Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Anyone who says WE is a viable tank is wrong.

Why are we even discussing this...
    Let him cast on his own for a few minutest, instantly pull threat upon critting. Great tank, yeaaaaaa.

Deleted
    Better get rid of the pet, don't like it at all

But well, i would rather see a L90 talents revamp than everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I could agree that Arcane Elemental type pet for the Arcane spec would be nice, however any other pet wouldn't make sense for a Mage. Unless you want to go poke around with Shamans.
    Considering Mages manufacture their own elementals directly out of the elements instead of summoning real ones from the planes (I think? Sources seem to vary on this really, it's probably both) we could get away with a fire elemental that used a different model I think.
    Maybe they dancing fire Draenei, or just a fiery mirror image.

A spell that left burning duplicates that walk towards a target and blow up would be cool but not really a pet

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    A spell that left burning duplicates that walk towards a target and blow up would be cool but not really a pet
    Then it's just Shadowy Apparition 2.0.

I'm willing to bet that most of these people who post in here would think twice about a pet for Fire/Arc after they play with a Water Elemental in a raid. Between it randomly dying, despawning and the WE glyph bugging it out I despise that filthy elemental.

Deleted
    People, we should think outside of the box. All that we say here is something other classes want but we dont want to play that class for some reason like tank pets of the warlocks.
    As a Mage we must get something that is ours alone and other classes to desire like Alter time or some Chrono stuff. As the new expand is in the past or our future that is in the past of the world (dont start the time paradox war now please), we should be the masters of time/WoD. May be inspired but resent Doctor Who 50th anniversary but a TimeLord is a very cool title for a mage. See what he is doing with a sonic screwdriver and clever use of Alter time... we have Fireball and Arcane missiles.

Think out of the box Wizards !

Quote Originally Posted by Mephalia View Post
    People, we should think outside of the box. All that we say here is something other classes want but we dont want to play that class for some reason like tank pets of the warlocks.

As a Mage we must get something that is ours alone and other classes to desire like Alter time or some Chrono stuff....

Think out of the box Wizards !
    Well, first off, there are people saying things that they want, not just referring to other classes. Sure, it's in the box, but having a real opportunity to use the +5 yards to blink glyph on my mage again is something unique to mages.

Regarding chrono magic... I hate it. I've never liked time magic, I've never liked time travel in stories, it's very hard to implement well, and unless we resurrected Kurt Vonnegut to design a time magic class, it isn't going to happen in wow. Frankly, I wish they would just remove anything that has to do with time or chrono magic.

I'm a fire mage. I like hurling big firey balls of fire at my enemies to melt their faces. Fire mage during cataclysm was held up as a pinnacle of great game design. I don't need to think out of the box - wow had the absolute most fun fire wizard that I've ever played in any video game, and I always play a fire mage/wizard/hurler in every game that allows me to.

And in one expansion, it went from literally the best design, to the worst design, in the entire game. Well... there's a couple of specs that could arguably be seen as worse, like MM hunters and guardian druids, but the point is, we had the most fun spec ever, and it was trashed.

Also, regarding outside the box - "mage" (or "wizard") is one of the base foundational classes of D&D. If I wanted outside the box, I'd be playing a monk or a death knight, something a bit more unique to wow. "Outside the box" is how we get clunky mechanics like alter time and frost bomb.

Actually, Frost Bomb isn't the clunky one. It's a great talent but it just needs tweaked. But that's a topic for another day.

10+ Year Old Account
    This coming reset I will use frostbomb on -every- fight and share with all of you my logs.