Poll: Do you prefer Dailies or Timeless Isle?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    As many say here, I would like a combination of both.
    I find Timeless Isle extremely boring at the moment, it's just ginding without any apparent goal.
    Atleast with dailies you can do them and be done in 30 min, after that do other things.
    Alyn - Never Easy - Ragnaros EU

I think they swing too far with either.

as most ppl i love dailys i did not mind them, i worked my way into all exalted and achievements at the start of the xpac at this point i have nothing else in me to do timeless isle, what they really need it to do it was more like that BC zone where you créate bunch of spots where ppl will usually meet, choke points or w/e u want to call it, on a pve server ppl will just move along and on a pvp server they will fight if they want.

right now i hate the retarded ammount of rares they added to the isle, i loved the thundering isle i think thats the perfect balance right there, set of dailys and add rares as they did on timeless if you want to hunt your way.

mixture of both and both offering rewards that will allow you to pick what you want to do that day, kill rares or do dailys for the same result. or you can call them weeklys idc.

is like archeology, they went overhand with it and i find imposible to grind all that crap.

The main thing I find a bit boring about the timeless isle is that once i've gotten the chests, on the alts I most want to farm the place for charms and coins...they can barely handle the elites.

Yet the characters I have that can easily handle them, are the characters that do not NEED to be farming them.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I want a randomized set of dailies in a Timeless Isle-like environment. I'd like to see a combination of both, done in a smart way.
    We have a winner!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    We have a winner!
    I'd actually prefer if they LET you choose which set of "dailies" you want to do each day. That way, you aren't stuck with the "damn these are friggin' annoying" ones, it reduces the number of people piled in each area, and, if you get burned out on one, you can just switch to doing another.

Don't know why they didn't do this sooner, frankly.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread has been an interesting read. There's more support here for dailies than I would have imagined given the rather violent reaction to them in 5.0 and later. Most will agree that the way dailies were set up in 5.0 was not very good so I doubt if anyone wants to see that again.

I said earlier that I'm for a mix of both directed and undirected things to do and a lot of people have come down on point with that. Most of the people that I play with treat TI like a big giant daily anyway running the same routes day after day. A couple of them have even told me how much they enjoy TI and how happy they are that there isn't much in the way of dailies on it. Sort of ironic.

Anyway, good thread. I hope someone at Blizzard sees it.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-11-29 at 09:08 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    People prefer dailies? Oh really? Wow yeah i remember all the people here commending blizzard for their great work with 5.0 daily grind.

Please...
    There is a reason there will be no more dailies in WoD and timeless isle was fine but the emphasys on exploration got wrecked by the fact the island was extremely small and thanks to the pvp griefers coin

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    People prefer dailies? Oh really? Wow yeah i remember all the people here commending blizzard for their great work with 5.0 daily grind.

Please...
    There is a reason there will be no more dailies in WoD and timeless isle was fine but the emphasys on exploration got wrecked by the fact the island was extremely small and thanks to the pvp griefers coin
    Both were executed badly.

At the start of the expansion there were just way too many dailies and too many good items were locked behind reputation that required doing dailies.

Timeless Isle is too small and boring. It became an empty place in just two weeks.

I hope WoD will have a good combination but I doubt it. If you are unable to make proper content after 9 years of the same shit I lose faith. 9 years of developement and what do you get? Timeless Isle...

p.s. I never had real problems with those dailies. I just did them to get what I wanted and it wasn't a big deal for me.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2013-11-29 at 10:18 AM.

Deleted
    From the 2 options we have now I would chose dailies.
    but devs said they are going to improve timeless Isle style questing in WoD so I have big hopes for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This thread has been an interesting read. There's more support here for dailies than I would have imagined given the rather violent reaction to them in 5.0 and later. Most will agree that the way dailies were set up in 5.0 was not very good so I doubt if anyone wants to see that again.
    Frankly, I just saw those as effort needed to get what they rewarded. They didn't reward anything essential; every service rendered by them was a bonus.

The activities weren't particularly hard, or even necessarily time consuming... maybe an hour or so, MAX, a day to finish them all, and that included travel time.

They were what was required to achieve an ends, just as killing thousands of Yaungol are for the timeless isle. The only difference is that dailies had far, far less competition, were generally more enjoyable, offered story progression, and let you progress in a much less spastic manner.

I really don't see anything else on the timeless isle as "equatable" with dailies beyond the rep grind... And I honestly don't feel blizzard should try that sort of rep grind more than ONCE per expansion.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I hate both.

I preferred the Isle of Thunder, the PvP wasn't as horrid, it was pretty dynamic (not as dynamic, but still) and it also had dailies. I had the income that the dailies provided (as I was PvP oriented) and had as much fun as I did on the Timeless Isle before it become a horrible PvE-geared death pit.

Why don't they just use that model? A hub of optional daily/weekly quests with dynamic events. Holinka mentioned that in Warlords of Draenor, PvE players would have the same item level as PvP players so PvE gear being a problem shouldn't factor into it either.
    Last edited by BlissfulBlithe; 2013-11-29 at 10:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    I prefer dailies to be honest, I never found them that big of a deal, log in in the morning with a cup of coffee, be done in half an hour.
    I don't mind this either, although after a while I can't be bothered with it and it makes you feel like you've missed out if you don't do them for a couple of days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Timeless Isle is way better, it's fun to run around and chase rare bosses and such. Surprised how fun it was. Dailies on their own are one of the worst things to be added.

I like the idea of rare spawns that aren't tagged in the traditional sense. However with dailies I actually felt like I was accomplishing something instead of waiting around for more rares to show up. Aside from gear drops, TI was kinda pointless for anything aside from introducing Kairoz for the next expansion.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like Hovis bread, both combined to a satisfying degree. I actually enjoy dailies!
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I'd actually prefer if they LET you choose which set of "dailies" you want to do each day. That way, you aren't stuck with the "damn these are friggin' annoying" ones, it reduces the number of people piled in each area, and, if you get burned out on one, you can just switch to doing another.

Don't know why they didn't do this sooner, frankly.
    Yeah, gotta agree, and it makes little sense. "Where is the guy who ordered me to kill those big ass wolves the last time?" "Well, it's my watch now, and I don't give a crap about the wolves. Gather some herbs for me"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    I find it fun because I am not on a high population server. Even the lesser rares are typically up for a couple minutes before they get killed by 3 to 5 people. My short amount of time that I was on area 52 during ToT days I hated doing anything in the open world. I am so glad I called blizzard and was able to get that server change refunded.
    My Main is Horde, but i wanted that feel like back in vanilla and started an alliance alt. Im on a High populated Server (EU-Frostwolf) with 98% Horde.
    Timeless Isle is so shit since im not getting farmed by Blood-Coin Crews but even every other Horde Pack... All i can do is get invited by a friends whos alt is on a 98% Alliance Server... And i wont pay 20€ to farm Rares on a dull island

dailies were fine when you werent forced to do them for gear and rep. Dungeon grinding used to be so much more fun than dailies