Poll: How do you feel about people playing under the influence of drugs?

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Bother with what? You can't even handle a simple reply to your comment on your acid use? Man, you're easy to bum out.
    You saying "Go listen to amazing music, go out and see the nature, or go to a party that fits with the acid trip." isn't stating an opinion. Using "I think" or "I feel" instead of "Go" is the way to go about stating an opinion.

Maybe you can understand my frustration when someone like yourself comes along and says they're stating an opinion, but doesn't write it as an actual opinion, and tries to defend what they wrote that was meant to be an opinion, when they should have payed more attention in English class on how to start a sentence. But that's just me and the way I feel, maybe you did have the intention of stating your opinion about it.
    Last edited by Ravegirl; 2013-11-28 at 04:29 AM.
    The cat is out of the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravegirl View Post
    You saying "Go listen to amazing music, go out and see the nature, or go to a party that fits with the acid trip." isn't stating an opinion. Using "I think" or "I feel" instead of "Go" is the way to go about stating an opinion.
    Yes. Clearly it is of my opinion that this is the ideal place to have an acid trip. You could've simply responded with something like "I've done that, and I wanted to try this out." instead of trying to make a big deal about it by saying "Need I say where I've done all my LSD trips?" like you're a big deal.

I guess we both could've worded our responses better.

Yes. Clearly it is of my opinion that this is the ideal place to have an acid trip. You could've simply responded with something like "I've done that, and I wanted to try this out." instead of trying to make a big deal about it by saying "Need I say where I've done all my LSD trips?" like you're a big deal.

I'm pretty sure that's all he/she meant in the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's all he/she meant in the response.
    See: I guess we both could've worded our responses better.

Not that he/she (nor I) is obliged to do so, but it would make for easier conversation making.

Normally when I am messed up, I have a very low tolerance, and it seems to hit me harder than most and i will do things that i totally wouldn't do sober. I remember one time playing Kingdom Hearts high as a kite and the next day logging at the coliseum (which was okay but I had 0 mega potions left when i knew for a fact i had quite a few.) So I try to stay away from wow/any rpgs that i play while intoxicated. A fighting game where you dont have your progress saved I am fine with.

Wonderful Sig made by Torgerd

God I hate this thread so much. So much to the point where I had to find my password go through all those steps just to point out the flaws in this thread. One those saying alcohol is not a drug stop right now rethink what you said then smack yourself on the head. For those of you bashing the use of marijuana you can smack yourself as well. Millions of people use it for medical reasons some life threatning reasons. I personally use it for insomnia. Don't go tell me to take ambien or a sleep aid because you get dependency off those I know I had sleep aid dependency for years it was awful. I also use it recreational I like the high it gives me. No its not because I can't handle life it just makes WoW a lot more enjoyable to me. O hey guess what I was a hardcore raider and PvP'er for years while smoking I have hit 2500 in Arenas as well as top ranks in WoL for Resto Shaman. All while smoking weed. Its an enhancer imo and every good PvP'er I have run into over the years, well not every but most smoke weed.

Who are you to say what we can do. Alcohol and Cigarettes kill more people in a minute then weed does in a year. In fact the only way someone can die on weed is if they are a moron and do stupid shit, and even then they probably would have done that stupid shit sober because they are stupid. Someone smoking weed in their home playing a video game has no effect on you what so ever. Even if they do poorly at something how do you know it the weed? I have played WoW high for 6 years and people know when im sober because I do a lot worse.

I also saw someone who said they would g kick them if they found out they did drugs. Hey guess what I don't want an intolerable person like you as my GM anyways. I also saw someone bring up a good point. When most of us smokers say hey one second rolling a joint or let me pack a bowl we are seeing if anyone else has interest in smoking were not yolo420blaze it kids looking for attention. Its a lot more awkward if we just hope in vent and be like WHO HERE SMOKES WEED BECAUSE I DO!

In fact I would pay good money to see another resto shaman outheal me in a raid while im toking because I always outperformed our healers when smoking.

