Poll: Do you prefer Dailies or Timeless Isle?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish there had been a poll option for a mix of both. That would have been my vote.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I want a randomized set of dailies in a Timeless Isle-like environment.
    Have enough dailies so you only realistically see a repeat of them once or twice a week.
    Additionally, make it so turning in one of those dailies has a chance to spawn an event like the Beer event in Old Pi'jiu.

I didnt vote on your poll since I think neither are dull. I'd like to see a combination of both, done in a smart way.
    I like this idea. I enjoy the Timeless Isle but I'd like a combo of randomized dailies in a Timeless Isle setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Prefer a mix of both. A Timeless Isle sized area with some sort of episodic daily quest line like 5.1 and 5.2 would be perfect. Get the best of both worlds.

Dailies on their own are bleh while purely open ended areas like Timeless Isle have even more limited shelf life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Timeless Isle was garbage, running around "exploring" an island the size of a postage stamp and farming frogs and snakes and shit like it's EverQuest in 1999. If that's the sort of "amazing open world content" they're restricting my flying for in WoD, they can suck my dick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Timeless isle is LAME!!
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    I really dont get the Timeless Isle. For me its just an Island where you can farm your equip to catch up, which was solved in Wotlk by the last three Dungeons, same in Cata with the Twilight thing...

Timeless Isle is a nice Idea but i really dont get why people would spend time there after they had their ilvl 496 stuff and grinded xp for the emperor( if youd like so. i personally didnt)

Choose your repetition!

I would much have something like Rift's Instant Adventures. For those that don't know they are dynamic and scaling quests that happen out in the world usually with a few smaller quests leading to some sort of boss fight quest. Because they scale, on a slow day it may just be 1 or 2 people or it could be a massive group. It is still repetition, but is hidden better, it happens out in the world across different zones and different regions within a zone and that also helps with the variety, and it helps lessen that situation where you just run in circles doing the same dailies in the same zone every single day. They are drop in and drop out, sometimes people even talk!, and you can do them even when you only have a short amount of time to play. They teleport to where they are happening when you queue but you can also join dynamically without queuing if one happens to be going on near where you are doing something. Don't get me wrong it isn't the end all be all, but it is a hell of a lot more interesting than dailies or running around in circles killing rares over and over.

I'd say you need a mix of both. I think dailies should be weeklies and instead of farming BoP currencies by the 10-1000 per drop it should be reputation based signet drops. I loved the Aldor/Scryer way of gaining rep. It let you set your own pace and always gave you something to do. I think that the signet based drops need to have no cap on amount that can be turned in but also requiring a significant amount to increase max reputation. I also think that levels of reputation need to be harder to get/take more time, but reputation should acutally mean something. I wasn't a big fan of grinding tons of dailies only to have access to some LFR quality craftable gear that required its own grind. It wasn't the time spent so much as it was the fact that I kept hitting caps on my level of progression.

If I want to log on a spend my whole play session grinding rep items then I should be able to with no limits. It should take a long time and/or effort but it should also reward the same as someone who spends play time in other areas. All areas of the game should have progressive levels of difficulty or effort required but should also have rewards that don't make those involved feel like second class citizens to others who play other aspects of the game. Hell, make it so that at Revered with a hypothetical faction I get access to a phased area full of elite monsters that will kick my teeth in if I pull more than one. Make an incentive for grouping in an open world Rep Grind. Makes a little bit faster for those who work together.

TL;DR - I love grinding the hell out of something. I just HATE IT when I can only do so for so long before shuffled off into other content that I don't want to do. And I want the content I like to be involved, challenging and required time/effort. But I also want it, at the highest levels, to reward on par with the highest levels of other content.

Personally I dunno how the hell anyone can enjoy the garbage that is Timeless Isle....by far the worst feature added in MoP. Dailys u go get them done in 15 min, actually progressing towards something, do some cool story quests once in a while (dominance offensive). On Illidan there's always 200 players running around the isle so every rare dies literally in 30 sec or less. So you go camp houlon, go camp dread ship and evermaw, get a Auchirus spawn once in a while. If you're lucky you'll run by one of the lesser rares that die in less than 10 sec after spawning. Get gear that rolls into complete crap half the time, rinse and repeat. There's people that actually find this shit fun?

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the timeless isle for a couple of reasons.

1) I can pace myself and go explore and fight whatever I want. I can do almost nothing except timeless isle for the first couple weeks the content is new, then, when it starts to get old, I can only do a little here and there and still get a benefit from it.

2) I am not forced to farm one particular group of mobs every single day that is limited because I kill 10 of them and then turn in the daily and have to wait till tomorrow to kill 10 more. If I want to kill 50 I can on the timeless isle and still get the full benefit as if it were 5 dailies.

I prefer Timeless Isle in the sense that I can not log in for a couple of days and don't feel like I'm behind, because I can 'catch up' just by playing for longer when I can actually log in.

