Page 1 of 3
LastLast

When do you recommend to start Heroics? (10 Man)

So we're a real casual guild only raid 6-7 hours a week. We've farmed 11/14 quite a lot due to lack of healers on our realm but now we finally have a solid team. We're yet to clear normal due to the amount of hours we raid and people not turning up (small roster), but most our team are 558-562 item level now and don't want to bother clearing 11 bosses they don't particularly need.

As such they're all pushing to start Heroics (the first few seem simple enough, just a tight dps check). However, I have doubts as to whether our dps can pull the numbers to beat enrage timers especially if we take 3 healers as usual.

Full report of our latest 11/14 run here http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...zlu/dashboard/

Ignore the wipes my net was playing up and caused me to DC @ pulls or mid-fight which is pretty bad as MT :P Also 'Gavv' was our ele shamans alt he wanted to gear up. He can pull 240k + on his shaman usually (logged for malk/spoils/thok)

P.S Not sure why Immersus shows as a wipe that was the kill ^^
    Last edited by jijuiji; 2013-11-26 at 10:59 AM.

Deleted
    when you have killed garrosh you are ready to enter heroic, first several HC bosses are eassier than garrosh normal

We raid 5-6 hours a week and cleared normal by using an extension to kill garrosh. You could do the same for the last 3 bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Don't you need 14/14 to start heroics?

Anyways, once your average raid ilevel is 550-560 and you can comfortably one shot most bosses on normal you should start heroics. In my opinion, start with Heroic Norushen. He is by far the easiest, and if you have the DPS to kill him then you'll have zero issues with the majority of other bosses for a while.

Start with something like this:

Norushen -> Immerseus -> Galakras -> Fallen Protectors. You could do Galakras last so you don't need to wait for another lock out, but he's much easier than Protectors or Immerseus.

Yea a few of our raid members joined a PuG after our raid days to kill Garrosh so we are able to start HCs. @Raiju i did suggest extending our lockout so we can finally get our achievements but I think overall they are more keen to start HC bosses!

Quote Originally Posted by Moofarah View Post
    Yea a few of our raid members joined a PuG after our raid days to kill Garrosh so we are able to start HCs. @Raiju i did suggest extending our lockout so we can finally get our achievements but I think overall they are more keen to start HC bosses!
    You will gain a lot of tier from killing last 3 bosses, both siegecrafter and klaxxi are quick kills on normal. It's up to you in the end but 1 extend should guarantee at least those 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moofarah View Post
    You might want to HC and while I think its good that your members want to progress, you will have a hard time with the heroics if you already struggle at 11/14 normal

Quote Originally Posted by Gearshifter View Post
    You might want to HC and while I think its good that your members want to progress, you will have a hard time with the heroics if you already struggle at 11/14 normal
    We don't really struggle.. only attempts we've got on siegecrafter have been with 4 of our members missing. This week we only raided one night where we steamrolled 11/14 quite comfortably apart from when i got DC'd. That was 2 healing with 2 alt DPS.

But i get your point, I would prefer if we had the last 3 down before we started but I have 9 others to keep happy and interested!

Deleted
    If you 2 man heal Immerseus and your group isn't the best at flawless execution then expect that fight to actually be quite difficult. Don't listen to people who say everything is easy. If you have issues with 11/14 normal then try to write down(Your instinct is generally best for this) what your group's issues are, and go from there.

Deleted
    Some heroics are easier than others, but basically all heroics are more difficult than all normal modes. The difficulty is fairly linear through Siege of Orgrimmar with heroic Immersius being a bit harder than normal Garrosh. There's no harm in trying a few of the early heroic fights, but don't expect them to fall over easily if you have problems with any normal mode fight. I can second Norushen being the simplest fight on heroic.

U need at least 1 in the grp that have killed Garrosh on normal to do heroics. In my guild we killed Immersesus HC before we killed Garrosh on normal (We had a guildie managed to pug Garrosh the week before). If ure struggling to clear to Garrosh i wouldnt recomend going for Heroics tbh.

