Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    Even today the games not balanced. Balance isn't the only thing that made the game great at the time. It had to be experienced first hand to be understood. Tigole is a genius and that's why they moved him to Titan to make another masterpiece game succeed.
    Tigole is VP of Blizzard now.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    And that wasn't part of GC's job so what's your point? GC was in charge of mostly balance and not the entire direction of the game, that's the responsibility of the game DIRECTOR.

So many things are blamed on Ghostcrawler that he isn't even part of, it just shows some people like to foam at the mouth like rabid dogs.
    Oh please.. The moment Tigole left mid WoTLK we saw the worst raid in WoW and LFD. Ironically after the best raid in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    ^ This so much.

WoW A-Team's most notable creations: Naxxramas, Black Temple, Sunwell Plateau, Ulduar
    WoW B-Team's most notable creations: Trial of the Crusader, Dragon Soul
    well, now we know you aren't serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Tigole is VP of Blizzard now.
    He's GD and VP.

Grabs popcorn, and watches the idiots coming out of the woodwork who think one person is responsible for the game.

priceless.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

Quote Originally Posted by LegendsnDreamz View Post
    Grabs popcorn, and watches the idiots coming out of the woodwork who think one person is responsible for the game.

priceless.

They have "lead" titles under their names for a reason you know.

oh, go on , justify it further. Please do.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    So happy he is leaving. Maybe WoW can get back on track and come back to life now.
    WoW will NEVER get back on track till Kalgan is FIRED!!!

Childish sarcasm doesn't invalidate the truth.
    here mate, have another shovel.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

oh, go on , justify it further. Please do.
    Jay got kicked off the D3 team, next thing we see ladders, RMAH removed, proper drops and itemization.

Jay got kicked off the D3 team, next thing we see ladders, RMAH removed, proper drops and itemization.
    Huh, all those things coming about AFTER that ONE guy was removed. Funny....maybe just one guy isn't responsible.

btw, this happens all the time, remove random scapegoat or not so random in your scenario. Then sprinkle on top requests to make it better. PR 101.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

It's the plain truth. Tigole's team just delivered much better quality and much more popular content than Ghostcrawler's team.
    trial of the crusader and dragon soul weren't the best raids of that team.

Huh, all those things coming about AFTER that ONE guy was removed. Funny....maybe just one guy isn't responsible.

btw, this happens all the time, remove random scapegoat or not so random in your scenario. Then sprinkle on top requests to make it better. PR 101.
    This is what denial looks like. I list facts to back my claims, there was a shift in teams with D3 too but WoW had one too.

This is what denial looks like. I list facts to back my claims, there was a shift in teams with D3 too but WoW had one too.
    Here let me take YOUR shovel away. First look up denial. Second read again my post you first responded to. Third follow that conversation. Lastly your scenario showcased 2 different job titles for 2 different games designed to illustrate how after the removal of one person supposedly made the game better. So in theory WoW should be.

Problems, Those facts are Promises, the expansion has yet to be released or even in beta. Also my point was to make fun of all those who think one person is responsible for an entire team of designers. You only helped my point, by showing that D3 is making strides with its remaining team to improve the game.

Now with WoW you will see the vast sea of issues won't be resolved by one individual leaving.

Personally, I wish nothing but the best for GC, he surely got a bad rap as he was pretty much the face of WoW. However even if he was solely responsible for the game, He still was not at the top of the ladder, like your Jay example is. So if you want a single scapegoat, perhaps you should do a little digging to see where the head of the snake lies.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    The downside is that before Ghostcrawler getting more say, the game was an imbalanced mess. Part of the homogenization of classes was due to the 10m raid size being made a competitive option where you had to be able to bring whatever was available so more was available to each individual class.

The old WoW team, the heads of the department before Ghostcrawler was added to the team, were known to not communicate with players at all except to tell hybrids to fuck off and heal or give pures the finger if they wanted more than one playable DPS spec. They were heavily anti convenience and felt like they were trying to make an Everquest clone.

People look back on the days of vanilla and BC and praise them but then completely ignore specs like Shadow being trash in vanilla and a mana battery in BC, Balance being near unplayable until 3.0, pures running around with only one viable spec and two dumpster specs, etc. Ghostcrawler was the main proponent of class balance and gameplay conveniences and while the second part may have gone a bit too far, he did a lot of good for the game. Homogenization was a side effect of the demand for 10m to be a competitive gameplay setting. With 20m mythic being the only "heroic" endgame progression size, they can strip down the classes a bit and add a bit more uniqueness. They've used the example of Paladins not needing an interrupt which brings the control aspect back to Rogues.=, Warriors can go back to being the masters of cleaving, Hunters not needing full buff coverage, etc.
    You make some good points but at the same time you have to consider the atmosphere...in vanilla wow was brand new so of course there wasn't going to be 3 balanced specs for each class. And the game still went by the healing classes should heal, tanks should tank, etc. mentality so balancing all specs was not a priority by any means. Likewise in TBC there were specs good for raiding, some good for pvp, few that were just bad period but then again there wasn't that huge an outcry for making a class's 3rd spec completely viable like nowadays. Some might say it was better when classes were more specialized and that homogeny just brought around a different kind of headache.

