Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    it's not about features, it's about stuff like streamlining everything that goes against the nature of a role playing game, attunemet chains are awesome, resistance gear is awesome, achievements are awesome and yeah I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have evolved the game into what it is today, ghostcrawler and his team are balance fanatics, imo immersion and class identity must never suffer due to balance, which both clearly did; Id rather get oneshot a thousand times by an op class than having every class feel the same; Id rather have some classes perform better in raids than others if it means that they are unique, distinctive classes, the game didnt lose millions of people because it got a few years older, the game was old back in Wrath too, no no the game lost players because the players didnt like the game anymore as much as they used to; look at eve it's GAINING subs and how old is it, no idea, but old; cs 1.6 is still pretty active; blaming the sub losses on the game's age is the easy way out and sure as hell not the absolute truth
    I disagree, Blizzard has always been strongly concerned with balance, look at the old RTS games.

And the feel you're talking about is completely subjective, I personally feel like every class is vastly superior to the way it was in TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Ghostcrawler leaving, eh? Hey, maybe Frost Mages can finally stop being overpowered as shit in PVP. Man, wouldn't that be interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Mykk View Post
    Im not talking about how hard one raid is or anything. Im fine going with normal / hc mode its fine i dont mind. So pls keep your own assumptions as your own and dont try to put your own words to my mouth thank you and have a nice hangyourselfday
    This was your comment:

How did he piss me off? Maybe maybe maybe casualizing whole game with other superheroblizzdevs.
    So, what was your suggestion of what he should have done? It sure looks like it was keeping the game less casual; i.e., focusing on the hardcores.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Excellent..

Deleted
    First Jay Wilson now Greg Street, gone. Good news for both Diablo 3 and WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    About fucking time.

Next steps:

1. Remove LFR
    2. Make lvling hard again
    3. Remove all instant CC
    4. Balance warriors
    5. Nerf Hybrid healing

game fixed
    yea might be fixed for you , but you would see major casuals go....

I unsubscribed the day b4 this news came out! Sixth sense perhaps?

Deleted

asd

Quote Originally Posted by Taquito View Post
    Finally we will get good class balance.

Do you honestly fucking believe that yourself? What a naive prick you are..

I can see it now, 12 months down the line

This guy sucks, his ideas ruin wow! GC was the best!

Posted from Lore (CM) on official forums. Worth the read.

Originally Posted by Lore
    I first met Greg at the BlizzCon 2009 fansite summit. There were 20 or so of us all at one table in the Blizzard cafeteria having lunch. Was introducing myself to the guy sitting across from me. Greg overheard, said "Wait, you're Lore from TankSpot?" and reached across the table and past like 5 people to shake my hand. That was when I knew Greg truly cared about the community.

The next day, I found him outside the convention center checking his email on his phone. We started chatting while he finished, and a few other people walked up. Two of them in particular started arguing with each other; they both played Feral Druids and had a conflicting opinion on something. Greg immediately got quiet, put his phone away, and started listening intently to their conversation. That was when I knew Greg truly cared about game design.

A year later, at BlizzCon 2010, I had the opportunity to sit down with him for a casual chat in the lobby of the Anaheim Marriott. We talked about several things -- raiding, Ret Paladins, how the convention was going -- but at some point I brought up that I'd considered applying for a position at Blizzard. We talked about it for a while, and though I didn't end up applying at the time, he seemed genuine in saying that Blizzard is a great place to work. That was when I knew Greg truly cared about Blizzard Entertainment.

A few months ago, on my third day as a Blizzard employee, I met him again at my first developer meeting. He didn't ignore the new face or just give me a casual "hello" -- he walked around the conference table and across the room to give me a hug. That was when I knew Greg truly cared about his co-workers.

And then a couple days ago, he came by the Community team's area to share a beer and let us know he'd be moving on. He wanted us to hear it directly from him. That was when I knew that Greg cares just as much today as he did when I met him back in 2009.

Greg, you've done amazing things for this game, not just on the design side of things, but for the community as well. You will be sorely missed, and I wish you the absolute best in your new opportunity. Thank you. Stay in touch.

I read the post of Lore and to be honest...... i am very doubtful about it!
    I am not saying GC was a bad guy or a good guy; I simply don't have an opinion about him, as I don't know him nor do I follow him on twitter or any place else.

But the way Lore wrote that post.... well... it doesn't sound as if he meant it.
    Things as: That was when I knew Greg truly cared about........ I am sorry but this doesn't do it for me.

I mean come on... giving someone a hand when you meet him/her is the normal thing to do. Passing 5 people to do that doesn't mean he cares.. it could also be perceived as being arrogant enough not to stand up and walk to that person, but just passing 5 others.

Same with all the other things he posted.... it sounds just too forced.

Again I am sorry for saying this :-( just being honest here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    Posted from Lore (CM) on official forums. Worth the read.

Originally Posted by Lore
    I first met Greg at the BlizzCon 2009 fansite summit. There were 20 or so of us all at one table in the Blizzard cafeteria having lunch. Was introducing myself to the guy sitting across from me. Greg overheard, said "Wait, you're Lore from TankSpot?" and reached across the table and past like 5 people to shake my hand. That was when I knew Greg truly cared about the community.