And a, u got healing player probs just like we do. Ure gonna need 3 GREAT healers for some fights on Heroics

Immer is 3 healer fight unless u have killed it a few times then 2 might work aswell
    Protector is also 3 healers
    Noru is 2
    Pride is 2
    Gala is also 2 but ure gonna need a player that can heal with a DPS spec to go into the tower(need 2 healers down at the ground and with 3 healers u wont make the dps requirements)

I would say Norushen is the easiest of em, basicly the same as on normal
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2013-11-26 at 01:05 PM.

For my guild (raid 7-8 hours a week) we decided that we should down Garrosh normal before even thinking of Heroics. Same situation that you guys where in.

Garrosh took us something like 40 pull.
    Immerseus took us around 80 pulls (and we still wipe up to 10 times a week)
    The Fallen Protectors around 20 pulls
    Norushen 3 pulls
    Sha of Pride (20 pulls and counting)

Norushen was actually really simple if you have the DPS (we 3 healed it our first kill) And is not mechanically challenging at all. (no difference from normal)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I raid with an incredibly casual group(4 hours a week) and we cleared normal weeks ago. Clear normals before you worry about heroics.

You're so great. That must have really helped the OP.

Deleted
    If you have 3 healers start from immersus, if you only have 2 healers, go for norushen and sha. Imho those 4 bosses (in hc) are easier than garrosh normal (at least with your current gear). Norushen (after the nerf from first week) is exactly as normal, so do not hesitate to try it, free loot!

When you have 14/14 Normal mode, obviously?
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Gala is also 2 but ure gonna need a player that can heal with a DPS spec to go into the tower(need 2 healers down at the ground and with 3 healers u wont make the dps requirements)
    Just make sure the people on the ground are ready to use personal cd's/healthstones roughly from the start of the first tower boss to when the drakes are shot down.

i really admire determination to start hc progress but dont expect bosses to fall over in front of you like some people here describe -_- escpecially if OP's guild is stuck on 11/14 N -_- it iwll be more likely that hc immersueus gonna wipe floor with u and maybe maybe ull have a good shot on norushen as long as ur dps can make the berserk timer -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    this is not 100% correct as we two healed this fight with a holy pally (on the tower team) and a resto druid on the ground healing didn't seem to be too much of an issue, we had the holly pally stay up till several drakes were shot down as he kept getting an abnormal about of attention from them otherwise. The only class we had that could off heal was a shadow priest but he was busy doing the door mobs on the 2nd tower.

The people saying that the early heroics are "easy" are the ones who are generally on par with you progression wise, except they're 11/14 in heroic. As you can see from someone's post in here, Immerseus takes some groups well over 50+ wipes. When we killed Garrosh for the first time a couple weeks ago, judging by some of the posts in here, I somewhat expected to faceroll at least up until Sha. Immerseus took 20 with about 2 hours of work, Protectors seemed a bit easier, but still took 15-20 attempts. Norushen, on the other hand, was a 2-shot, with the first being a wipe at <1% to enrage with 3 healers. Judging by your logs, you're not going to have the DPS to 3 heal it, so you're gonna need to drop down to 2, which might be a problem since you said you typically take 3.

The point is, don't worry about where your group is in comparison with everyone else. Focus your efforts towards getting the last 3 bosses down and getting some nice tier, trinkets and weapons in the process. If you can't finish normal, you're not going to be able to do heroics at any reasonable pace with the possible exception of Norushen.

If i were you i'd reclear on normal to kill garrosh, but swap to heroic on norushen and give it a couple pulls, as it's exactly the same boss on normal and heroic, and tbh if DPS is an issue on norushen heroic (say ~20% hp left on enrage) with proper execution you have almost no chance of downing garrosh. Also downing your first heroic will give you a confidence boost, and that always helps.