Personally I dont think its possible to balance 30+ specs by any means and def think GC's attempt at widespread class balance was his biggest failure. At least back in the day you knew what your role was depending on the class you picked and stuck to it. Now everyone wants to be top dps and top heals no matter what their class. And you still have specs like disc priest, aff/demo locks that are not just slightly overpowered but massively OP and have been basically the whole expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    The downside is that before Ghostcrawler getting more say, the game was an imbalanced mess. Part of the homogenization of classes was due to the 10m raid size being made a competitive option where you had to be able to bring whatever was available so more was available to each individual class.

The old WoW team, the heads of the department before Ghostcrawler was added to the team, were known to not communicate with players at all except to tell hybrids to fuck off and heal or give pures the finger if they wanted more than one playable DPS spec. They were heavily anti convenience and felt like they were trying to make an Everquest clone.

People look back on the days of vanilla and BC and praise them but then completely ignore specs like Shadow being trash in vanilla and a mana battery in BC, Balance being near unplayable until 3.0, pures running around with only one viable spec and two dumpster specs, etc. Ghostcrawler was the main proponent of class balance and gameplay conveniences and while the second part may have gone a bit too far, he did a lot of good for the game. Homogenization was a side effect of the demand for 10m to be a competitive gameplay setting. With 20m mythic being the only "heroic" endgame progression size, they can strip down the classes a bit and add a bit more uniqueness. They've used the example of Paladins not needing an interrupt which brings the control aspect back to Rogues.=, Warriors can go back to being the masters of cleaving, Hunters not needing full buff coverage, etc.
    Aka his mistake was listening to the playerbase TOO MUCH. What I am 100% certain of is that, including myself, most people have no fucking clue on how to design a game yet think they know better lol.

Now only if metzen and kosak will leave , along with bashiok and netharea

Here let me take YOUR shovel away. First look up denial. Second read again my post you first responded to. Third follow that conversation. Lastly your scenario showcased 2 different job titles for 2 different games designed to illustrate how after the removal of one person supposedly made the game better. So in theory WoW should be.

Problems, Those facts are Promises, the expansion has yet to be released or even in beta. Also my point was to make fun of all those who think one person is responsible for an entire team of designers. You only helped my point, by showing that D3 is making strides with its remaining team to improve the game.

Now with WoW you will see the vast sea of issues won't be resolved by one individual leaving.

Personally, I wish nothing but the best for GC, he surely got a bad rap as he was pretty much the face of WoW. However even if he was solely responsible for the game, He still was not at the top of the ladder, like your Jay example is. So if you want a single scapegoat, perhaps you should do a little digging to see where the head of the snake lies.
    People get promoted in the industry over time. Game Director and Lead System Designer are the most important roles behind a team. They work on Gameplay, System, UI among other things not just balance. What's left Art / Lore / Quest?

People get promoted in the industry over time. Game Director and Lead System Designer are the most important roles behind a team. They work on Gameplay, System, UI among other things not just balance. What's left Art / Lore / Quest?
    I see you found your shovel again. Well if you are so determined to be that foolish, go on.

Edit: Since you want to use that shovel to dig your hole instead of research, I'll give you a freebie.

Jay Wilson was the Game Director for D3
    Tom Chilton Game Director for WoW

Those are the comparable people for YOUR scenario.

Greg Street Lead Systems For WoW. Important yes, upper hierarchy...sure. solely responsible for a games success or failure, not by a long shot.
    Last edited by LegendsnDreamz; 2013-11-29 at 03:08 AM.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

I would like to see a team function without a Lead System Designer and Game Director. It would be an interesting experiment.

- - - Updated - - -

I see you found your shovel again. Well if you are so determined to be that foolish, go on.

Edit: Since you want to use that shovel to dig your hole instead of research, I'll give you a freebie.

Jay Wilson was the Game Director for D3
    Tom Chilton Game Director for WoW

Those are the comparable people for YOUR scenario.

Greg Street Lead Systems For WoW. Important yes, upper hierarchy...sure. solely responsible for a games success or failure, not by a long shot.
    Coming from the guy who thinks the lead system architect is a scapegoat. I do not fall for such ignorance sorry.