Page 1 of 2
LastLast

General purpose of timeless isle?

I been doing mostly PVP this patch and moving back into some pve now. So from what i heard is that its a great place to farm gear for alts but what of a raider? Taking a quick look at the vendors it seems there wont be much use to farm coins or anything with the first useful item for non alt seems to be 50K coins. Now i don't know if these are worth farming for. I heard that going around looking for the chests is good but i only get like 50-200 at most per chest.

Not to mention there are probably others hunting them at the same time so they are probably rarely there even. Also what of this shaohao rep? Is it something worth repping for?

You can get full 535 gear besides wep/offhand and one trinket.

The chests are personal, you can loot them no matter what, regardless if you see someone else do it, they respawn within 1-2 seconds for you. Most can only be looted once on your character, some reset daily, and some reset weekly.

The rep is for buying coins with valor, or other items like one to teleport you to the isles.

TBH, You can easily get full 496 and start doing LFR SoO, then move into Flex/normal.

Nothing quite as disappoint in 5.4 as using an eternity upgrade on an item and getting some terribly optimized PoS. I had two legs in a row that were just awful so I never went back there again.

Rather just slug it out with crap LFR gear, should be find for lvling in WoD. Save a few months of wow sub and save that money for WoD

returning players and fresh 90 alts this late in the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Nothing quite as disappoint in 5.4 as using an eternity upgrade on an item and getting some terribly optimized PoS. I had two legs in a row that were just awful so I never went back there again.

Rather just slug it out with crap LFR gear, should be find for lvling in WoD. Save a few months of wow sub and save that money for WoD
    You can use another eternity on the same item and re-roll it as many times as you want. You can even use it for a month and reroll it later if your stat priority changes with gear or something. Don't need to keep getting new legs, just use burdens on the same ones
    Last edited by Extremity; 2013-11-28 at 03:45 PM. Reason: typo - is != it

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    You can use another eternity on the same item and re-roll it as many times as you want. You can even use it for a month and reroll is later if your stat priority changes with gear or something. Don't need to keep getting new legs, just use burdens on the same ones
    Yeah it was getting the burden that was the worst part of it. Takes too long, rng or grind = zzz. Don't need 535 loot to do anything special, so was trying to fill some holes in gear. But not quite worth the aggravation.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can use another eternity on the same item and re-roll it as many times as you want. You can even use it for a month and reroll is later if your stat priority changes with gear or something. Don't need to keep getting new legs, just use burdens on the same ones
    That's amazing, didn't know that myself Thanks for posting, very useful!

The purpose of Timeless Isle is to farm for Huolon, silly! :P

Whaaat?! So so many Timeless Coins wasted on keys to loot treasure chests in hope of neckpiece tokens... only to find the very few gotten rolling into +Expertise only neckpieces /sigh!

Ive been gearing an alt of mine lately. The price and drop rates for 535 items are just rediculos and the item u get is complete trash. I just used them to get my ilvl up so i could get into flex runs, people dont really check what u got, they just ask for ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    I beat the Isle last weekend, what now? Cinderfall?

Getting epics slammed in your face and of course the huolon mount.
    Since i got the huolon mount and exalted with shaoshao + the mount i never want to set one paw on that damned place ever again.

Deleted
    After you get the gear for your alts (and a year's worth of coins in the process), it serves no purpose whatsoever. Nothing interesting left there, just annoyingly tough mobs that keep charging at you if you try to skip them. Unless you are a fanatical rep grinder/mount collector. Kind of MoP in a nutshell...

To be fair, Timeless isle for me as a raider was quite a big failure. Just running around pointlessly and finding chests > looting some usless epics... well that didnt felt fun at all. The only thing that i actually enjoyed abit was the Shaohao rep grind...

I wish it was something like the Isle of Thunder dailies (but less) and also chests. I didnt felt any sense of progression on Timeless Isle...

I call it the Mindless Isle. It kept me busy for 18 hours (1 hours day) and if you were raiding a lot of normals or heroics in ToT you didn't need the gear either. Since we will be stuck with the Mindless Isle for probably 6 months its a complete fail for end game beyond gearing up easily.

Mindless Isle is also an example of what content will be like in WoD at end game. Lots of mario bros pilon jumps, rope mini games with a pay out of 20 mindless coins, lots of 'rares' (that spawn every 30 mins) to run to and from and a bare minimum of 2 weekly and 1 daily quest. People complained about the daily rep grinds and now we get the happy happy joy joy of a future made of the Mindless Isle content.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Damn, people love to whinge.

It's a challenge that doesn't require you to be raiding. You get some decent gear out of it. What's the problem? It's not like Blizzard is forcing you to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    Damn, people love to whinge.

It's a challenge that doesn't require you to be raiding. You get some decent gear out of it. What's the problem? It's not like Blizzard is forcing you to go there.
    What challenge? If this is a challenge I'd suggest against trying LFR. The problem is two fold, its not good end game content (and the same shit is being baked into WoD) that should keep us busy for more than 3 weeks and I don't go there except for tuesday when I go ring the loot bell on Ordos and Celestial. If it can't keep me occupied for more than 3 weeks then it is not entertaining me and if it is not entertaining me its a fail zone.

Running from rare to rare and chugging through Ordos mobs for 3-17 rep is not what I consider fun. They took valor gear out with the escuse that they wanted people wearing their LFR gear and then we got burden gear which drops off 'rares' and even frogs and catapillers can drop them and you still don't wear LFR gear if you are a LFR player. I preferred valor gear because it was the carrot on the stick that kept me valor capping every week and doing stuff to cap valor. Now I don't care about valor. I don't run the content because there is no reason to, I just do flex and raid.

Mindless Isle is crap for many reasons.

Oh, you got me... you got me good; this doesn't work (and how silly of me to actually think it would).

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    He drops crap! I mean, after the mount, of course.

What is the drop rate of mount?