Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Now I get to debate whether or not it's going to be worth it to craft ascended armor.
    It is going to cost over 200g just to level the profession, so unless you have money - NO.

Also new healing skill? That's it? Talk about boring. Add skills that effect gameplay :l
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It is going to cost over 200g just to level the profession, so unless you have money - NO.
    I never leveled up any of my weapon crafting much past 400 (I did gain 2 levels just making blue quality items), so I'm not quite sure how it works. At 450 can't you get experience for transmuting the copious amounts of ascended materials the game throws at you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I never leveled up any of my weapon crafting much past 400 (I did gain 2 levels just making blue quality items), so I'm not quite sure how it works. At 450 can't you get experience for transmuting the copious amounts of ascended materials the game throws at you?
    No, those only work till 450 afaik.

Very annoying.

There's also a limit to the ones that do go up to 500 of 1transmute/day, so if you're willing to take 25days to level your craft, that's an option I guess.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-12-04 at 04:49 PM.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Up to 475 actually, then just make a couple of exotics (discovery is best) and *poof* it's done.

The guide on gw2crafts.net greatly overstates the cost.
    Valar morghulis

No it doesn't, lol.
    It uses active spidy data to get the cost IF YOU BUY ALL MATERIALS and SELL w/e you can sell.

The cost is probably even higher since it gets the price of the cheapest mat and does that * amount you need while it's possible that you only get 1 that costs 20s less than the 14others.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, I did weaponsmithing in one afternoon and it cost me ~60g.
    Valar morghulis

all of this ascended gear crap just turns me off from the game

nothing I can do about it I guess but just don't like it at all

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    did you buy all mats?

I agree doozer, it's been a year of knowing about asc gear and I'm still not over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    is the gear and fluff thing to make pets back as ive had 450 gears in my inventory and two of the blueprint like things since last x-mas :/

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    No, those only work till 450 afaik.

Very annoying.

There's also a limit to the ones that do go up to 500 of 1transmute/day, so if you're willing to take 25days to level your craft, that's an option I guess.
    Oh nice, I thought I had to level to 450 before I could do anything with ascended mats, and 25 days is actually a lot shorter time frame than I thought.

Is it once per day per account though? Or can I transmute something per craft?

1/day/account

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Hm if I can do it with that little money, I'd consider it. How did you do this? Did you have all mats already?

Just real quick so this argument doesn't start again... yes if you already have mats and you use them to level instead of selling them technically you lost out on the money you could have made selling the mats instead. Thanks I don't think anyone honestly wants to have that debate again

Silverbleed, You can do it with very low gold contribution. It just takes more time. Iirc the only mats you have to buy are the Thermowhosywhatsit Reagents (from crafting vendors) and Augur Stoned from Myani.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    Hm if I can do it with that little money, I'd consider it. How did you do this? Did you have all mats already?
    By farming mats yourself and buying the bare minimum from vendors.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Honestly, I don't mind them making craftable Ascended gear. Hell, I'd be fine if they wanted to add craftable Legendary gear. What's important to me is that they DO NOT BREAK THE GEAR CEILING. As long as Ascended and Legendary remain the highest quality, we're cool.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Honestly, I don't mind them making craftable Ascended gear. Hell, I'd be fine if they wanted to add craftable Legendary gear. What's important to me is that they DO NOT BREAK THE GEAR CEILING. As long as Ascended and Legendary remain the highest quality, we're cool.
    Exactly. Ascended gear would've been better, IMO, if it was just exotic gear with infusion slots, but whats done is done - and the addition of some slots almost makes it necessary for the inclusion of all slots. As long as Ascended/Legendary gear is the cap (and a long-term goal to strive for), I'll have no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    By farming mats yourself and buying the bare minimum from vendors.
    I might consider looking into it, since I still need the precursor and I understood you can craft it in the future? But only with ascended?

All of this is very interesting but... how is no one commenting on the arctic fox looks like corgi thing? It's super important guys!

- - - Updated - - -

I might consider looking into it, since I still need the precursor and I understood you can craft it in the future? But only with ascended?
    They are working on some crafting/quest/story thing to make precursors. But they haven't said exactly what the method will be and they haven't said when they are going to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    All of this is very interesting but... how is no one commenting on the arctic fox looks like corgi thing? It's super important guys!

- - - Updated - - -

They are working on some crafting/quest/story thing to make precursors. But they haven't said exactly what the method will be and they haven't said when they are going to do it.
    What if i told you it's none of the others arlee?! there will be another way to make precursors that involve training dogs to unburrow pieces of sets!
    Ok who am I trying to impress, there were some statements from anet that the way to get it would be a scavenger hunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the ectos but I factored that in.

The problem with using the gw2crafts.net site is that it doesn't consider the crafting of the ascended weapon at the end of the process - it only looks at creating exotics that you can sell at the end. So things like making the bloodstone bricks which only cost 15s vs creating an exotic weapon which is like 8g.

I suggest starting the process by looking at the components you will need for your ascended weapon and weave those in to get the best cost.
    Valar morghulis