So really all of those who look down on me keep doing so because I am enjoying my life every day with this amazing plant god gave to me.

PS I don't agree with getting drunk in raids from personal experience but I know people who can handle it.

EDIT: I bet all of you who voted I hate drugs entirely are too dumb to realize the bottle in your hand is killing you faster then the joint in mine so please enjoy that liver disease. Also inb4 lung disease because I purely vape and eat edibles with the occaisonal Joint on a holiday or special night.
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2013-11-28 at 04:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Speak for yourself, I feel as if I worded everything I said to be quite accurate. They way I perceived your response was as if you thought I had never tripped acid anywhere else before. So hence me stating "Need I say where I've done all my LSD trips?" was quite accurate.

And judging by your responses to other peoples post, again, I don't see why I bother..
    The cat is out of the bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    God I hate this thread so much. So much to the point where I had to find my password go through all those steps just to point out the flaws in this thread. One those saying alcohol is not a drug stop right now rethink what you said then smack yourself on the head. For those of you bashing the use of marijuana you can smack yourself as well. Millions of people use it for medical reasons some life threatning reasons. I personally use it for insomnia. Don't go tell me to take ambien or a sleep aid because you get dependency off those I know I had sleep aid dependency for years it was awful. I also use it recreational I like the high it gives me. No its not because I can't handle life it just makes WoW a lot more enjoyable to me. O hey guess what I was a hardcore raider and PvP'er for years while smoking I have hit 2500 in Arenas as well as top ranks in WoL for Resto Shaman. All while smoking weed. Its an enhancer imo and every good PvP'er I have run into over the years, well not every but most smoke weed.

Who are you to say what we can do. Alcohol and Cigerettes kill more people in a minute then weed does in a year. In fact the only way someone can die on weed is if they are a moron and do stupid shit, and even then they probably would have done that stupid shit sober because they are stupid. Someone smoking weed in their home playing a video game has no effect on you what so ever. Even if they do poorly at something how do you know it the weed? I have played WoW high for 6 years and people know when im sober because I do a lot worst.

I also saw someone who said they would g kick them if they found out they did drugs. Hey guess what I don't want an intolerable person like you as my GM anyways. I also saw someone bring up a good point. When most of us smokers say hey one second rolling a joint or let me pack a bowl we are seeing if anyone else has interest in smoking. Its a lot more awkward if we just hope in vent and be like WHO HERE SMOKES WEED BECAUSE I DO!

So really all of those who look down on me keep doing so because I am enjoying my life every day with this amazing plant god gave to me.

PS I don't agree with getting drunk in raids from personal experience but I know people who can handle it.
    I don't like pot or any of that crap. It's none of my business what you do until you start bragging about it or doing dumb shit "Uhhhh duh..pause I gotta roll a blunt up."

Long as you keep it to yourself, I don't care.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

well said Laylie,

SMOKER????

<<<< this guy

Wonderful Sig made by Torgerd

I couldn't care less, with two caveats: one, I don't have to hear "Dude I'm so freaking high" every 10 seconds. Two, they don't act out, or turn into a malicious person. Other than that I don't care what someone else does to themselves for enjoyment (as long as they aren't hurting others in the process).

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't like pot or any of that crap. It's none of my business what you do until you start bragging about it or doing dumb shit "Uhhhh duh..pause I gotta roll a blunt up."

Long as you keep it to yourself, I don't care.
    Hes being honest? He is legit rolling a blunt he has to take a pause. If I have to pause for a minute to pack a bowl im not going to just be like hold on a minute and not explain why I have to make my group wait. Grant it I will wait until a pause in battle but its not like were trying to get attention like that. Its not bragging thats not how we see it, it is a part of our life it just like you saying hold on have to take the dog out. Well shit I hate dogs so that offends me too man.

