Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Again more special deals for new comers, once again nothing for current loyal subscribers
    Blizzard have not issued ANY rewards/gifts for its loyal customers ever... thats disgusting considering the vast sums on money thier customers spend with them.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Blizzard have not issued ANY rewards/gifts for its loyal customers ever... thats disgusting considering the vast sums on money thier customers spend with them.
    I've been with my cable company for many more years than I have blizzard, and they earn way more money, do i expect them to give me something on black friday? Nope, should they? Nope. Would you believe they also run deals on their product year round for only new customers too? The audacity of a busisness

Well, it's official. People will cry about anything. Even if it is that a company is giving 75% off on their product.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frequency View Post
    I've been with my cable company for many more years than I have blizzard, and they earn way more money, do i expect them to give me something on black friday? Nope, should they? Nope. Would you believe they also run deals on their product year round for only new customers too? The audacity of a busisness
    SO its right to give the best offers to new customers and nothing at all for its loyal customers?

I seem to remember mobile phone companies realising this policy sucked balls and now they reward their loyal customers with the same deals at new customers...

Every other subscription based MMO has given out rewards to its loyal customers at some point, Blizzard are the only ones who havent.

I guess customers of Blizzard get what they expect... if u expect nothing then u get nothing.

People getting mad about Blizzard making money and then calling them greedy. It's almost like they're a company or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    People getting mad about Blizzard making money and then calling them greedy. It's almost like they're a company or something.
    Angry commie gamers!
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts

Hooray now multi boxers can get even more accounts for very cheap!

i'm all for the $5 battlechest. RaF 2 boxing here i come!

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    I received a free copy of World of Warcraft (to share with a friend) back in 2011 "as a thank you for being a veteran World of Warcraft subscriber." I also received a Lil’ XT pet when they ended the subscriptions for World of Warcraft Remote in 2012 and made all services free ("our way to say “thanks” for being a World of Warcraft Remote subscriber").

So, while they might not be things you would personally want, Blizzard has indeed issued rewards/gifts for loyal customers in the past.
    Last edited by Khime; 2013-11-27 at 06:20 PM.

Cant wait to RAF myself and power level some toons!

Deleted
    Companies rarely reward any loyalty at all. They mostly count on us to stay with them rather than invest our time in looking at alternatives and switching.

This is way better than Rebecca Black Friday!

Deleted
    I've never bought anything on the blizz store, how does it work ? When I buy the wow battlechest for example, will I get the serial numbers on my email, which I need to activate IMMEDIATELY on battle.net ? I mean, I want to buy it on black friday, but I dont want to play yet and dont want to waste the 30days for free....

If you look at it differently, this sort of discount is good for existing players. While Bliz could probably do more and give out in game items to their loyal customers. New customers is only going to be a good thing for the game. new customers help to investment in the game. I will be buying 3 copies of the game on this special. Would definitely not have bought if there wasn't a special. IMHO, they shouldn't even be charging for the game or expansions anyway. Maybe a nominal fee for the game but definitely not for expansions. The subs should cover those. It's just a barrier to entry. Maybe a better alternative would be to include game time to the value of the expansion when people buy one.

Deleted
    So can somebody give me the answer please? If the free 30 days will be immediately activated while I buy the WOW battlepack or not, I dont want it immediately, I cant play right now...

Quote Originally Posted by HairyTauren View Post
    I've never bought anything on the blizz store, how does it work ? When I buy the wow battlechest for example, will I get the serial numbers on my email, which I need to activate IMMEDIATELY on battle.net ? I mean, I want to buy it on black friday, but I dont want to play yet and dont want to waste the 30days for free....
    You buy the product, and you're given the code/cd-key/etc to use when you want to use it. It's not turned into an active account with the 30 days running until you actually attach it to a Battle.net account.

If you're really worried, select that you're buying it as a gift for someone else during checkout, that way it won't even suggest that you activate it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dream on. Pretty much no company ever gives a "customer loyalty" discount on a subscription fee or a current product. Does your phone company have a customer appreciation 50% off your phone bill month just for no reason? Your cable or satellite TV provider? Your gas or water or sewer ever have a "discount loyal customer" month? Do you get 50% off of a mortgage payment every so often?

The paid character services are totally optional and in general they are services that have the potential to detract from the game as a whole if widely used. So the "high" price is good for the game.

If you are playing the game and paying $15/mo, you are a happy customer. Making the game cheaper won't make anyone playing it like the game better. What Blizzard does to keep customers happy is to work on the game.

Just like all other companies, Blizzard only wants to give goodies to former customers in the hope that they'll come back and find something they like better this time.

I have aome nagging feeling that there will be a lot more newcomers online this Thanksgiving weekend than normal. Sounds like an opportunity for RaF! (As I never was able to convert my dad to WoWisim, nows my chance!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Since it is a multinational game... No.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Again more special deals for new comers, once again nothing for current loyal subscribers

In the almost decade Ive played world of warcraft I have never seen any decent deals to reward loyal players for a change..

How bout some discount on actual game time blizzard? 50% on a month or something....

Ive seen discount on ingame services before but that would be nice to see again too.

Fuckin selling WOW retail for £5, yeah amazing. I mean its 9 years old, if someone hasnt already bought WOW in 9 years Its pretty clear they dont too
    Buying wow with all the expansions is perma 50% cheaper on battlenet.
    ANd lol @ the gross self-entitlement.