things on that fight that can insta-gib you in less than a global if you make a stupid mistake.
    I think all the people that say Blackfuse either A.) thinks hes harder B.) has a different opinion than you

Seriously, whats with all the people thinking their opinion on which boss is hardest is the end-all?

OT: Bit of a tie between paragons and blackfuse. Both fights have a ton of shit going on, 99.9% of which instantly kills you

10+ Year Old Account
    I found Blackfuse harder than the three mentioned so far. Mechanic wise, it was much more straining on placement of everything that if anyone died, it was almost over. Paragons isn't even worth mentioning because of all of the annoyance with the fight since PTR has brought about.
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

Quote Originally Posted by Jakesterwars View Post
    I found Blackfuse harder than the three mentioned so far. Mechanic wise, it was much more straining on placement of everything that if anyone died, it was almost over. Paragons isn't even worth mentioning because of all of the annoyance with the fight since PTR has brought about.
    Do we get a kill video now that Garrosh is dead...

10+ Year Old Account
    Working on one now babydoll. <3 Our video guy has been away.
    Tyranny

Of the top of my head, I think Blackfuse took us about 160 pulls, Paragons took about 180 and Garrosh took 192 for the first kill.

Talking from my perspective (25 man healer), I think that Blackfuse is clearly the easiest of the 3 bosses, but I obviously didn't have to deal with doing the belt or anything. Outside of the people doing the belt, there just really isn't anything particularly difficult about the boss. Proper positioning, not standing in stuff, DPSing mines before they blow up and moving to the correct spot with sawblades/lasers is really all there is to the main platform on that boss. The boss is also trivialized by gear more than say Paragons, and the fact that it is a sub-8 minute fight as opposed to 10+ minutes (Paragons) and 12+ minutes (Garrosh) makes it inherently more forgiving. I just really can't see any way that it is more difficult than the other 2 bosses.

Paragons is mostly just a massive mechanics awareness check with very little actual DPS/HPS requirements. It's almost impossible to fail the DPS check as long as you have everyone alive and 2+ battle rezzes when Hisek dies. The difficulty in Garrosh is both the DPS check and the overall length of the fight. P4 takes a number of pulls to master, but there are just so many things you can screw up and get killed by in P1-P3 (screwing up interrupts in the 1st transition, getting hit by fears in the second transition, poor movement/healing for empowered whirling that clean P4 attempts are fairly rare. It's a lot like Heroic Rag in that regard, just that Garrosh P4 is nowhere near as much of a clusterfuck as Rag P4.

Overall, I think the difficulty is Garrosh > Paragons >>>>> Blackfuse. However, Garrosh will probably become easier than Paragons with more gear or if they ever institute a zone nerf. I don't think that any of the 3 bosses is on the level of the most difficult heroic fights we have seen (i.e. LK, Yogg 0, Rag, Lei Shen) though.

10+ Year Old Account
    When we were first progressing on Siegecrafter i thought it was a pretty hard fight, but once your raid "gets it" its really not even hard. Garrosh is more in the same vein as Siege where its a tightly tuned numbers fight (damage/healing) but once you get your strat down and you have the dps/healing to make the checks its about execution and endurance than anything else.

With that said, Paragons is AIDS in boss form and is miles ahead of any other fight in terms of raw difficulty.

For 25 man if you can kill klaxxi you already have the gear/healing to take down garrosh, its just about what strat you use and your execution of that strat that matters from there on out.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh seems hard to us, typically the first intermission doing it before he hits 25 energy. Outside of that I can't see any barriers aside from the phase 3 burn and just having to endure 10 minute attempts in order to try out the last phase several times.

I'm sure once we do the first intermission with consistency that we will leap forward in actual progression on the boss.

Blackfuse seemed harder than Paragons for us (10 man). Blackfuse was hard because any individual slip up by a tank or the assembly line would equal a wipe instantly. Paragons on the other hand gave us much more progression time because someone dying didn't immediately mean a wipe.

I think all the people that say Blackfuse either A.) thinks hes harder B.) has a different opinion than you
    Thanks, I never knew that was the obvious reasoning behind it. Both aforementioned reasons exemplify completely plausible logic - A implies they haven't seen Paragons, B implies Blackfuse is indeed harder than Paragons on 10 man.

Seriously, what's with all the people being ignorant about your opinions? Oh well.

Last edited by Adsertif; 2013-11-28 at 12:53 AM.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Working on one now babydoll. <3 Our video guy has been away.
    I'm talking about your super secret Paragons strat that you guys had to hide logs and not post a kill video "until after Garrosh is dead".

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh that strat. If I show you that, I will have to kill you. I don't think either of us want that.
    Tyranny

Oh that strat. If I show you that, I will have to kill you. I don't think either of us want that.
    Hmmmm, worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know about this.

Im not sure whats with all the blackfuse hate but outside of the belts the fight is relatively easy

Paragons mechanically has the most difficulty imo. Of course this is from a 25 man PoV

What I hear from most people is Seigecrafter being very difficult and paragons being more obnoxious then difficult in 10 man.

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

Siegecrafter in 10 man is all about execution (and the belt team killing the weapon).
    Paragons in 10 man isn't really that bad, again mostly execution.
    Garrosh feels more like a pain in the ass, but the execution is the "easy" part.

The general problems we have are: Guy randomly getting gibbed by adds in P1.
    Not making making the energy limit in T1 or all 3 orbs spawning in the middle. We sometimes go from 20 energy on boss to 26. <3 crits?
    P2 at the start is probably the easiest phase of this fight. T2 isn't really that bad, just might get unlucky fears on the ground.
    P2 25+. Well, now you need to spread out for the whirls and kill your adds. Not that bad unless for some reason threat gets fucked up and 3 mobs run to your faded priest and one gets empowered on his way there.
    P3. Same as P2 25+. If you can beat the 2nd whirl it's a pretty easy phase.
    P4. Buggy iron star pathing (just randomly turns around for 2 seconds and then follows you again) and Malice #4.

From what I've heard and people have said here.
    10 mans -> Garrosh > Siege > Paragons.
    25 -> Paragons > Garrosh > Siege.

Blackfuse (WITH GEAR AVAILABLE DURING KILL I.E top 20 U.S kill) was the hardest encounter of this tier. Repeat kills are a joke and an extra reset of gear made the fight easier than Thok / Spoils IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Savedwow View Post
    Blackfuse (WITH GEAR AVAILABLE DURING KILL I.E top 20 U.S kill) was the hardest encounter of this tier. Repeat kills are a joke and an extra reset of gear made the fight easier than Thok / Spoils IMO.
    So west 64th (25) or 109th (10)? I don't get why people bother with separating EU & US, it's just WEST.

Deleted
    Garrosh(without kiting)>Paragons>Siege>Garrosh(with kiting)