Deleted
    I voted the 1st option. I've been on different drugs several times when playing Wow and it truly makes game(s) better... Depends on drug and amount used, heavily stoned on weed is not optimal or nodding on opiates = not good / cool. I don't recommend drug use to anyone tho, it's illegal in almost any country and you might get addicted etc. Double standard, huh?

I was talked to about tanking a little bit to drunk once, cause it was becoming the norm. i simply stopped no biggy and don't blame raid leaders that want sober raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    Hes being honest? He is legit rolling a blunt he has to take a pause. If I have to pause for a minute to pack a bowl im not going to just be like hold on a minute and not explain why I have to make my group wait. Grant it I will wait until a pause in battle but its not like were trying to get attention like that. Its not bragging thats not how we see it, it is a part of our life it just like you saying hold on have to take the dog out. Well shit I hate dogs so that offends me too man.
    I wouldn't know if he was legit. It was a Dota II game. Didn't really care less. Comparing taking a dog out to smoking pot....well it's silly.... Terrible comparision. Taking a dog out doesn't really affect your mind in the way drugs do or in this case pot. I don't know why you even used that
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Ravegirl View Post
    Speak for yourself, I feel as if I worded everything I said to be quite accurate. They way I perceived your response was as if you thought I had never tripped acid anywhere else before. So hence me stating "Need I say where I've done all my LSD trips?" was quite accurate.

And judging by your responses to other peoples post, again, I don't see why I bother..
    Yet, you keep bothering. Odd.

Alright, since you're being an outright ass now, here we go:

Speak for yourself, I feel as if I worded everything I said to be quite accurate.
    You haven't. You've responded to me like a douche from the point where I misinterpreted your initial reply to this thread.

They way I perceived your response was as if you thought I had never tripped acid anywhere else before.
    Well, DUH. One can assume a lot of things when not enough information is given. Like I said in the post you just quoted, "I guess we both could've worded our responses better."

I don't even see why I bother with some kid that feels attacked the moment he's confronted with an opinion. If the "Go" bothered you, then you should've made a point about that before acting like a big shot.

^both of you stop it's the most pointless argument.

I wouldn't know if he was legit. It was a Dota II game. Didn't really care less. Comparing taking a dog out to smoking pot....well it's silly.... Terrible comparision. Taking a dog out doesn't really affect your mind in the way drugs do or in this case pot. I don't know why you even used that
    If your used to it as something in your lifestyle, you don't see it as obnoxious to say.

It's like me casually mentioning I'm gonna take my yacht out this weekend. If all my friends have yachts, they don't take it offensively.

I hit 2500 in Arenas 3 times while smoking weed as well as over 50 top 100 rankings for healing in world of logs. I play League of Legends high and have gotten to platinum with little effort. My comparison was actually pretty on point if I say so myself. You compared someone having to take a break to do something you don't like just like I did. So I don't see where your logic comes from. Let me ask you this have you ever smoke it and if so how many times? Because im sick of those who smoke it less then 10 times saying its the devil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    I was talked to about tanking a little bit to drunk once
    Yeah, same here... on a dps char.

OTHER. I don't give a fuck and people can do whatever they want. Drugs don't actually make you into a retarded fool, it's a nuanced issue and playing with people who are drunk is a lot more annoying. Which brings up the issue of which drugs you're talking about, they are as varied in effect as they are in selection. Alcohol is a drug that is just given a domestic status in our culture, but it kills and damages more people per year than every illegal drug combined.

If someone is nodding off on heroin and falling asleep at the keyboard or being a drunken idiot it's annoying, but otherwise people in a better mood doesn't really bother me. You'd be surprised actually by the number of people who don't advertise their vices like an annoying teenage pot head who use illicit substances and actually lead productive lives and successful lives. Cultural taboos let us all feel better about ourselves at the expense of others.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    If your used to it as something in your lifestyle, you don't see it as obnoxious to say.

It's like me casually mentioning I'm gonna take my yacht out this weekend. If all my friends have yachts, they don't take it offensively.
    You can brag to me about your yacht all you want. But of course I expect some pictures and a weekend or two with it.