If you don't log in and do dailies every day you're putting back getting exalted. I wouldn't mind so much if they made dailies more like something you can do as often as you want on any given day but there was a weekly limit instead, or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Personally I dunno how the hell anyone can enjoy the garbage that is Timeless Isle....by far the worst feature added in MoP. Dailys u go get them done in 15 min, actually progressing towards something, do some cool story quests once in a while (dominance offensive). On Illidan there's always 200 players running around the isle so every rare dies literally in 30 sec or less. So you go camp houlon, go camp dread ship and evermaw, get a Auchirus spawn once in a while. If you're lucky you'll run by one of the lesser rares that die in less than 10 sec after spawning. Get gear that rolls into complete crap half the time, rinse and repeat. There's people that actually find this shit fun?
    I find it fun because I am not on a high population server. Even the lesser rares are typically up for a couple minutes before they get killed by 3 to 5 people. My short amount of time that I was on area 52 during ToT days I hated doing anything in the open world. I am so glad I called blizzard and was able to get that server change refunded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies.

Things like the Shaohao rep should be something Blizzard only undertakes maybe ONCE per expansion, with some fantabulous reward for busting your ass extra hard doing it. It should NOT be the model for "everything going forward;" it's EXTREMELY annoying to have to commit yourself to mindlessly grinding down scores of mobs that you find yourself in direct, continued competition over.

At least with dailies you can set caps to your progress.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    The censer PvP is great fun. If you are on a PvP server than you cannot complain about PvP, and if you are on a Normal/RP server then why are you flagged?
    I've been on the same server since TBC, with some RL friends and many more online friends. In the beginning I was more into PVP, so between that and all my friends being there, I chose a PVP server. My playing preferences changed, but my friends haven't, so forgive me for not forking out the $25 per character to move all my toons to some PVE server where I'll know nobody, it's kind of expensive. Not to mention we're about 80% (if not higher) Horde and thus, I haven't had a case of "world" PVP in about 2 years (that I didn't initiate) till Timeless Isle. So, it wouldn't have made much of a difference till this most recent content patch.
    Last edited by tigojones; 2013-11-29 at 05:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tigojones View Post
    I've been on the same server since TBC, with some RL friends and many more online friends. In the beginning I was more into PVP, so between that and all my friends being there, I chose a PVP server. My playing preferences changed, but my friends haven't, so forgive me for not forking out the $25 per character to move all my toons to some PVE server where I'll know nobody, it's kind of expensive. Not to mention we're about 80% (if not higher) Horde and thus, I haven't had a case of "world" PVP in about 2 years (that I didn't initiate) till Timeless Isle. So, it wouldn't have made much of a difference till this most recent content patch.
    Maybe you and your friends could all group up so you wouldn't be picked off so quickly.

Maybe you shouldn't have settled into complacency just because you had a numbers advantage on the server, even though it was designed for PvP combat to be integral in the first place.

But those things are irrelevant in the face of the fact that the choice to play on a PvP realm, was, and still is, all on you.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-11-29 at 05:57 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Dailies versus Timesless Isle? Dailies, absolutely NO contest.

Dailies versus a revised system like Timeless Isle, that fixes some major issues (namely lack of direction, grind, and overcrowdedness)? The latter.

But I'd still like a good share of dailies in there. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about you, but there is no SITTING on Timeless Isle when I'm there. It's usually running from one rare to the next. I usually log out of TI after a while because good lord, I get so tired of constant action lol. Farming elites for the quest...daily? Can't remember. Then hitting all the rares I can in as little time as possible. I've completely geared characters in TI gear that haven't even set foot on it yet.

I HATE dailies. I always have. Ever since the ones for the Nether Drake in BC. So. Effing. Annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I don't know about you, but there is no SITTING on Timeless Isle when I'm there. It's usually running from one rare to the next. I usually log out of TI after a while because good lord, I get so tired of constant action lol. Farming elites for the quest...daily? Can't remember. Then hitting all the rares I can in as little time as possible. I've completely geared characters in TI gear that haven't even set foot on it yet.

I HATE dailies. I always have. Ever since the ones for the Nether Drake in BC. So. Effing. Annoying.
    Except the rares on the timeless isle by and far give NOTHING important. It's huolon with his mount and then a few pets here and there. Most of the others drop toys or other fluff that I frankly lack the bag space to carry around with droprates too low to facilitate farming them for something I'd just have to delete.

They aren't particularly "rare" either... they spawn on the clock and die in about 30 seconds, dropping nothing of particular value or worth, beyond the aforementioned pets/mount.

The timeless isle is so utterly, utterly directionless... and I'm largely bereft of a way they could GIVE such things "meaningful direction" without some form of concentration on important things, like dailies offer through solid rep progression... 4.1 did it pretty damn well, offering some MEANINGFUL story progression along with it.

Killing heaps of Yaungol didn't do that for me.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-11-29 at 06:13 AM.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Well, timeless island doesn't give you VP beside the 200 weekly one does it? and it seems to take forever.

I'd rather have both.. you can plan dailies when you have limited time, camping rares on timeless island is kind of boring.. so why not have dynamic events happening while we're questing.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    what???????????
    people complained so much about dailies and now dailies are on top of the chart..............
    The biggest problems with dailies:

It was a mistake on Blizzards part to make one rep unlock the dailies for another
    It was a mistake to tie rather important storyline into D.O. dailies and rep.

Beyond that, the playerbase equated them with something that simply must be done, each and every day, for all available factions. While Blizzard should have expected exactly that sort of behavior, you can't blame irrational player behavior on the game itself.