Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I spent a lot of time going on top of Ironforge to the flag memorial (hard to get to) or showing guildies the shortcuts through MC for the attunement quest. Finding rare pets on my hunter and also taming others for their abilities then abandoning them so I could teach the skills to my other pets. I dont have any nostalgic memories about times before mounts or flying, that SUCKED. Running all the way to the dungeon, no summoning stone, had to spam general or do a /who of whatever class you needed and whispered every available person, it was horrible. I get so tired of all this immersion talk, seriously? If you want immersion and really think flying mounts, lfg and all these hard sought necessities (no tbc wrath or cata babies need apply) then role on a RP server and don't use them. You like no flying until the first major content patch in WOD? That makes you feel more immersed? How does bullets and guns not one shotting people, or creatures the size of titans not turning you into dust as soon as look at you, bosses that conveniently ignore an entire raid to attack one person that they should be able to smack through the wall, how is that immersion? This is a video game people, its not meant to be realistic.

Deleted
    beeing hunted by son of arugal&co. in whole silverpine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kallekaka View Post
    exploring. Going where you werent supposed to go. Epic shit.
    oh yes I did this A LOT old ironforge, beneath kara tower, bengal tiger cave, secret house in elwynn oh dear <3

going to the warsong portal pre mount, and on the way facing my first ever horde Tauren, warrior vs warrior.
    it wasnt much just facing eachother n using skills as if we were taking turns Lol.
    survived though xD
    cant recall if he was lower or same level

Deleted
    39 people erupting on ventrilo after being deathly silent for our first ragnaros kill.

I remember the DM (Dire Maul) run that won me a libram that got sold instantly for my epic mount.
    I remember STV ganks - both as a gankee and a ganker
    I remember the feel of actually exploring an area and looking out for its dangers

T'was good, t'was unique

taking a shit load of fly path is very very immersive

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and pre-flying in Kalimdor running all the way down past sithilus and finding an unused orc-ish farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Running to badlands as Horde through Alliance territory, just to get to quest there. It was an epic adventure, just like running through Ashenvale for the first time to get to Zoram'gar. Or running through Darkshore with 3 raid groups, on our way to raid the barrens at level 20, in beta.

It was oh so fun to get dismounted by water in dustwallow marsh, and get ganked by elites

Exporation!

Watching Dopefish exploration the movie, and Nogg-aholic and was in awe. Then tried get to alot of the places myself.

Hyjal, Caverns of Time, Old IF, Under stormwind, "Outland" or whatever the fuck from instanced Deadmines, IF airport by wallwalking, Azhara crater, you name it.

Some places i could not get to tho, since I was neither a model changer or played on any private servers with the ability to teleport. Every place I have been, I went to on either Live servers or PTR, did alot on PTR since I was afraid of getting banned ^^

Now im neither a hater nor a lover for flying mounts, but one thing that I found awsome was exploring, which got ruined by flying mounts.

"You may clip our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly."

exploring. Going where you werent supposed to go. Epic shit.
    Some people near winterspring:
    -jump!!
    -I can't, that damn thing!!
    -Just duel and fear chain me plis!!
    -Shut up, use eng. trinket!!! I jumped this without anything!!
    -etc...(with some trash talks).

After few minutes:
    (all people at the same time near Nordrassil...)
    -THAT's FUCKING EPIC!!! (and all of take a screen near the lighning fence).

P.D: Awesome, just awesome!!!!

Somehow back then there was so much more to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    oh yes I did this A LOT old ironforge, beneath kara tower, bengal tiger cave, secret house in elwynn oh dear <3
    Jumping from unfinished MH, clearing Felwood and touching down gently right next to the flight master in Auberdine 8) I got VERY lucky with my random Noggenfogger effects!

Less so my guildie, who smacked into a tree in Darkshore

Young Human Paladin, getting a quest to deliver in Astranaar in Ashenvale... Remember running from Theramore through The Barrens into Ashenvale... Remember that as soon as I entered The Barrens just by the burned out inn there was high level Tauren that ganked me the first time and then emoting me to flee. Crossing the whole Barrens was truly epic!

And then in Astranaar that gigantic destroyed statue south of it. I remember taking tons of screenshots of it. :P

Nostalgic? There is nothing nostalgic about grind in EPL or Silithus. Just a terrible nightmare memories.

What about Tarren Mill pvp or Crossroads pvp... oh man that was fun.

I miss world pvp

Deleted
    Getting the epic mount and first thing was doing the infamous Darnassus -> Ironforge run on foot again, followed by doing it on the epic mount, just to get to really feel how fast it is.
    Glorious.

weekly, battles from cenarion hold to aq 40, it got to the point our raid would meet at gadgeztan, fly over to C.hold and then all 40 of us would go the raid as a pack, and still get wiped occasionally by the 3 super guilds of the server.

10+ Year Old Account
    The walk from Ravenholm to Duskwood took 4.5 minutes.
    Yes I actually measured it once.

Some people near winterspring:
    -jump!!
    -I can't, that damn thing!!
    -Just duel and fear chain me plis!!
    -Shut up, use eng. trinket!!! I jumped this without anything!!
    -etc...(with some trash talks).

After few minutes:
    (all people at the same time near Nordrassil...)
    -THAT's FUCKING EPIC!!! (and all of take a screen near the lighning fence).

P.D: Awesome, just awesome!!!!

Wall jumping was epic.