Poll: How do you feel about people playing under the influence of drugs?

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Disapprove, It makes me feel dirty even imaging playing with someone on drugs >.<

Not to mention you interact with children in game as well >.< "Mom can i go to the park and play with the drug addict under the slide? ""Of course, just don't forget your sweater!"

drug users should be shot on sight
    drug dealers staked out over an ants nest and left to die
    drug bosses constantly injected and then made go cold turkey , over and over and over again

90% of the worlds problems would then be solved

Quote Originally Posted by Bingbongbrothers View Post
    Ofcourse Marijuana is "listed" as a drug, even sugar can be a drug. But in my point of view I don't accept those "drugs" as drugs. I know that it's not correct in terms of law and addiction, but it's just my view of it.

Also I guess that those 90% weren't meant to be "serious" - Hyperbole anyone?

Ofcourse you shouldn't even touch heroin, meth, krok, angeldust and so on but it's the fault of these drugs that those "good" drugs are in such a bad light.
    And again my opinion is, that if you consume LSD, MDMA or Amphetamine like 12 times a year you're better of than getting wasted in alcohol every weekend.
    I also believe that LSD and MDMA makes you a better person. Not on the drug itself, but with the "open mind" you've gotten, you have an other view on things.
    It doesnt make you instantly a better person. But it gives you the chance to find out who you are, what you want, and experience real love. It bonds you to the people around you.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending alcohol or tobacco (though in moderation and taken the right way they are likely safer than most illegal drugs, ie a glass of wine a week or 'smoking' from an e-cig though the addiction there still isn't healthy).

I don't know I'd agree with you on LSD and ecstacy making people better, I have yet to meet anyone who didn't become worse people in my eyes after using them. They started pushing homeopathy, they started pushing the whole 'one love' nonsense. They used to be reasonable people who were very intelligent and knew how to think critically. Ever since they started using those drugs they've stopped caring about all that. are they still nice people? Sure, but I certainly wouldn't say they are better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sul View Post
    drug bosses constantly injected and then made go cold turkey , over and over and over again

Just...no. I don't like drugs but you have some serious issues if you're not trolling.

Deleted
    I've been drunk in LFR and dungeons a few times, I've seen other people drunk in LFR and dungeons a few times. It hasn't really ever bothered me, was always more fun than it would have been without.

I don't do it in main raids because 90% of the time I'm either focused on getting a new kill or trying to rank on the fight in question. The other 10% I spend complaining about decisions I don't agree with or watching tv/youtube :P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I don't know I'd agree with you on LSD and ecstacy making people better, I have yet to meet anyone who didn't become worse people in my eyes after using them. They started pushing homeopathy, they started pushing the whole 'one love' nonsense. They used to be reasonable people who were very intelligent and knew how to think critically. Ever since they started using those drugs they've stopped caring about all that. are they still nice people? Sure, but I certainly wouldn't say they are better.

- - - Updated - - -
    That's a good point. People who use LSD on a regular basis tend to become ultra-hippies. That's really "not better"
    LSD is a drug, that you use 3-4 times in a lifetime. On a shiny bright day you like, were you can think about your future and your past. And about your friends and family. I did LSD three times, and now im done with it. I don't want more "insight" or anything it gives, I'm just happy about what I experienced about my feelings towards friends and family, and about the nature. But I won't spread the "one love" nonsense (you have a good point there) because my mind is so damaged about sharing, nature and love that I cant see bad things anymore.
    Ecstasy is in my view a social opener. You have no problems at all to speak to someone in a club, you instantly have some good themes to talk about and you don't fall around like on alcohol.
    I had some pretty cool and deep conversations with strangers in clubs that I wouldn't even have thought of. But when the MDMA is over, you're "normal" again. So you're Mr.Social with a dancefever on MDMA, and afterwards it has no effect on your life.

It depends on the player.

Drunk raiding has always been enjoyable when everyone agrees on it and the content is on farm. Drunk Karazhan was hilarious with flame wreath. My raid leader smokes bowls regularly on raid night and it doesn't affect his performance. However, back in Ulduar our Main Tank regularly jumped out of raid early to smoke a bowl. One time, he went AFK to smoke a bowl during a break and we waited on him for an hour and a half before calling the raid. When he finally came back three hours later and wondered why we called the raid we asked him where he was. He said "his friend had a telephone pole fall on his car and he needed him to help lift it off." Lifting a 700 pound telephone by hand, with two people seemed a little implausible considering he was baked out of his mind. We recruited a new tank.

We have tradition in guild of running "tour de <raid name>" on offdays for fun.
    Basically you drink a shot when boss goes down. Super fun time on TS.
    Sometime we cant remember when or if we actually finished the instance (before checking the raid ID)

and for the pool question. If it doesnt hurt the experience for others be high as you want (or drunk, alcohol is a legal drug)

What about friendless sociopaths like yourself? Seems like you typed that up with 1 hand