The next day, I found him outside the convention center checking his email on his phone. We started chatting while he finished, and a few other people walked up. Two of them in particular started arguing with each other; they both played Feral Druids and had a conflicting opinion on something. Greg immediately got quiet, put his phone away, and started listening intently to their conversation. That was when I knew Greg truly cared about game design.

A year later, at BlizzCon 2010, I had the opportunity to sit down with him for a casual chat in the lobby of the Anaheim Marriott. We talked about several things -- raiding, Ret Paladins, how the convention was going -- but at some point I brought up that I'd considered applying for a position at Blizzard. We talked about it for a while, and though I didn't end up applying at the time, he seemed genuine in saying that Blizzard is a great place to work. That was when I knew Greg truly cared about Blizzard Entertainment.

A few months ago, on my third day as a Blizzard employee, I met him again at my first developer meeting. He didn't ignore the new face or just give me a casual "hello" -- he walked around the conference table and across the room to give me a hug. That was when I knew Greg truly cared about his co-workers.

And then a couple days ago, he came by the Community team's area to share a beer and let us know he'd be moving on. He wanted us to hear it directly from him. That was when I knew that Greg cares just as much today as he did when I met him back in 2009.

Greg, you've done amazing things for this game, not just on the design side of things, but for the community as well. You will be sorely missed, and I wish you the absolute best in your new opportunity. Thank you. Stay in touch.

Greg cared about many things but surely not how to make fun and immersive game. He has absolutly no skills to lead such projects. He might care but he's doing shit work. Caring doesn't mean you are good at something, seems that's the only thing he could do...care...

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I read the post of Lore and to be honest...... i am very doubtful about it!
    I am not saying GC was a bad guy or a good guy; I simply don't have an opinion about him, as I don't know him nor do I follow him on twitter or any place else.

But the way Lore wrote that post.... well... it doesn't sound as if he meant it.
    Things as: That was when I knew Greg truly cared about........ I am sorry but this doesn't do it for me.

I mean come on... giving someone a hand when you meet him/her is the normal thing to do. Passing 5 people to do that doesn't mean he cares.. it could also be perceived as being arrogant enough not to stand up and walk to that person, but just passing 5 others.

Same with all the other things he posted.... it sounds just too forced.

Again I am sorry for saying this :-( just being honest here.
    Such a nonsensical and pointless post. What are you trying to say?

Good riddance. Perhaps he and his cronies can go back to causing server crashes in ultima online repeatedly not because they had an issue with that game, not because they felt their classes were underpowered, but (and get this) because they wanted their class to be overpowered.

Anyone else notice they deleted every comment on his thread that didn't say they loved him.

Ghostcrawler fuck
    you're like a cancer for this game

Deleted
    Ghostcrawler and his team have done a great work, love WoW more then ever. Hope he get it good at his new work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bichoverde View Post
    Ghostcrawler fuck
    you're like a cancer for this game
    No, YOU are like fucking cancer, no wonder the community is like toxic waste. It's not Ghostcrawlers fall, it's the gamers own fucking fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    People move on, good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by retorege View Post
    Woooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST NEWS IN YEARS... this should be on the cover of the next expansion. Bye bye mages time to suck it.
    Let me guess. A Fotm warlock? Dude, hate to break it to you, but mages have been inferior to warlocks all expansion. If anything, it's going to be "bye bye warlocks. Time to be tuned back down"

Just a note. Wow is far easier than it has ever been before. Im not a hard core raider just someone with a working brain and the game ,is stupid easy now. Many people find that boring and that has created the sub loss. Easy is boring. The MOP 5 mans were a total joke compared to CATA. CATA BTW was the best selling expac of all time, it lost a few whiners ,Blizzard paniced and nerfed real hard and people bailed massively after the nerfs.MOP was weak from the start and after about 2 months my server was a ghost town. You can not make 5 mans where people can stand in fire, and live and then make raids where people actually have to play and move. I said MOP was the end of wow when i saw it on the PTR. The server merges and such pretty much back that up and now Ghostcrawlers has bailed. The bad wow changes all started right after it was reported that farmville made more profit than WOW BTW. <<From that time on the game has been shrinking. They keep saying they are creating more faster than ever but I have never been so bored playing wow as I have been in MOP. There is not much to do, if running around killing the same thing every day doesnt interest you. I think Ghostcrawler was the scape goat for the sub losses and had nothing to do with his boss telling him CUT COSTS. Every class is basically the same now and has the same abilities,with a different names. I never had a problem with ghostcrawler. I can say that from what I saw at Blizzcon people did not seem very excited at all about the expac. I saw two people say in this thread he is bailing from a sinking ship, and that pretty much fits with reality. They are merging sometimes 3 servers together to make one now. Let the flames and denial of reality fly ,its your right .Just like its your right to believe there will always be a tank or healer after you kick one, but my guess is thats not the case anymore