Fiddle jungle - Max Q or W first?

I haven't really found a jungling champ I like and my surprise party skin is to op

My reasoning for maxing q first is to get stupid fears. My w for sustain. I assume max e last unless going for jungle clear.

While on the topic of what to max first, what do you max first on nunu jungle? Consume or Snowball?

I generally go W-E-Q-W-Q-R-max E-max Q

When ganking, you really don't have much opportunity to drain them and rank 2 drain is all you need to get back to full.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fiddle you should max W or E first, Q second. You should focus on your ability to clear first. The one you max depends on how you want to jungle. If you want to speed clear and gank a lot, max E. If you want to farm forever and solo dragon, level W.

What you max on Nunu is a similar situation. If you want to just farm and ruin the other junglers life, max Q. If you want to be more gank oriented you max E. That said, you should probably always max Q since counter-jungling is Nunu's strength and the only reason you should pick him over another jungler.

Deleted
    I've always went W - E - W - Q - W - R. Then R>W>Q>E.

Not really played him after the pre-season patch but I used to have my first clear down to a tee. The damage from you W is your main damage output other than your R and gives amazing sustain even in heavy team fights. Q you want to max second for the broken fear and E is really just a silence which is quite unreliable when creep are involved in fights.

It does impact your clear speed by not maxing E first, sometimes your stuck just auto attacking monsters for what seems like an infinite amount of time however if you max your W the damage you get off in combo with your fear and ult is insane. Plus anyone who stands close enough to you who has no ignite or knock up/stun such as an underfed melee champ, is gonna have a bad time.
    Last edited by mmoc6d00db7716; 2013-11-27 at 09:36 PM.

It also depends on how you want to gank. If you have carries (I.E Jax top for instance) I max Q first. The longer fear mixed with their CC is insane. With a Zac once I Q feared, then silenced him while Zac flew in, knocked him up, then slowed him. With Jax's, especially towards level 6 with ultimates, I've noticed people will die IN the fear.

If you want kills then don't max Q first. But Fiddle Fear is easily still one of the best CC abilities in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    If you want kills then don't max Q first. But Fiddle Fear is easily still one of the best CC abilities in the game.
    Simply the best, there is no contender :P Sure, Rammus' taunt is same duration max rank but it leaves someone hitting you and it's shorter range.

It really depends on how the lanes are going. If they are being pushed and you can gank for them I max Q first. If they are pushing and don't really need help, I will max E first. Basically if you want to gank go with Q if you want to just farm like crazy go with E.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prioritize W if they have an active counterjungler who can't easily cancel it; having 2-3 ranks can be the difference between giving lee sin an early advantage. It's important to max not only for the damage, but for the cooldown to keep your heal up. If I'm going to be actively ganking, which is based on the matchups in lane (they have few escapes and CC and we have laners who can catch them), I'm going to maximize fear after 2 ranks in drain. If I expect it to be fairly balanced, I alternate between them.

Overall, I never max E first; put one rank at level 2 and then get the others up all the way. His kit is designed for consistent strong ganks if you coordinate with your team; fear lockdown extended by the silence if you time it perfectly, with or without an ult that all but ensures you get a kill if you plan it correctly. He just isn't a champ that you sit back in the jungle and methodically clear every camp, and only gank if it's convenient. The faster you can get their front line of towers down, the stronger your ganks will be because it opens up the map and allows you for more opportunities to ult into a fight. Also, soloing dragon when their team is pressed back is pretty important for him.