That's a good point. People who use LSD on a regular basis tend to become ultra-hippies. That's really "not better"
    LSD is a drug, that you use 3-4 times in a lifetime. On a shiny bright day you like, were you can think about your future and your past. And about your friends and family. I did LSD three times, and now im done with it. I don't want more "insight" or anything it gives, I'm just happy about what I experienced about my feelings towards friends and family, and about the nature. But I won't spread the "one love" nonsense (you have a good point there) because my mind is so damaged about sharing, nature and love that I cant see bad things anymore.
    Ecstasy is in my view a social opener. You have no problems at all to speak to someone in a club, you instantly have some good themes to talk about and you don't fall around like on alcohol.
    I had some pretty cool and deep conversations with strangers in clubs that I wouldn't even have thought of. But when the MDMA is over, you're "normal" again. So you're Mr.Social with a dancefever on MDMA, and afterwards it has no effect on your life.
    Fair enough. No doubt I've got at least some bias against doing it because the two people I saw changed the most by LSD were two of my very best friends for a long time. Then they changed and I can't hardly talk to them anymore because they just don't even listen to reason anymore. For me, I don't think I would ever use it if only because I prefer to push myself to change and grow without drugs, especially after what happened to me. I don't see much of a problem with it if people don't become insufferable because of it. With X, I definitely see what you're saying. I don't really have a problem with the drug itself as long as the user knows how to be safe with it. However, they do tend to act very strangely on it and I definitely don't think I'd want to raid with anyone on it or LSD haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    People can do whatever they want. I laugh every time I see some stupid name like Ogpurplekush.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    If you use the drug as a prescription for medicinal reason of course I won't judge. But if you take them by choice, I will.
    So once the system allows you to smoke marihuana, it's suddenly okay with you? Seems to me like you're more afraid of the law system than the actual deed (and reason why they do it) itself.

I guess I sort of get what you mean, and I also know that it's wrong.

The stereotypical image of person that smokes weed is a lazy do-no-gooder screw up. Usually someone who has to smoke it in prescription solely does it for medical reasons, is what the stereotypical image is. What if those with prescription enjoy the drug just as much as non-prescription smokers? What would be different then?

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care what people do on their own time. I do care if they try and raid like that. It wastes others time and no matter what they think, it does affect their performance. Anything else in game, besides raiding and arena, I don't really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    "Herp derp my drugs are less harmful than something else!"

...that "argument" is so full of retardness. Drugs still remain shit. And yet those dumbass drug addicts/apologists dare to call others brainwashed, while they are just repeating and copy-pasting the same old crap as all the other idiots; so much for "independent thinking"... Those dipshits do need a massive load of self-deception of course.
    Why do you associate every pro-marihuana person with being a dumbass drug addict, or apologist? Kind of an ignorant thing to do. Not open-minded, and independent thinking at all.

I have 0 issues with drug usage, as long as it does not negatively impact the group, whether ingame or in real life.

I think most people instantly link the word drug to a mental image of a junkie.
    Most of us who partake in certain substances are actually everyday people with mortgages and dreary boring jobs.

Just like not everyone that likes a cold beer turns into a raging alcoholic, same goes for people who use "recreational"drugs.
    There are always weaker people without self control. Who fall victim to their own weak attitudes.

Oh and PS :

if it bothers you,dont play with them. if it doesnt bother you then /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    So once the system allows you to smoke marihuana, it's suddenly okay with you? Seems to me like you're more afraid of the law system than the actual deed (and reason why they do it) itself.

I guess I sort of get what you mean, and I also know that it's wrong.

The stereotypical image of person that smokes weed is a lazy do-no-gooder screw up. Usually someone who has to smoke it in prescription solely does it for medical reasons, is what the stereotypical image is. What if those with prescription enjoy the drug just as much as non-prescription smokers? What would be different then?
    Well I can't speak for him, but I wouldn't feel any differently about it if it became legal (which I'm strongly against.) I don't approve of any mind altering drug (including alcohol) unless it's needed for medical reasons. There just isn't any good reason to not be sober otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Fair enough. No doubt I've got at least some bias against doing it because the two people I saw changed the most by LSD were two of my very best friends for a long time. Then they changed and I can't hardly talk to them anymore because they just don't even listen to reason anymore. For me, I don't think I would ever use it if only because I prefer to push myself to change and grow without drugs, especially after what happened to me. I don't see much of a problem with it if people don't become insufferable because of it. With X, I definitely see what you're saying. I don't really have a problem with the drug itself as long as the user knows how to be safe with it. However, they do tend to act very strangely on it and I definitely don't think I'd want to raid with anyone on it or LSD haha.
    I guess that would end up in a pretty bad trip, thinking garrosh would execute your ass right away
    Im heading of now, I really enjoyed our conversation. Expecially to hear "the other side".
    Also respect that you, even if you don't like drugs, you maintain yourself and bring up facts to back up your arguments.

Actually, you're not normal again after the effects of XTC/MDMA are over. It takes a few days to recharge to your usual level of dopamine in your brains.

Also, the whole 'one love' is just a myth. I've done acid plenty of times, with people who have done it countless of times, and I think it's safe to say that they're still the same hard working, and down to earth people as they were before they started doing it. I've seen the 'one love' people though. I wouldn't say it's solely thanks to the acid that they became this way. For some people it's the gateway they've always been looking for.

Deleted

This is one of the most shallow and immature thing i've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Cause you sound like a real happy person.
    How do you sound happy when making a post? Should I have cheered a little more for him being a badass that does drugs?

But tell me, why does someone use drugs? Some to relieve pain, but most to feel happy (high, stoned, whatever you call it). He doesn't come across as someone who uses it to relieve pain, as they usually aren't all that happy about having to use it (being in pain and all...), so he uses it to be happy. I still think it's sad that you need to resort to drugs to be happy. Trying it a few times to know what it is, I can understand that. Using it regularly, even in a way that interferes with other activities in your life, that I can't understand. Same goes for getting drunk, which is the same as doing drugs.

I don't need drugs, because I'm happy without them. What about you?